Constant lag spikes

I've just started to have this problem today.
Latency jumps from around 55 (normal for me) to 500ish, gradually drops down then spikes again. Repeats constantly (same values.

Edit: Happens on all servers EU and US
Last edited by Akaelvan on Jul 28, 2015, 1:25:26 PM
the last few days my mapping buddy has had this as well; constantly jumping between 30 and 300 ms every 5-10 seconds so it's borderline unplayable. tried all EU gateways. this evening, however, it's showing his minimum ping to all EU servers on the log in screen as anywhere between 450 and 800. what on earth is going on?
Last edited by soulpoetry on Jul 29, 2015, 1:09:09 AM
Saw that there was a small patch this AM. lag seems to be better, although now my client crashes every 2-3mins with a HNC protocol violation and the game shuts down. Gives a runtime error. Never had any problem like this before, or on any other game. Tried the "fixes" that have been reported for the runtime errors, to no avail. Ran the packcheck and no errors either. So still unplayable.
Another death at 50.

Thanks for the great servers GGG
Twenty one pages of complaints about the lag, and numerous individual posts, and still not a single response from GGG.
"
nasty69 wrote:
Twenty one pages of complaints about the lag, and numerous individual posts, and still not a single response from GGG.

That is their response. I believe around they office they say "Hey, we're putting the FU back in FUN!"
"
nasty69 wrote:

To be fair, I've been posting in here a lot.

Mostly due to the frustration of losing an 85 78 68 numerous 50+ characters.
Warbands isn't nearly as entertaining as Tempest, I've tried it.

To me, the game is meant to be played on the hardcore difficulty. Which, I enjoy the challenge and don't mind dying to the game its self. Not the issues involved in their server and traffic routing.
Same issue here, happened a lot these last few days. My normal latency is 220 more or less, sometimes it spikes to 1200.
I am also having times where server doesn't reply for a few seconds and then spikes.

Also on DC gateway, which is the one that has less ping from Argentina.
Chiming in. After spending hours trying to resolve this problem I've officially quit the game. I'll try back in a few months I guess...

Very frustrating - they released a fantastic update but now their game is unplayable. Bittersweet...
I am having the same issue trying to play on any of the US servers, using CableOne as my ISP. Any help or word from GGG would be much appreciated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info