[2.0] Molten Strike Build: Elemental Bulldozer

To go physical you'd need to invest quite a lot of points into physical damage nodes on the tree.

Here, we invest into attack speed and aura nodes and use the fact that such ele builds scale from the flat dmg coming from auras and gear combined with high attack speed to achieve a decent DPS. Sure, elemental damage on the tree would scale the DPS much further up but it is not needed and this means that we can spec more point into movement speed, attack speed and tankiness :)
"
Vadler wrote:
To go physical you'd need to invest quite a lot of points into physical damage nodes on the tree.

Here, we invest into attack speed and aura nodes and use the fact that such ele builds scale from the flat dmg coming from auras and gear combined with high attack speed to achieve a decent DPS. Sure, elemental damage on the tree would scale the DPS much further up but it is not needed and this means that we can spec more point into movement speed, attack speed and tankiness :)

Yes but from the weapon, we did nit took any % inc elemental dmg too, so why would ele flat dmg on weap provide more dps than flat phys dmg?

like do i need to look at the Edps only? or the total DPS? including Pdps?!
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Jul 25, 2015, 10:27:57 AM
I am level 84 with this build, ty so much for the build , its very funny to play.

But i made some changes in the passive tree and now i am using this chest
its amazing in this build , the chest increase alot the survivability as u can dance around the monsters using it, i spent 2000 jew to get this colours :=( and now i am trying to 6l to use the Increased critical damage gem into the blue socket. My damage atm with 5l is 29k but my items sucks. I think endgame this build will get 50k dps or more and believe with 29k i am destroying bosses and mobs with +elemental resistance cause i increased my crit dmg its 500%now, and the elemental reflect doesnt hurt cause its dodging every reflect.

This is my current gear and have alot of upgrades to make, like , quality gems, better dmg weapon, 6l chest, best rings, and i am 29k without the Anger aura cause i dont have Alpha's Howl to use it atm.

And this is the passive tree i've changed

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAAYAXgHcBS0ILg2ND6sUdRX2Fr8ZihmOI_YkiyT9JpUqCy5TMHEwfDWSN9Q6QjrhPs9DMUd-Sn1LeEz_TZJN404qUUdTu1VLVYVbr1-wYeJieWVNbWxvO2-ecFJ07XXLdwd343gNfXWDCYTFhNmHE4d2jDaNfY1-jb-XBpuNm7WcpKOKpMKmV6lur-u1SLXyu-O9Nr3mvqe_1cAawzrEospKzZjTb9N-1CPYvdrB3ajjn-dU6mLtP-2D7g7vevJF8-r22vsJ_MX-Cv6P_rr_3g==

Ty so much for the build.
Last edited by unisc on Jul 26, 2015, 2:13:22 AM
Hi, i made kinda similar build (and guide for it) for Duelist:

But i've chosen to use physical claws (not elemental) and Blood Dance boots instead of Blood Rage.

My opinion about you build:
I think you shouldnt use Blood Rage, cause you dont benefit from its Life Leech, and with Blood Dance, life regeneration is stupendous!
Also, you tell that you chosen elemental weapons because they allow you to invest more points into tankiness, but i dont see your "tankiness" really - you have just 4300 HP, same as i do. Sure, you have far more evasion, but pure evasion wont save you from oneshots, and oneshots are the only thing you and i should care about. How about spending MORE (and i mean it!) nodes into HP, instead of getting not-really-useful aura bonuses, slight AS boost, etc?

Here is a link for my build, will be glad to see yor opinion about it:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jul 26, 2015, 4:07:39 AM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Hi, i made kinda similar build (and guide for it) for Duelist:

But i've chosen to use physical claws (not elemental) and Blood Dance boots instead of Blood Rage.

My opinion about you build:
I think you shouldnt use Blood Rage, cause you dont benefit from its Life Leech, and with Blood Dance, life regeneration is stupendous!
Also, you tell that you chosen elemental weapons because they allow you to invest more points into tankiness, but i dont see your "tankiness" really - you have just 4300 HP, same as i do. Sure, you have far more evasion, but pure evasion wont save you from oneshots, and oneshots are the only thing you and i should care about. How about spending MORE (and i mean it!) nodes into HP, instead of getting not-really-useful aura bonuses, slight AS boost, etc?

