Upcoming Updates to The Awakening!

Sweet thanks for listening, warband players appreciate it.
IGN: Ziggro
"
TokyoToho wrote:

-Nerf physical damage dealt by mobs a bit. No normal mob should hit me for 25% of my life with 5.2k life, fortify up, 3 endurance charges up, and 4k armour. Revenant and Rakango damage need to be looked into, they hurt more than devourers, perhaps that's your intention, but they seem a bit overtuned compared to everything else. Evasion/Acrobatics is a dead option past rare lv75 maps unless they kill everything in 2 seconds before they can ever get hit.

-Smooth out difficulty curves. I understand act 1 Cruel is and has always been kinda of a breather after act 3 normal but at least ramp up the difficulty in Act 2 and 3 cruel/merciless.

-Act 4 doesn't need anymore balance changes aside Daresso's damage, and the Harvest Goons. Kaom is fine. Voll is fine. Their areas are FINE! Grand Arena could use a bit of a nerf in terms of quantity of monsters, you spawn in the arena then boom there's 40 monsters on screen lagging and probably would kill/overwhelm a lot of players. Maybe move them further off into center of the map or reduce the quantity by 10%. Piety, while deadly, is fine too and makes her fun. Malachai, do what you want. Don't change anything else below Harvest.

-Some skill gems could still get a bit of tuning. "Path of flame totem" is real. "Path of when is elemental hit gonna get fixed" is also real.

Overall I love Act 4, and love that you guys are constantly changes, but we are in desperate need of small (not major) changes to keep new leagues interesting. People experienced the expansion, they liked it for the most part, now its all about sustaining and encouraging your fanbase to keep playing.

If you think evasion is bad i hope you never tried to play CI. CI in my opinion is not just dead it is dead and hammered into the ground after. You spend more points than other defense options to get less defense (more points in defense means less offense). At the moment it feels like the early days of PoE defense wise. Everything other than Hp + Armor (and some hybrids) is a clear downgrade.

I like that Act 4 is hard, but it could be toned down a little bit so it doesn't make the rest of the game a joke. Maybe make some things like Pietys beam a bit slower/shorter without nerfing the damage and tone down the damage of some mobs a bit to make them less stick out.

Some skills are really overpowered while others only work as good (or even a little bit worse) with many points put into them, this really needs some tuning. (Flame totem without any dmg points spend still wrecks nearly every other ability with points spend. Maybe make the scaling of flame totem better but make it deal less damage without spending points.)

I also like the mechanic focus of act 4. It makes skill a lot more relevant then pure items, which i really like.
Tempest (never played Warbands) definitly needs some tuning too. Especially Tempests that spawn units (the undead spawn is just crazy) needs to be toned down a bit. You created a map like mechanic that you can only evade with waiting, which is not what people want to do when playing an action rpg (with maps you can just reroll or trade for different maps).

just my 2 cents
Last edited by DE3me on Jul 21, 2015, 5:05:01 PM
Thanks for listening warband players.
CROSS-LEAGUE TRADING: pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1418564
If only the abyssal tempest balance was earlier :( rip 79 toon
Suggestions
>Alt 'Entrance' & 'Quest NPC'|http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26332090/subtledoorANDquest.png
>Alt 'Character Panel'|http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26332090/Stats.png
How about that item logging update you're not actually working on yet?
I think the difficulty of A4 normal is fine...maybe a slight tweak is needed. My issue is with cruel.

I still think it's way too hard. And forget merc, because nobody is suicidal enough to attempt it. They'll get the skill point from the mines and never step foot in it again.

Face it, malachai does way too much damage, and so do the rest of the bosses.

Please remove Revenant noise Chris! PLEASE!! Thank you guys for the hard work and for the great expansion =D
"
gunit76 wrote:
"
Gho5t_2312 wrote:
"
I wonder if the game still crashes with coc builds?

Yes. It does, and I can crash people around me as well. Like, very often I can crash other people.

That's sad, i think they should fix it as soon as possible, especially before all the additional content ;s

That's interesting, neither my Warbands nor my Standard CoC chars cause me to crash. Only grouped a couple times, but no party members have crashed either.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
DE3me wrote:
I like that Act 4 is hard, but it could be toned down a little bit so it doesn't make the rest of the game a joke. Maybe make some things like Pietys beam a bit slower/shorter without nerfing the damage and tone down the damage of some mobs a bit to make them less stick out.

Some skills are really overpowered while others only work as good (or even a little bit worse) with many points put into them, this really needs some tuning. (Flame totem without any dmg points spend still wrecks nearly every other ability with points spend. Maybe make the scaling of flame totem better but make it deal less damage without spending points.)

1) Piety is fine, Malachai hits too hard, Stygian Revenants are probably 30-50% overtuned.

2) Flame totem is NOT damage overpowered, it's just now one of the the safest and most viable ways to play because everything else got nerfed, mobs hit harder, and leech died.
FIX THE LAG SPIKES

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info