[2.0.3] Blackdepp's 2H Mace AoE Marauder (easy, cheap, strong)

"
st041986 wrote:
How much sweep DPS will I gain by linking fortify or added fire to sweep-faster attacks-multi strike-melee physical damage? I've been using fusings on my belly of the beast armor to try and get a 5 or 6 link, but have been unsuccessful so far in 50 fusings so I'm stuck with 4 links. My damage right now is around 12k with lvl 17/18 gems and full frenzy charges.

This is my first character I've made since starting less than a month ago. I've had a blast playing so far, but I am to the point that I really need to upgrade my gear to continue being viable in Merciless.

By the way, thanks for this guide!

I can't give you exact numbers but another support gem linked makes a noticable difference.
50 fus aren't too much so don't be too disappointed. Stacking flat physical damage on your gear and upgrading your weapon will also have a great impact on your dps.

PS: damn man, just looked at your gear. you defenetifly need to upgrad that. how did you even come this far with that gear? :D
IGN - Blackdepp
Last edited by Blackdepp on Aug 20, 2015, 8:45:52 AM
"
Blackdepp wrote:
I can't give you exact numbers but another support gem linked makes a noticable difference.
50 fus aren't too much so don't be too disappointed. Stacking flat physical damage on your gear and upgrading your weapon will also have a great impact on your dps.

PS: damn man, just looked at your gear. you defenetifly need to upgrad that. how did you even come this far with that gear? :D

Aside from the chest and gloves, I am just using things I've found. I've not had much luck finding decent drops. I don't think I have enough currency to buy much either. I've got 27 chaos orbs, a regal or two and have been using up my armors, whetstones, alts, and fusings to try and 5 link my chest. The only reason I even got the chest was I got lucky and had an exalt drop for me early on and I used it to buy the chest.

I've been running Dried Lake a lot to try and get currency and hoping for a lucky drop that's worth something or that I can use on my character.

Do you have any advice on what I should try to upgrade first since you've seen the gear on my guy?
Looks like a fun build.

I have a 6L Kongor's Undying Rage Terror Maul in my stash that I have had forever it seems and have been looking for a build to use this on.

I think this might work well with this build.

Thanks ! :)
I would probalby upgrade the rings and the weapon first.

Hey man, good to hear that (:
IGN - Blackdepp
I actually did not like Melee builds before so I haven't played one in a long time. This one is actually pretty fun and I am having blast with it so far.

Finished up normal today, Malachi was no problem, well its normal so :)
Some build types do have problems with him tho, mainly casters which I usually play.

Thanks for doing the build thread, I have seen a couple different versions of this same one but you guide is clean and to the point :)
I started the Game with the Awakening Expansion, doing this as the the first build i play.
So I'm kinda learning the game while playing this and it's a lot of fun so far.

Just wanted to share this with you and thank you for this amazing and fun build!
hey guys, the guide mentions using a low level clarity, what level do you keep it at?
The dps numbers you showed are with Fortify linked? Could you tell your dps numbers without Atziri's Promise?
Last edited by lussiano on Aug 29, 2015, 11:11:28 PM
"
lavaroach wrote:
hey guys, the guide mentions using a low level clarity, what level do you keep it at?

It really all depends on your gear and how much Int/Regain you have.
You want to be able to sustain your attacks and not run oom.
At first you might need mana flasks, but later on with the right gear choices you will find you won't need them hardly at all.

I just turned 60 and my Int is rather low at 157. With gear I have a mana pool of 425.
My Clarity is 14 and reserves 284 of the 425 leaving me 141 left.
My mana regain is 42 per second.

This keeps me going nonstop without issues... for now.

I am using a Dream Fragment ring to keep mana going tho. At some point I need to get rid of this so I can use this ring slot for other things.

Just keep an eye on your mana pool and see how it goes, if you are able to sustain attacks fine then don't level it I would say.

Good luck
"
lavaroach wrote:

I think it is best to keep clarity at lvl 1. Because hatred+herald of ash/arctic armour already reserves 75% of your mana and there is not much left.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info