IllustriousDjinni's Explosive Arrow Blood Magic Scion Patch 2.0

Hi IllustriousDjinni here and welcome to my Explosive Arrow Blood Magic Build.

Feel free to check out my other mana based Explosive Arrow Build

The main difference between this build and any other Explosive arrow build is the use of a very under appreciated unique, The Infernal Mantle.
Explosive Arrow is a build that can suffer huge reflect problems and in a hardcore environment you can afford to die even once to reflect. Infernal Mantle is great for this build as it converts 25% of your fire damage into chaos damage. This means that 25% of your damage is unreflectable and penetrate fire resistance which is far more common than chaos resistance. The chest also gives you help with damage due to the increased fire damage and +1 to fire gems. The intended drawback with this item is that you take 100% increased spell damage on low mana however with blood magic 0/0 mana doesn't count as low mana. The only potential downside to this build is that the es it grants isn't as effective as life would be and it can be slightly tricky to get enough intelligence to use it.

Passive Skill Tree

Spoiler

Essential Gear
These uniques are pretty essential to the main idea of the build.

Skill Gems

Main attack: Explosive Arrow - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Increased Area of Effect - Fire Penetration - Life Leech - Slower Projectiles

Single Target: Explosive Arrow - Fire Penetration - Concentrated Effect - Life Leech - Slower Projectiles - Culling Strike

IGN: Rhianil
*** Build guides ***
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1209798
Last edited by IllustriousDjinni on Jul 29, 2015, 7:30:27 AM
Reserved
*** Build guides ***
Looks fun. I managed to pick up a quill rain so I think I'm going to give it a go. How would you recommend pathing as you level? Beeline to BM, templar AoE and then the misc nodes like Hired Killer/Berserking/etc?

Also, I noticed you didn't head to Witch Blast Radius. You reckon the points are better used elsewhere?
Last edited by JoeODanger on Jul 23, 2015, 12:32:26 AM
Why get Retribution and the two strength nodes south of Devotion? Idk, all of the pathing in templar area looks janky. Also, how do you manage to sustain EA with so few regen nodes?

I like the idea, but is this theory craft? Or have you tried using this to stop reflect? I worry about the massive loss of armor from using an es chest. A smart set up of Molten Shell, endurance charges and IC might work though. I just wonder if you have tested this.
"
JoeODanger wrote:
Looks fun. I managed to pick up a quill rain so I think I'm going to give it a go. How would you recommend pathing as you level? Beeline to BM, templar AoE and then the misc nodes like Hired Killer/Berserking/etc?

Also, I noticed you didn't head to Witch Blast Radius. You reckon the points are better used elsewhere?

Dont use explosive arrow until you get gmp at lvl 38. Pathing wise start with the attack speed side and then Just get blood magic and life, you dont really need much damage on the tree at all to do damage.

"
Why get Retribution and the two strength nodes south of Devotion? Idk, all of the pathing in templar area looks janky. Also, how do you manage to sustain EA with so few regen nodes?

I like the idea, but is this theory craft? Or have you tried using this to stop reflect? I worry about the massive loss of armor from using an es chest. A smart set up of Molten Shell, endurance charges and IC might work though. I just wonder if you have tested this.

Retribution simply to path through and because of the 5% attack speed. The two strength nodes are because it is the easiest pathing, it costs 3 points to go straight to Sanctity although it does look funny. You sustain EA through regen, leech and flasks, it still has 3.2% regen which is a a fair amount of life per second because of the high life pool. I have tried it a bit, sure it would be nice not to lose armour but remember you're still an archer so lots of physical attacks wont be hitting you and and the high attack speed makes it easier to move and shoot. You could do your cwdt set up if you wanted.
*** Build guides ***
Any link to a passive tree?
oops, must have deleted it.
*** Build guides ***

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info