[2.2 Video Guide] Beginners Bow Build - Crit Split Arrow & Blast Rain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

Can you explain the reasoning behind going for Avatar of the Chase instead of Avatar of the Slaughter?

Avatar of the Chase gives 10% increased Attack-, Cast- and Movementspeed and 20% increased Attack Damage during Onslaught. 25% more chance to evade melee attacks and 15% more chance to evade projectile attacks.

Avatar of Slaughter gives 1 additional Frenzy Charge and 2% MS, 3% AS/CS and 3% Attack Damage per Frenzy Charge. This means you gain (on full Charges) 16% increased Movementspeed, 24% increased Attack- and Castspeed and 24% increased Attack Damage. In addition to this you gain 4% more Damage and Attack-/Castspeed from the 8th Frenzy Charge (Edit: Also 4% increased Evasion Rating from the skill tree).

Do you feel the % more chance to evade outweigh 6% increased MS, 18% increased AS/CS, 4% increased Attack Damage and 4% more Damage? Is this just a HC decision or is there something I am missing entirely?

How do you think would Darkray Vectors affect this decision?
Last edited by NetworxSniper on Mar 29, 2016, 3:13:28 PM
"
NetworxSniper wrote:
Can you explain the reasoning behind going for Avatar of the Chase instead of Avatar of the Slaughter?

Avatar of the Chase gives 10% increased Attack-, Cast- and Movementspeed and 20% increased Attack Damage during Onslaught. 25% more chance to evade melee attacks and 15% more chance to evade projectile attacks.

Avatar of Slaughter gives 1 additional Frenzy Charge and 2% MS, 3% AS/CS and 3% Attack Damage per Frenzy Charge. This means you gain (on full Charges) 16% increased Movementspeed, 24% increased Attack- and Castspeed and 24% increased Attack Damage. In addition to this you gain 4% more Damage and Attack-/Castspeed from the 8th Frenzy Charge (Edit: Also 4% increased Evasion Rating from the skill tree).

Do you feel the % more chance to evade outweigh 6% increased MS, 18% increased AS/CS, 4% increased Attack Damage and 4% more Damage? Is this just a HC decision or is there something I am missing entirely?

How do you think would Darkray Vectors affect this decision?

As you say yourself, it is primarily due to the more evasion you gain. The added damage is more of a luxury as this type of build doesn't really need more damage anyway to scale late into the game.
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Hey there! im still progressing (i think lol) and im 69 atm. My questions are...

-Is worth to use Atziri's Splendour Sacrifical Gaarb than Lightning Coil? (Sorry if its a dumb question, im saving for coil anyways if its needed)

-What do i need to craft a bow nearby the same as the one you did show at the guide (Im kind of lost and trying to catch up at craft)?

-Where can i get fast exp from 69 to 75?

-Is worth to keep using Carnage Heart Onyx Amulet? (I brought one with good rolls but when i unequip, it does not let me keep using most of my gears cuz of the att requirements and i dont know if i should change it at this point)

Sorry if its a lot of questions =/ Thank you!
"
Squirtle2096 wrote:
Hey there! im still progressing (i think lol) and im 69 atm. My questions are...

-Is worth to use Atziri's Splendour Sacrifical Gaarb than Lightning Coil? (Sorry if its a dumb question, im saving for coil anyways if its needed)

-What do i need to craft a bow nearby the same as the one you did show at the guide (Im kind of lost and trying to catch up at craft)?

-Where can i get fast exp from 69 to 75?

-Is worth to keep using Carnage Heart Onyx Amulet? (I brought one with good rolls but when i unequip, it does not let me keep using most of my gears cuz of the att requirements and i dont know if i should change it at this point)

Sorry if its a lot of questions =/ Thank you!

Hey mate!

1. Lightning Coil is better!

2. Try searching for ZiggyD bow crafting on youtube/google and there will be a video showing you how

3. Dried Lake merciless!

4. Carnage heart is too risky imo. Better get a rare amulet that grants you those attributes, life and resistances instead :)
looking for the [2.1 Video Guide] Beginners Bow Build - Crit Split Arrow & Blast Rain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

for my older account please?

I dont understand when starting new character to choose sub classes so i think im stuck with the old version, thanks
"
looking for the [2.1 Video Guide] Beginners Bow Build - Crit Split Arrow & Blast Rain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

for my older account please?

I dont understand when starting new character to choose sub classes so i think im stuck with the old version, thanks

If you are playing the same game we all do, then you are 2.2 and you should follow this guide, not the 2.1. You have to go to the labyrinth to unlock your ascendancy classes.
Hi

I am now lvl 82. I have followed the guide with exception of taking the life nodes before the DPS nodes for survivability. I am using the following bow which I bought and lucked out regaling the big +fire damge. It is about 420DPS.

The only nodes I am missing are the 3 Depth Perception and the 3 Heartseeker and I have been lazy getting my last 2 Ascendancy points. My gems are lvl 19 otw to 20. My tool tip with 7 Frenzy and 3 Power is just over 20k which seems low to me. What can I expect it to get to with lvl 20 gems and the remaining nodes and 2 Jewels?

One last question. There are 2 +15% physical nodes by Aspect of Eagle and a +16% projectile off of the start. They would seem to provide way more DPS than Depth Perception or Heart Seeker. What was the reason fo rnot using them?

Thanks
"
Kanguranan wrote:
Hi

I am now lvl 82. I have followed the guide with exception of taking the life nodes before the DPS nodes for survivability. I am using the following bow which I bought and lucked out regaling the big +fire damge. It is about 420DPS.

The only nodes I am missing are the 3 Depth Perception and the 3 Heartseeker and I have been lazy getting my last 2 Ascendancy points. My gems are lvl 19 otw to 20. My tool tip with 7 Frenzy and 3 Power is just over 20k which seems low to me. What can I expect it to get to with lvl 20 gems and the remaining nodes and 2 Jewels?

One last question. There are 2 +15% physical nodes by Aspect of Eagle and a +16% projectile off of the start. They would seem to provide way more DPS than Depth Perception or Heart Seeker. What was the reason fo rnot using them?

Thanks

While the fire damage roll is nice, it isn't what you need for this build. This build scales purely off physical damage which makes your fire damage roll inefficient. If you fix that your tool-tip will get much higher.

With a good bow you can easily reach 35-50k dps :)
Fixed a few minor spelling errors!
Hi, I just want to start off by saying I play many of your builds as I enjoy how you lay it all out, you make it very easy to learn and enjoy my toons, so thanks for that :D

Now, I can see that this guide was posted before the recent buff to the Pierce gem, so I am wondering how replacing the Chain gem with Pierce would affect the build? Is Chain necessary to make anything work properly, or can it be a matter of preference? Thanks in advance!

Edit: Also, sorry if you've answered this already, I couldn't find it in some of the previous posts.
Last edited by Dalgaras on Apr 11, 2016, 3:37:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info