The Pit map final boss

What kind of insane set up do you need to clear the final room?

I have a Ball Lightning ES leech, 2.5k health, 2.1k ES witch that just dies instantly every time. The arena is empty one second then has at least 50 enemies in it the next. Then when you go back it zones you right into the middle of the arena where every single archer can hit you instantly.
Last edited by cscottydont on Jul 21, 2015, 10:52:00 PM
There is actually a fixed amount of enemies. They stop spawning after u kill enough "waves".
Still A LOT of them though.

What I do is I kite boss and kill the trash mobs till they stop coming then kill boss.
You can actually lure boss into a corner and go to opposite side of the room and he will stop following you. As long as u stay near one of the gates the trash will keep coming until it runs out.
Last edited by Ulysses55 on Jul 21, 2015, 11:38:11 PM
The problem I had with the boss was his insane cyclone damage. Cleared the arena of mobs pretty easily but his cyclone would just eat through my 5k health before I could even get two hits in.

This was when I was first starting maps. By now I could probably handle him, but I'm at the point now where any map under 72 is going into the grinder.

This boss sucks. Sure he's do-able, but certainly not for the challenge level in which you find him. I wouldn't be surprised if GGG's statistics showed fewer than 20% of the playerbase fights him more than once.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
the strat is to reroll from es based chars to life
I just kill the bosses, never noticed those trash mobs, but more enemies = more leech
I don't even know what is in that boss room. I only saw a full room of health bars and I've been cycloning over them for a good couple of minutes with ~2 FPS. After I've killed them all my FPS remained low (although in double digits, barely) until I've left the room.

Bottom line, never shall I do it again.
Personally playing firestorm which makes it easy, just run in the middle of the room and start stroming on my self and everything that tries to kill me dies.

Friend playing Fireball which wasnt able to take it out the first try but he then farmed vaal areas for vaal flameblast and linked it with echo+increased aoe+conc effect and now he does it even faster than i do.
It is not the cyclone that killls prepared chars. It is thhe 'kaoms smash' attack that he does. If you have a wall behind you (or a pylon) it will hit several times. And that hurts and in most cases is fatal.

Btw vaal detonaate dead...
Vaal Lightning Strike works wonders.
My little tribute to Diablo 1 aka why Diablo 3 is the worst part of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2ejhudUlU

ig: Witchfire_The_Unholy
Yep, that boss final fight kill me the first time, wansn't specting that kind of mob hordes, i wasn't ready, after that i run 2 or 3 more PIT´s, and final fight was easy with vaal haste and vaal clarity, like an injection of steroids to my minions.
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info