[2.0] Benstylez' Doryani's Fist Build Idea

My idea was using Doryani's Fist in Cyclone, focusing on a lot of attack speed and getting a lot of elemental and lightning dmg from tree and furthermore use Phys to Lightning? I can see the shortage because I wouldn't focus on phys dmg, but if say I had a little phys, converted 50% to lightning would it be scaled in a "worthly" manner from the passive notes?

Use an Aegis and go Hybrid for ES sustain through block and Doryani's ES on kill mod.

Initial Tree Idea

Feel free to shatter my dreams!
Last edited by Benstylez on Jul 20, 2015, 9:58:23 AM
So some problems i'm seeing is the lack of block on the tree (you'll need it for aegis to be of some use for sustain), and when doing something with an aegis you don't really need to invest to deep into the es part of a "Hybrid Build" because if your blocking enough the maybe 1k es you have is perfect for getting the job done. So maybe try to scale the block a little more yet keep the increased ele damage, i'd maybe consider a scion or templar instead because they are both beefier bases than the shadow would be and it's easier to scale the block and ele damage on both of them rather than the witch.
I would highly recommend going for scion as it has more accessible jewel nodes, life and block nodes. Also, unless you plan to invest in a lot of accuracy (which is a waste of passives) you will miss a lot. Resolute techniques would be most efficient I guess.

Keep in mind that Aegis works is armour based

I wouldnt recommend spending those passive nodes just to reach blooddrinker without moving on to the block nodes just south of it.

Your build currently doesn't include area of effect radius/area damage, which is kind of necessary if when you're using unarmed. There is the martial artist jewel + the +1 to range unique quest jewel which you can use. If you plan to use concentrated effect you would need more range unless you want to spin around for ever.

I'm curious about the phys to lightning. Do you plan to use abysus and other modifiers?

I'm currently running a doryani's fist cycloner (life based) and I enjoy it a lot. I noticed that area damage + lightning damage + block/attack speed jewels can greatly boost your dps. Only running 70-74 maps atm (just because I don't have any higher ones atm..) and it goes smoothly. The only thing I'm worried about is my damage for 77+ maps.

gems:
cyclone + FA + conc effect + lightn pen + BM (can't sustain 40+ mana cost without it..) + fortify/added lightning (depending on the situation)
hot + coh + conduct/enfeeble + reckoning (hot actually does decent damage with 40% damage effectiveness of the gloves)

My passives look like this atm, might help you plan your build further:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAdwDlgSzBjkLYQxfD6sTnhZvFr8YVho4HKckiySqJpUnLy_MNZI26TsoPAU8LT0PQYdFfEbXR35KmFFgU6VVS1nzX7BgQ2HiZU1mnmh0aPJuPW87b55xhXIPcql343gNfNmCm4MJg1-DzITFhNmMNpBVlFyUoJeXmjubtZ_fogCkkalurKqvbK-nsUK0OLXytz69Nr6AvqfAGsBmwYLDOsT2xq7KSsxmzLfVddhN2L3aYtq542rlGe988B_yRfMG9zL56PrS-6r79f4K

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info