GGG, let's talk about the servers.

Ever since 2.0 came out I have been having massive ping spikes/dropped communications/packet loss at nighttime, usually after 11 PM EST. During the day the servers are completely fine. I play on the American servers, mostly the new Washington server since it's the closest.

And this problem is seriously bad.

I'm talking I get spikes over 1800+ ping that last usually a few seconds where the communication completely poops out. This repeatedly happens about every 20~25 seconds. It's unplayable.

I've heard global chat talking about this a few times and I try to bring it up when it's happening to me as well to see if other people are having issues. And, well, they are.

Problems happen, I get it. But the lack of communication from GGG of this issue is unacceptable. I haven't heard any official statements on what's happening with the American servers or why. I could have very well just missed them, and in this case I would be glad if anyone could direct me to those statements so I could further the discussion and help solve the problem.

This could be a localized ISP routing issue or something - I have no idea, I'm not a network communications guy. Some people who play on the American servers when this is happening to me have said they aren't having issues, so I really have no idea what's going on.

Yet this is usually the only free time I have to play the game... and I can't play.

GGG, please, can you talk about this issue? Thanks.
Nick
Last edited by Nicksiren on Jul 24, 2015, 10:42:20 PM
This is unplayable for me.

Like I'm using lightning tendrils on some shit (holding the button while casting), and every 20 seconds or so it just stops casting for about 3 seconds, I can't move or anything. It might not seem like a lot but go close to a group of mobs and count 3 tedious seconds in your head, you'll see that it's actually a lot.

I switched from HC to SC because of it but it's still annoying as fuck.

Edit: Oh and I've never really complained about desyncs or lags before, but right now it's ridiculous.
Last edited by Jaille on Jul 21, 2015, 12:29:01 AM
Hey Nicksiren,

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing these issues! That does sound extremely frustrating. We made a news post earlier today that covers some of these kinds of issues.

If you find that you're still experiencing the problem, please contact our customer support team at support@grindinggear.com so that we can take you through a few troubleshooting steps and hopefully figure out where the source of the issue is. This will also help us to gather data to see what people in general are experiencing.

I'm sorry again for the hassle! Please let us know if there's anything we can help with in the meantime.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Hey Nicksiren,

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing these issues! That does sound extremely frustrating. We made a news post earlier today that covers some of these kinds of issues.

If you find that you're still experiencing the problem, please contact our customer support team at support@grindinggear.com so that we can take you through a few troubleshooting steps and hopefully figure out where the source of the issue is. This will also help us to gather data to see what people in general are experiencing.

I'm sorry again for the hassle! Please let us know if there's anything we can help with in the meantime.

Hi Bex, thank you very much for the reply. I'm going to see how tonight goes with the servers and maybe send an email to support tomorrow based on how it goes.

Has GGG known about this issue I am experiencing or other similar issues?

I've found the Washington is the worst server for this issue for me, thought it's my preferred choice since I live in southeastern Ontario. I've still had this issue on Texas though I don't have as much time on it to have gather enough data, except that I know it's still happening on it as well.

I read the news post and so far I haven't noticed any differences between the spikes/drops tonight compared to last night (EST time). Either way I want to talk with support and help solve this connection issue. The sooner the connection drops disappear the better!

Cheers
Nick
Last edited by Nicksiren on Jul 21, 2015, 1:59:58 AM
Problem still happened to me last night on both Texas and Washington.

Anyone else here in General having similar problems? Please talk about it!
Yeah, I'm experiencing the same connectivity issues using Texas/DC. 22ms ping on Tx, ~40ish on DC. 50/down, 15/up- speed isn't the issue.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Hi im located in germany and i have huge problems with the servers....

Running Pit map found the boss starting to cyclone him down then i got a huge ms jump from 30ms to 240ms. Got the same issue yesterday evening maps performed like a slideshow... wtf how could you play like this? i mean im playing Tempest league so why are map servers are sooo bad? i dont get it.

I played on Frankfurt Gateway (got that lags) and London Gateway (no difference)

And the even worst is the tempest effects seem to be calculated on the whole map each second... before 2.0 nonstop 30 fps+ now huge lags. GGG

PS: sorry if my post sounds a little to hard

Last edited by smookiEE on Jul 21, 2015, 12:39:20 PM
Every day after ~6 o clock (EU time) I get random disconnects, errors, got knows what. I just

lost my 75 map:

Happens every time I try to join my own map... Sometimes it even says that I'm not the owner of my own account... Stuff like that. All kinds of random errors that are all related to getting kicked by the server.

This also happens when using very large aoe-cc skills on VERY LARGE groups of mobs. The server simply kicks me out.

I tried switching from Amsterdam --> London server, same problems.

Also problems with getting kicked when I run in Act4 town, I quickly open the gate with the quest item from the first quest and then enter the Mines. If I do this too fast, I get kicked by the server and the door is closed again... It goes well if I do it slower.

During the rest of the day, the servers are fine! It's just this 'peak of the day' when a lot of stuff goes wrong.

"
Database server upgrades yesterday have finally fixed a problem where players were getting dropped at peak times.

There must be some more problems.
Yesterday I also saw a lot of friends getting disconnected and reconnecting again as well as some curses in global chat about it.
Last edited by silverdash on Jul 21, 2015, 12:34:22 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone, though it sounds as if some people are talking about separate issues from the one I am experiencing.

As an update I've started to get this during the day as well. It's 12:39 PM EST and I started having the exact same massive ping spiking as I have had during nighttime. Again, this is mostly noticeable for me on Washington.
#cut a bit of the quote hope its allowed ....
"
silverdash wrote:

During the rest of the day, the servers are fine! It's just this 'peak of the day' when a lot of stuff goes wrong.

"
Database server upgrades yesterday have finally fixed a problem where players were getting dropped at peak times.

There must be some more problems.
Yesterday I also saw a lot of friends getting disconnected and reconnecting again as well as some curses in global chat about it.

^This rushed yesterday 14 times act 4 ppl 2 times the whole party got kicked only i wasnt kicked, later the next few runs i got dc'ed aswell.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info