2.0.0f Patch and Manifesto Post about Warbands

Malachai definitely killed my standard character like 20 times with 3-7 seconds of entering the area each time with no where to take cover or dodge attacks it seemed. I didn't even have a chance, but I also didn't have my resistances all the way up so maybe that was my problem.
There can only be one Oatmeal.
"
Chris wrote:
In other news, Malachai certainly had a busy week last week, killing over three million characters.

well, that's something daresso would have been proud of.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Arctic Weapon Effect PLEASE !!! Last time was 03/19/2015. PLEASE PLEASE!!!!
"
billyoatmeal wrote:
Malachai definitely killed my standard character like 20 times with 3-7 seconds of entering the area each time with no where to take cover or dodge attacks it seemed. I didn't even have a chance, but I also didn't have my resistances all the way up so maybe that was my problem.

I don't think it is a good idea to have a bossfight where you need close to perfectly rolled items (in normal and for normal) to have 1.6k life and max resists. A new player will never achieve that. And the fight is so damn confusing, he will never know what the actual problem might have been other than:
"Fuck this, I'm not going to do this 2 more times!" - uninstall...
No Tempest League Malachai deaths for me. made it through norm on my first attempt. think i used 5-6 portals each for norm and cruel Malachai. have no intention of fighting him in merc since in each of my Malachai kills he dropped nothing but blues :(

Act 4 piety seems harder to me actually.
~SotW HC Guild~

Last edited by scorpitron on Jul 20, 2015, 3:36:11 PM
"
t_golgari wrote:
"
In other news, Malachai certainly had a busy week last week, killing over three million characters.

If you honestly think this is a good thing...

*shakes head in disbelief*

I know you can check these numbers, I don't know if they apply for everyone. But in my guild, after the devastation PoE 2.0 caused to standard characters, 3 people stopped playing, and the 4 people that are still playing never even tried their luck at Act 4 Merciless, because we lost any interest we had at the stuff with act 4 cruel.

The new tilesets are fine in the maps with sunshine, and some of the maps are cool (Daressos gutters for example), but the damage spikes, the mechanics of the bossfights, all that is nothing the players of my guild ever wanted to experience in PoE.

I honestly think (and I don't want to disrespect anyone, this is just a heartfelt opinion about something I really love) and I can elaborate if wanted (pm me), that with the introduction of act 4 and the changes to some of the skills, PoE overall is a worse experience than before. And I am really sad about this.

The changes to acts 1-3 are fine, most of them are for the better. Getting rid of the dead ends in most of the zones is very much appreciated. But why did you do exactly these dead ends in act 4?

+2 (a friend of mine is playing with me and we both agree) : I have played a bit (700 hours is a bit as far as I'm concerned). I understand very well that dying quite a few times was the intended side effect of playing a new act. But, before act IV, I could play through normal and cruel without dying (close to the end of merciless too). And now, I know I can't play hardcore anymore.

I died 24 times yesterday and 23 times against the second form of Malachai with two characters. Not counting his first form or the other bosses. At the end of Cruel, I've died 69 times with an okayish build. Of course, my poor skills are partly responsible for this, but as said, I was not a new player anymore and could play without dying before. If I keep dying all the time, I wonder at how newbies are faring. I suppose they are not going to stay around very long.

Sincere Congrats to those who achieve to end the game in HC or in SC without dying. But killing a boss in 10 to 15 mn by running and creating 40 portals to town (without any guarantee this will be anough as several bosses can one-shot normally leveled characters) is not my definition of fun and I don't think a game is good when it forces you to do that.

Add to this the fact that your drop rates are definitely senseless (for example, my friend almost never gets any loot when we play together and I get around 7 times more than him. Not that I mind sharing what drops for me, but he wants DROPS, not sharing) and the game is going further away from casual players.

And to any who would tell us to trade to compensate drops : my friend would tell you he still couldn't trade a thing with what dropped for him + he is one of those players not interested at all in trading. He wants things to drop. And the game doesn't give enough for this kind of players (not even close). I do trade a little. But I find it very boring to do and would prefer far much a game with more direct incentive to play.

Too bad, you added very cool things for casuals in 2.0. But you seem to take pride in the fact that your game becomes harder and harder all the time. While I understand for the very endgame, the curve was already steep, it is now nightmare. And not a very fun one. (and add to it that acts 1 to 3 in any N+1 difficulty are indeed easier than act 4 in N difficulty, which doesn't make sense either).

Huge disappointment.
Last edited by Pingouinmalin on Jul 20, 2015, 5:40:27 PM
"
t_golgari wrote:
"

If you honestly think this is a good thing...

*shakes head in disbelief*

I know you can check these numbers, I don't know if they apply for everyone. But in my guild, after the devastation PoE 2.0 caused to standard characters, 3 people stopped playing, and the 4 people that are still playing never even tried their luck at Act 4 Merciless, because we lost any interest we had at the stuff with act 4 cruel.

The new tilesets are fine in the maps with sunshine, and some of the maps are cool (Daressos gutters for example), but the damage spikes, the mechanics of the bossfights, all that is nothing the players of my guild ever wanted to experience in PoE.

I honestly think (and I don't want to disrespect anyone, this is just a heartfelt opinion about something I really love) and I can elaborate if wanted (pm me), that with the introduction of act 4 and the changes to some of the skills, PoE overall is a worse experience than before. And I am really sad about this.

The changes to acts 1-3 are fine, most of them are for the better. Getting rid of the dead ends in most of the zones is very much appreciated. But why did you do exactly these dead ends in act 4?

+1

There is a huge difference between hard "good" and hard "stupid". Act 4 especially the last part in the belly of the beast, is a mess (i stand firmly by that). Even the new map locations are a balance mess, especially the bosses. It starts getting on my nerves, that i get damage spikes as a level 74 in a 69 area (not even map), and with 5700 HP, 40% damage reduction from armor and full resistances i can get 2shot out of nowhere. I feel like i hit a gear check barrier right now, with no uniques, no ex to trade, not even a 5L yet (still im not sure how much better the gameplay would be). I was forced to facetank (and die like 15 times) corrupted Piety in merciless after the insane number of mobs that spawn and wouldn't let me kite to avoid that stupid beam.

I guess the new awesome mechanic is flasks - portal, rinse and repeat... if you manage to reach your portal.
Don't fool yourself exile... your end is just around the corner!
"
Biotar wrote:
wow killing over three million characters!

May I ask what is the average number of deaths by Malachai per character?

Yes, that would be interesting, if info not available then how about number of times Malachai died or number of times there was no character death in a Malachai battle or something similar?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
funny thing for me
i killed normal malachai and cruel dominus without a cinch (ice crash marauder) then i got a tora mission on act4 cruel to kill that mutated crab (winterchaw or something)
when i entered the lair, a wild vaal cultist spirit possessed the mob, making me die more than 20 times, since he could spawn an infinite number of little crabs and vaal cultist gives soul eater and vaal detonate dead, i needed to kite him to extreme ends of the map to cancel his absurd life leech and his explosion the funny part is that the entire lair was covered with mob bodies making my fps suffer a lot
Piety is using Piccolos Special Beam Cannon, no wonder it's so strong, Piccolo used it to kill Raditz also killing Goku in the process.

One handedly killed both of them, literally.
Last edited by Sorbetero on Jul 20, 2015, 7:20:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info