DOMINATION CRAFT BUG REPORTS & ANALYSIS

bump
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY
For the record, domination works on village ruin (79), which confirms my theory (no A4 tilesets).

EDIT : and also on overgrown ruin (79)
Last edited by xhul on Aug 3, 2015, 11:18:00 PM
2 more on volcano + 1 on malformation : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1375334
Last edited by xhul on Aug 3, 2015, 11:18:28 PM
Happened for me in Waterways, bug report 2,124,818,640.

Thank god I checked this. Because I had it in Waterways. Was about to put domination on Excavation. now I atleast know to do something else on it.
"
Altha wrote:

Thank god I checked this. Because I had it in Waterways. Was about to put domination on Excavation. now I atleast know to do something else on it.

First post updated.
Thanks.

#####

MESSAGE TO GGG (bottle in the water ?) :
Considering what we have, here is my personal theory, for what it's worth :
Maps with A4 tilesets are actually the only maps that were entirely added since 2.0 (not actually the same as some existing maps having been altered, like some changes to map level, or possible mob packs, for example).
What this means is that i don't think some executable code section is directly responsible for that behaviour, but rather the read-only data that was injected for those maps.
Pure speculation of course, since i don't have access to those bits to verify anything.
Hope it'll help.
Last edited by xhul on Aug 4, 2015, 10:58:10 AM
SAVE THE WHALES CHAOS ORBS !
waterways : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1377193

#####

Now that i think of it, what if the problem isn't specifically about domination in the first place ?
In other words, does anyone remember having seen any shrine in one of those maps (without domination) ?
bump
"
xhul wrote:
"
Altha wrote:

First post updated.
Thanks.

#####

MESSAGE TO GGG (bottle in the water ?) :
Considering what we have, here is my personal theory, for what it's worth :
Maps with A4 tilesets are actually the only maps that were entirely added since 2.0 (not actually the same as some existing maps having been altered, like some changes to map level, or possible mob packs, for example).
What this means is that i don't think some executable code section is directly responsible for that behaviour, but rather the read-only data that was injected for those maps.
Pure speculation of course, since i don't have access to those bits to verify anything.
Hope it'll help.

Thanks for your work on this. Surprised to see someone was able to put Domination on Excavation. I think your theory sounds about right (about A4 maps being bugged, no idea about the reason though). Hopefully it's fixed soon.
IGN: Icy
"
icy112 wrote:
Surprised to see someone was able to put Domination on Excavation.

Actually, he didn't.
He said he "was about to", but came on this thread on time.
What we need to know right now, is if shrines can actually spawn in those maps, even without domination.
Wouldn't be surprised if they can't.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info