Which level did you die in Hardcore mode?

Hi! I like playing HC in games like this. It makes the game more exciting. That said, I've had 2 heart attacks today in act 3, lunaris temple.

The first being the spider guys who shoot multiple red projectiles at me, diminishing my health to 20% in 3 secs, I smashed my flask buttons like mad and ran far away to catch my breath. The second is piety, who took off 40% of my health in one hit. I had to heal and run around the place for one minute to learn his pattern and what to avoid. Killed her finally but it was an exhilarating fight. Almost breathless there.

Knowing which levels fellow players die at and to what, would help me and other new HC players prepare ourselves. Just a general consensus, which levels see the most deaths? I would hate to die before I unlock scion, hope I made it.

Thanks!!
I don't main hardcore by any stretch, so I can only speak for myself. Act 3 Cruel has always felt like a pretty big jump to me. Especially as you get to battlefield+
i feel that a4 cruel is now unpassable wall for me, i used to be able to get to merci a3 no probs before, but a4 cruel malachai is really too hard for me :)
Fellow noob HC player here. I been playing since this spring.

I got a 41 lvl witch through dominus in SC then went after HC

In 1.3

25 mele scion dead spider swarm
52 bow ranger dead connection / server issue
47 bow scion dead big bad spider (a stacking chaos damage attack)

48 bow ranger alive resting for now

In 2.0

32 bow scion dead swarmed by monkeys in A3
39 dual fire totem witch currently leveling in A4

I have played self found except for a weapon I bought with the lvl 52 ranger (which then promptly died). Trading is such a mess I prefer to skip it.

I sort of winged it with the skill tree all of them except the fire totem witch where I am copying the liftingnerdbro template.
Still death free!
I haven't died yet in Tempest. The highest I've made it on other hard core leagues was level 67 (I think). I usually die to something stupid, getting 1-2 shot by something, or just pushing it too fast. I usually know I'm starting to take more damage and getting dangerous, but instead of backing off I keep pushing forward and get dead.

"
The first being the spider guys who shoot multiple red projectiles at me, diminishing my health to 20% in 3 secs, I smashed my flask buttons like mad and ran far away to catch my breath.

Those are Tentacle Miscreations. (sometimes known as titty bitches) They do fire damage. If you have max fire res and don't let too many shoot you at once they aren't too bad. They die easy and don't kite like some shooters. So you want to either back away out of range, or charge them for a fast kill.

For Piety you want all three resistances capped. With decent HP and capped res she's not too bad. I used to get killed by her, but now I barely take damage.

If you want to know what level people die at, check the ladder. Currently the lowest level on the Tempest ladder is 61. But at the beginning of a league you can check it early to give warning when a lot of players are dying.
Hi.

I play HC only when my connection wants. Most of the time, I play SC.

The first death in HC was a lvl 74 Scion (dual flame totem).

The second, a lvl 86 Ranger (Crit TS).

Both cases, doing Zana misions... (Double boss Palace and Olmec's Sanctum).

Now I have a lvl 78 witch waiting respec.
Problemas Conocidos / Preguntas Frecuentes - ¡Por favor lee antes de publicar!

Cómo publicar una imagen

Guía de soporte técnico

MTR y el Manual de Problemas de Conectividad

"Una pulga no puede picar a una locomotora, pero puede llenar de ronchas al maquinista." (Libertad)

IGN: @Copied_to_clipboard
Woops. double post..
Permanent Hardcore only.
Last edited by Rafurion on Jul 19, 2015, 4:35:06 PM
First was 50 something. Second death was 65. I don't have a third death, but my character is level 94.
Permanent Hardcore only.
My first high level death was 54 ( I don't count deaths under 50 they get deleted from Standard )
My highest ever in HC was 61

Currently at 46 in HC
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info