2.0.0f Patch and Manifesto Post about Warbands

My only real issue with Malachai is that his second stage arena is too small. Otherwise, so far in Normal + Cruel it's been a tough but doable fight. First time I got there I just ran around watching what he did, ran into everything he did to see how much damage it did and stuff like that. Died a lot, but learned a lot about the fight.

Room to maneuver seems to me to be the thing that is missing, especially after you kill the first two hearts in stage 2, then you really notice the tiny arena.

Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
I beat mal in normal hc with a build aimed at almost purely sustain, 5 levels above his area's, and he almost one-shot me 3-4 times. I got lucky there, and survived. else it would've been game over for this league's hc for me.

it's too much ggg. why won't you get it is too much.

ps: going through cruel act 1-3 now is easy, and fun (cause I'm still overlevelled). very little chance of dying there. I don't like act 4 at all. better off without it.
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Jul 20, 2015, 8:17:16 PM
The Malachai fight is a fail. Too much going on in an area the size of a stamp. Boss encounters are supposed to have mechanics that need to be figured out and overcome to be successful. This fight is just a mosh of garbage.

The Piety encounter is almost as bad. I had her back herself in a corner so there was no way to run around her death beam, which meant I took more than my share of deaths to finish the fight.

Both fights are in serious need of retooling. That is unless GGG is amusing themselves at the body count of these encounters. That being the case, then this is a huge success. :)
The Lab, making a great game good since 2016.
Malachai in normal was fine, I guess. I had more difficulty beating the 3 previous bosses without dying that much (Warbands).
Once I got to Piety and Malachai in cruel, I got traumatized (countless deaths and portals) and don't intend to finish Act 4 in merciless. Still haven't found item that would trully help ease the damage spikes or the mobs from the bosses.
"
Dragoon_Diver wrote:
funny thing for me
i killed normal malachai and cruel dominus without a cinch (ice crash marauder) then i got a tora mission on act4 cruel to kill that mutated crab (winterchaw or something)
when i entered the lair, a wild vaal cultist spirit possessed the mob, making me die more than 20 times, since he could spawn an infinite number of little crabs and vaal cultist gives soul eater and vaal detonate dead, i needed to kite him to extreme ends of the map to cancel his absurd life leech and his explosion the funny part is that the entire lair was covered with mob bodies making my fps suffer a lot

+1 to that.
I killed Malchai normal deathless (ok, maybe one or two as a novelty fight) and cruel in reasonable margin (under 5) with a budget gear self found friendly (as I totally hate trade system in poe)dual lame totems. Also no major problems with the magnific trio in act 4 (including merciless) or piety - bit messy in last 20% with all those adds and clouds, but still doable, running in circles and stuff.
But, I encountered in kaom's domain one rare rakango or what's-his-name which get possessed by an emblezzler spirit and started to spam ads like there was no tomorrow, in adition to those 3-4 spike spitting heads he popped out of ground as a rare thingy. After 20 minutes, fight was still going on, hectares of the area littered with corpses, fps dropeed from 60 to 10 or so. Practically unkilable. MAlachai is nothing compared to this one. Ofc Malachai merciless took his toll of 50+ deaths, but still...
Dear GGG, I like how you made act 4, piety boss and Malachai boss, was all great. But The main reason (speaking for myself) that malachai/piety is damn hardest than anything else is graphical. How do you expect to play properly with 4 fps during a fight? And I'm using a macbook Air (so it's not a shitty set up, not the best though but still pretty decent) with the lowest graphics on this game. I even switched the "texture quality" value inside the text game file to 4 (game allowing from 0 to 2, 0 being the best). So my game is pretty bad looking graphically speaking but at least it runs... quite well. I hate comparing with other games such Diablo 3 but at least it is Optimized as h*ll. It's very frustrating playing such a great game and having those low fps even with the lowest possible graphics.

Hope we'll see some improvements soon, cause I loved the atmosphere of this part !
Bosses are easy,but fights going longer be cause of the fight mechanics and small areas.In the beginning i was whining like most of ppl out there :) I have lost 3 HC characters in this fights.
All that you need to do is to die as much as possible and start searching how to improve your game style to go through that bosses!

Tip: Piety's Laser Beam does Bleeding.If you want to not one shot run as much as close to her,if you run far from her she is faster catching you.Also her mechanic is nasty you are runing to evade those laser but if it hits you while your runing (bleeding+run speed) burn your Health as hellfire!

Malachai is easy you can find how to kill him!The way is inside your imagination!

Good Luck Exiles have fun! :)
loved the 'other news'.
"
Zenshii wrote:
dual lame totems

Well, those are the builds that have the least problems with him. Loads of continous damage whilst you can still run from him screaming like a little girl.

But try this with a melee char. Or any char who has to stand still to actually deal some damage.

And having to be running totems or traps just to do this one boss is stupid.
"
t_golgari wrote:
"
Zenshii wrote:
dual lame totems

Well, those are the builds that have the least problems with him. Loads of continous damage whilst you can still run from him screaming like a little girl.

But try this with a melee char. Or any char who has to stand still to actually deal some damage.

And having to be running totems or traps just to do this one boss is stupid.

I was playing with a buddy of mine and both played dual flame totems and still managed to die 20 + times each XD .

"
Piety is using Piccolos Special Beam Cannon, no wonder it's so strong, Piccolo used it to kill Raditz also killing Goku in the process.

Haha we got rekt OP PEW PEW LASER Piety
IGN : QueenLeona

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info