[2.0] Hiken | The Fire Fist

"
Hiken or 火拳 meaning Fire Fist is the main inspiration for this build

By utilizing Avatar of Fire with Ice Crash's 50% Phys to Cold Conversion and a Cold to Fire gem to get the last 25% of damage back we can stack some multipliers to get the full potential out of Ice Crash.

Doing 77 maps so far with 0 problems and 75k+ dps. Most bosses if I can get one hit in it will die from either the burn dmg or gets stunned long enough for more hits.

Passive Tree

Ice Crash
Spoiler

Ice crash scales so well with Avatar of Fire because of the initial 50% Phys conversion to Cold.
Using Facebreakers is a known tactic but Avatar of Fire really gets it to another level.

Ice Crash Tooltip in hideout with Conc Effect:

Ice Crash Tooltip in hideout with Inc AOE:

Ice Crash Tooltip in map with Conc Effect + 3x Frenzy and lvl 3 SFG:

Ice Crash Tooltip in map with Inc AOE + 3x Frenzy and lvl 3 SFG:

Using Abyssus + 6L with Blood Magic this goes to 75k aoe and 105k conc, sick dps for Ice Crash.

PROS:
- Rather Tanky, easy to get 5k+ Life
- Not insanely expensive
- Great Damage and AOE
- Just punch the ground and shit dies
- Can do a lot of map mods, expect for mainly reflect
CONS:
- Not first build viable
- Reflect can hurt but is manageable
- Atziri is very difficult but manageable

Gear
Spoiler

No weapon and no Chest needed,
You can increase our damage by using Abyssus + 6L'd Chest but survivability will drop.

Jewels
Spoiler

You want a 15% http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Martial_Artistry
as well as jewels rolled with any of these modifiers
- Melee Damage
- Physical Damage
- Fire Damage
- Cold Damage (gives you less than Fire)
- Melee Physical Damage while holding a Shield
- Area Damage
- Attack Speed
- Attack Speed while holding a shield
- Damage

Uniques
Spoiler

This gives you a lot of survivability and an easy 7L.
Meginord's while leveling up might trade it in for a Doryani's Invitation Belt.
Get as high roll of Facebreakers you can get. No surprise there.
With Belly you can get the colors you want easily and gives a ton of survivability.
Abyssus is a cheap helmet for loads of dps in exchange of survivability.
Leveling with 6L always fun, use with Abyssus until another 6L comes along or BoR.

Gems
Spoiler

Bringer of Rain - 4L (Effective 7L):
Ice Crash + Cold to Fire + Blood Magic / Fire Penetration + Increased Area of Effect / Concentrated Effect.

Rest depends on what u want I use:
Hatred + Herald of Ash + Arctic Armour (you stand still while you attack). (100% reserved Mana, using Blood Magic gem)
CWDT(lvl 1) + Flammability(lvl 5) + Blood Rage (lvl 7) + Summon Flame Golem(lvl 3)
Flame Dash + Shield Charge + Vaal Haste + Blood Magic (Movement Gems)

Bandits
Spoiler

Normal - Help Oak - +40 base Life
Cruel - Kill All - 1 passive skill point
Merciless - Help Kraityn - +1 Max Frenzy Charge / Kill All - 1 passive skill point

This build is still being developed and I will get back to this post later to tweak it.
Comments and suggestions always welcome Cheers.
Last edited by Sanctusz on Jul 25, 2015, 6:14:20 PM
reserved.
Looks like it has potential, looking forward to more!
Totally an awsome concept, though i'm worried about damage effectiveness against high ele ress foes and players. Eventhough you have flamabillity curse, it might be though to get trough players with a overcapped fire ress. Didn't experienced it myself, but i wanna ask did you encountered problems like that in the endgame?

"
Fennr wrote:
Totally an awsome concept, though i'm worried about damage effectiveness against high ele ress foes and players. Eventhough you have flamabillity curse, it might be though to get trough players with a overcapped fire ress. Didn't experienced it myself, but i wanna ask did you encountered problems like that in the endgame?

Cheers, on the issue of high ele resist, its true that it can be a hassle but thats with every ele based build out there. With flammability and the -2% fire pen you do a ton of damage. Later I am planning to get more Mana efficiency to drop the blood magic so I can run Fire Penetration instead. That way fire resist mobs are no issue what so ever. That being said, the damage is still so high that you wont notice fire resistant mobs until 78+ maps. If one hit doesn't destroy a blue pack then 2 hits will.

"
Looks like it has potential, looking forward to more!

Cheers, will keep updating as new equipment and new specs come in.
thanks. just remaked my old marauder and lvl 11 ice crash easy clearing 74 map with 82 char :D
You mentioned Arcane/Mana Efficiency instead of using Blood Magic, but unless I'm mistaken that isn't currently on the passive tree.
I'm level 69 at the moment, running this build and just got the facebreakers with herald of ash/arctic armour/hatred running alongside vaal haste, ice crash has cold to fire and conc effect, alongside blood magic, etc etc.

My point being that I have more or less followed this to the tee so far, and I've come into a snag, I'm not sure if it's something I'm not understanding, but at the moment 100% of my mana is reserved, while I can cast things like vaal haste and the like that are equipped with blood magic, my cast when damage taken flame golem/flammability/blood rage cannot be cast because of the fact that 100% of my mana is reserved. Is there something wrong with what I am doing here? I'd like some insight because blood rage and flammability have definitely been very useful and as much as I am loving facebreakers with all of the auras, I feel like I almost want to drop one of the auras merely so I can cast those. I'd like your input on this manor if you wouldn't mind. Thanks for posting such an interesting build, really got me into playing melee characters.
"
My point being that I have more or less followed this to the tee so far, and I've come into a snag, I'm not sure if it's something I'm not understanding, but at the moment 100% of my mana is reserved, while I can cast things like vaal haste and the like that are equipped with blood magic, my cast when damage taken flame golem/flammability/blood rage cannot be cast because of the fact that 100% of my mana is reserved. Is there something wrong with what I am doing here? I'd like some insight because blood rage and flammability have definitely been very useful and as much as I am loving facebreakers with all of the auras, I feel like I almost want to drop one of the auras merely so I can cast those. I'd like your input on this manor if you wouldn't mind. Thanks for posting such an interesting build, really got me into playing melee characters.

First of all you,none of the builds posted is complete at level 69.And most builds struggle at some point of their leveling process.
Your cast when damage taken should work properly even without any mana available.Are the gems at the correct levels or are they overleveled for your cwdt ?
To crit or not to crit ?
"
Slagmaur wrote:
"

First of all you,none of the builds posted is complete at level 69.And most builds struggle at some point of their leveling process.
Your cast when damage taken should work properly even without any mana available.Are the gems at the correct levels or are they overleveled for your cwdt ?

After posting this I came to the realization of my own error. I didn't realize cast on damage taken was something I could use in that way, it was merely a misunderstanding. My apologies.
Alright, I just got to level 68, got my BoR, a decent shield for the time being and for the first time followed a build as closely as possible.
This was the most ass kicking build I've played. From the moment I strapped on the FB to the second I was able to wear BoR it was just non-stop death of anything that even breathed near me. I still have a LONG way to go with getting resists in order, but for the time being I'll manage.

I will say this though, to anyone thinking of using abyssus, I would just level with it and go with BoR afterwards. It's not worth the constant fear of dying. Especially in HC.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info