[3.0] BoR WoE block TANK (perfect Lab farmer)

Thanks for the feed-back, really appreciated it.
If you feel you're doing low damage just play hatred + herald of ash and keep blood rage up. 4 frenzy are 16% more total dps and it's a lot. Running with 6 charges is very nice but as always 100k dps is just overkill. When your tooltip reaches 50k without flsks you're already big enough to try atziri.

I just miss some chaos res (sitting at -60%) but it's hard as hell to get them with only 4 free items (gloves belt 2rings) while capping far more important ele res.
Life pool should be around 4-4.5k if you can reach 5k it's perfect.
I am running hatred + herald right now, that is how I get the DPS jump from ~39k to 46k. I realize not the best but pleanty good to run all the way through the final boss in the game questline, good build that is easy to play for the avg person. Here is why:

1) I was only 1/2 paying attn while rushing through the act 4 on all difficulty levels and only died 4x, on the very last fight. Maybe if the wife was not talking I would not have died as much? :P
2) I do not use flasks, typically. None of my flasks were used until the last boss fight in merc. Then I used the two health ones only, not the other three.
3) Not a super costly build. Granted I did luck out and have about 20ex to play with long ago but I would guess 14 of those went to my RF and he is not nearly as good as this one. So I guess I spent about 4-6ex on this. Rest is self found.
4) Not super complicated really. Only two skills the way I am playing: cleave and leap slam for movement. Granted I do use blood rage and enduring cry at times but not required for 95% of the normal quest chains. Maybe once I get to >lvl 70 maps they will come in handy but not needed yet.
5) Fast clear speed. I bet I could swap conc effect back to increased area for even faster clear speed when farming w/o issue... both gems are carried with me at all times.

How does Riposte / Vengance work in your boots? Are both considered curses and triggered by the curse on hit? If so how do you get two curses at once?
About flasks:

About cost (average in standard):
BoR: (new) 1ex / (mono legacy) 3ex / (duo legacy) 14ex
Woe 6s: (new) 2ex / (legacy) 4ex
Lazhwar: 4c / (2% block) 2ex / (4% block) 8ex
Rainbowstride: 20c / (+1 frenzy) 6ex

About utility skills:
Leap slam: movement skill, can be used for curse on hit.
Blood rage: MUST! Huge dps boost and welcome leech.
Fire golem: nice dps buff but needs to be refreshed a lot.
Chaos golem: even with Iron reflex + Grace you won't notice the difference but more durable than fire golem.
Railing cry: very very big dps boost, beware of damage spike taken on activation (taunt effect).
CWDT + immortal call + curse: I gave up this but it's always good.
Vengeance + Riposte: some cheap damage, they curse on hit both of them, vengeance curse aroud you, riposte is a single target, with dual curse i'll play vengeance + curse on hit + warlord + temporal chain/enfeeble
Thanks for the build, but you didn't mention the best part:

Between my chest and weapon swap slots, I can level 12 gems to sell while playing! Thanks again for the build!
Holy shit, this build has been a blast so far. Really fun, I mean cleave is not as overpowered as cyclone, but man, does it feel good.

I think I can even overcap elemental resistances so much that I can manage 75% without charges thanks to the many jewel sockets. Costs a bit more but meh.

Dmg so far at level 75 is around 80k without level 20 gems or atziri flask/taste of hate.
I'm really loving it.

I think I will skip out on the ranger area block though and spec into more life nodes in the Scion wheel and Marauder area. I will be easily blockcapped on both phys and spellblock with a shit-roll Rumi's. I've taken IR though, feels better to me.
Do you get any life leech at all or regen? Or do you rely on pots to get life back? Did you try Atziri and/or high level maps with the build?
I have the leech from blood rage and the regen from the tree, which, in my case, is around 5.x%, most of which cancels out against degen from blood rage. I dont degen when under the effect of blood rage (except when i have vulnerability on me).

I plan to get a 4th and 5th endurance charge once i make it past 4500 hp, which will give me additional regen (0.2% per charge). But thats a maybe.

The phys dmg portion of the output is substantial so usually I dont have to use flasks at all because i leech plenty. The most important flasks so far is a good granite flask of iron skin to preemptively gain substantial mitigation against hard hitting high acc monsters. That or a Rumis, when you dont have legacy gear and capped block chance.
You get life from regen (5%+ from tree) but most notably from Blood Rage and Warlord Mark leeches.
Like I said before, Atziri is easy with this build, try just to not die on trio from degens.
Frenzy charges are more valuable than endurance.

Tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAdwDhwUtCVgKmwthDc0R1RNMFCAVIBXsF-EZtButHM4hYCb4KaUrUC2DNZI17zrtPC1AoEMxR35M_04yUEdXl1oaYEFjcGRSZU1nm2jycql07XTxdqx343gNeOt673zZfXWBQYPMhNmHaorwj2CiAKluqZStja4-r2yvp7Xytz65Hb02vqfAGsGLwzPEFcT2xq7KkM9-037T_Ni92sHbp-RR5wrpRuoY7w7veu_j8B_2o_cy-Ov-Cv5U_ro=?accountName=coatofarms&characterName=CatGirlCleave

Hi 0Nemesis. Above is a list of my items and my tree.

I need some help. I'm level 73 and I'm doing approx. 26k dps in town, approx. 39k with HoA and hatred, and approx. 65k with blood rage and 5 frenzy charges, atziri flask, and HoA and hatred.

I'm using a legacy BoR and WoE (the WoE is not much less pdps lower than yours). I understand I don't have 20/20 gems in the BoR helmet. But with 20/20 gems I don't think I'm going to nearly make 80-100k dps. I'm trying to get more passive tree axe dps nodes (the slaughter node) .. but I still don't think it's likely going to push me to 80-100k dps.

How do I increase my dps like yours to 80-100k dps? What am i missing?
Last edited by coatofarms on Aug 18, 2015, 5:19:36 PM
Im sure you will get his answer but I took a look and saw that apart from the Slaughter Cluster which is very strong, you also have not yet reached the Retribution and Amplify Notables. You've also not taken the Butchery Notable and if your tree is correct you are missing any and all Jewels which can provide insane dps bonuses apart from the %block chance.

Thats like ~25% dmg and ~5% attack speed per Jewel slot. With at least 5 Slots this build has thats some huge difference.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info