[2.2]The CoC Slam - Groundslam AoE Cast on Crit - Build Guide [SC]

"
gisabelle wrote:

Hey, i am not exactly sure what you are asking for.

You want help to respec that Shadow tree to a CoC Slam tree?

Or respec it into something else?
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Ok, I hope i can get some help here.

First off all, this is by far my fav. CoC build.

BUT, pls Help me with some Problems:

1. How do I get single target dps? I have to skip every single boss (smt. yellowpacks), cause I cant kill them, if they have lifereg.

2. How do I get more survivalbility? Ok, with lvl 60 i am low-lvl i know, but this 1 shots drives me crazy. Accrobatics? I dont see there anyroom for gear, to stack up high evasion.

3. Is there any attackspeed breakpoint for multistrike? Atm I hate it! I get stuck in the animation and get 1-shotted. I know - more hits - more crits - more proccs - more dmg, but if i die, i cant deal dmg...

The Character Tab in your Profile is set to private so i can´t see your gear. To help with some of the questions it would help if you link your gear or set your Profile to public so i can see the gear there.

1: What spells are you using? Glacial Cascade + Shock Nova/Flame Surge are really solid singletarget DPS imho.
If you use Flamesurge make sure that you have some Flat Fire Damage on your Groundslam to ignite Mobs with your attack to get the 50% More Damage from Flamesurge.

2: We can´t stack high Evasion or Armour, thats why we go for Acrobatics and need high Life rolls on every piece of gear we can get it on.

LvL 60 is a hard spot because you don´t want to upgrade some of your Gear because you can´t use the high level base items, but you can allready get Rings, Belt and Amulet. If you are using Rats Nest, try to switch to Starkonyas Head, it has a really good liferoll and also gives attack speed and crit chance.

Life on your Belt is really important. Getting %Life on your Jewels will also help. We do have a decent amount of %Life from the tree, you just need to stack Flat Life on your items to get the benefit from your tree investment.

Also try to curse with Warlords Mark instead of Poachers Mark to get Life Leech and Endurance charges.

Another option is switching the Power Charge on Crit into a Life Leech Gem and maybe even get Vaal Pact in the tree.
You will need something like a Icespear+Power charge on crit then to keep up the charges in longer fights.

3: You can play without Multi Strike and try faster Attacks, i never liked it because it feels really slow to me. I never had problems with beeing locked to long in the Multi Strike so i never really tried to play without it. I guess you could get away with faster Attacks Gem and rolling Jewels for attackspeed and maybe take some additional attackspeed at the shadow start...

I also noticed that the Link to the Skilltree was a bit messed up, i updated it with my latest version and also linked the Gear i am currently using.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Oct 22, 2015, 9:55:56 AM
Tyvm for the fast response.

I updated my Profil - now you can see my chars

1. I play with groundslam - coc - glacial cascade - ice nova - incr. AoE
And hell yeah, i love incr. AoE as the 5th Gem.

I have a 5L carcass Jack in my stash, just have to hit 62 later the day.

My thoughts yesterday were:

- try HoI with life leech. (worked well on my reaver)
- try to get ice leech
- get Acrobatics + Vaal pact asap

- skip every f*king Beyond pack

maybe the transition was to early. =/
Yea now that i see it, the start for the witch is pretty hard, as you need to take the spellcrit and AoE you would normaly take later in the build once you got essentials like Powercharges and Dual Curse.

I would say as first aid: Spec out of Retribution and Templar AoE, get Dual Curse with that points and a Powercharge.
Like that: Tree

Then replace inc. AoE Gem with Powercharge on Crit and add Warlords Mark to the Curse on Hit.

With power charges you get additional 200% Global Crit then, letting your attacks crit more often AND let your spells crit more often for more damage.
Its a lot less AoE but alot more consistent damage, you can get the AoE back later.

I also would switch the amulet, its nice to have for leveling but at this point it lowers your damage to much i would say. Try to get a rare amulet with Crit Chance, Crit Multi, Spell Damage.

(You get 200% global crit with the charges, rare amulets have 30% crit chance so you still gain a lot chance even with switching the amulet)

Another thing you can try a bit later is buying higher leveld Gems. You can use lvl 19 Gems at lvl 68, but your spells won´t be leveld that mcuh at this point. Buying leveld ones then is a big damage boost.

Btw: if you need help with bosses like Cruel Malachai/Daresso/Kaom just drop me a PM, i am glad to help you!
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Oct 22, 2015, 4:31:38 PM
Dude, srsly. Thank you very much. Did not expect to get that much feedback.

I did some minor changes - as you wrote. BUT! as long as beyong is online... its IMPOSSIBLE to play that specc for my. Litteraly every fking Mob is 1-shotting me.

Its kinda sad. This build is pure fun!!
Big update!

Updated the Skilltree, Links and Gear Parts of the Guide!

Found a good Singletarget Setup with Vaal Lightning Strike, Life Leech + Vaal Pact give lots higher survivability!

If you followed the Guide check out the changes i made it really makes the build a lot better!
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
~b.o 2.5 exa

if anyone is interested
Updated Skilltree for 2.1 + added info about Deathhand Talisman for Singletarget.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info