Here is a link for my build, will be glad to see yor opinion about it:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

i suggest not taking the wheel to soul raker, as it is mostly for physical, (anyway iots rare to reach lvl 91) i prefer build to around 85

and its pretty much the same build xD
i dont see you taking really much more life in the tree?! only in the gear, (whhich is a good idea)

i am not sure, hwo do you still have enought mana to cast, if you didnt took the charisma node (reduced mana reserved) ??!

otherwise solid build!!

I strongly suggest dropping some node from the right to reach the templar life node too!!

also are you sure phys to light gem provides more dps than an other support gem!? , it hough we were already shocking alot with HOT+WRATH+CRIT

also why not take ballistic mastery? its 15? inc dmg, +20% inc projectile speed for 2 node

EDIT: SORRY ID DITN COMPARE TO OP, but to the guy who psoted just above you!!
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Jul 26, 2015, 9:05:55 AM
"
unisc wrote:
I am level 84 with this build, ty so much for the build , its very funny to play.

But i made some changes in the passive tree and now i am using this chest
its amazing in this build , the chest increase alot the survivability as u can dance around the monsters using it, i spent 2000 jew to get this colours :=( and now i am trying to 6l to use the Increased critical damage gem into the blue socket. My damage atm with 5l is 29k but my items sucks. I think endgame this build will get 50k dps or more and believe with 29k i am destroying bosses and mobs with +elemental resistance cause i increased my crit dmg its 500%now, and the elemental reflect doesnt hurt cause its dodging every reflect.

This is my current gear and have alot of upgrades to make, like , quality gems, better dmg weapon, 6l chest, best rings, and i am 29k without the Anger aura cause i dont have Alpha's Howl to use it atm.

And this is the passive tree i've changed

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAAYAXgHcBS0ILg2ND6sUdRX2Fr8ZihmOI_YkiyT9JpUqCy5TMHEwfDWSN9Q6QjrhPs9DMUd-Sn1LeEz_TZJN404qUUdTu1VLVYVbr1-wYeJieWVNbWxvO2-ecFJ07XXLdwd343gNfXWDCYTFhNmHE4d2jDaNfY1-jb-XBpuNm7WcpKOKpMKmV6lur-u1SLXyu-O9Nr3mvqe_1cAawzrEospKzZjTb9N-1CPYvdrB3ajjn-dU6mLtP-2D7g7vevJF8-r22vsJ_MX-Cv6P_rr_3g==

Ty so much for the build.

why dont you jus drop the bloodrage and use a geminina claw (which povide mana gain on hit) this way you will sustain your mana and free a gem slot!!!
the armor is a great beter option, but it cost currently too much for the majority of us!!
i havent tested it yet,

but i combined your 2 tree to make a better tree (i think it sonly theorycrafting)
tree:

what do you think, we still take the mana reduced we still take the ballistic mastery, we completed the templar tree node, we took 1 more frenzy charge, lost 50%inc crit chance(maybe we can drop 1 frenzy to get it back)
what do you guys think?! plz critize all the build xD i am still lvl 62 and still have time to choose the way to go xD
"
xenochaos1 wrote:

i suggest not taking the wheel to soul raker, as it is mostly for physical, (anyway iots rare to reach lvl 91) i prefer build to around 85

and its pretty much the same build xD
i dont see you taking really much more life in the tree?! only in the gear, (whhich is a good idea)

i am not sure, hwo do you still have enought mana to cast, if you didnt took the charisma node (reduced mana reserved) ??!

otherwise solid build!!

I strongly suggest dropping some node from the right to reach the templar life node too!!

also are you sure phys to light gem provides more dps than an other support gem!? , it hough we were already shocking alot with HOT+WRATH+CRIT

also why not take ballistic mastery? its 15? inc dmg, +20% inc projectile speed for 2 node

EDIT: SORRY ID DITN COMPARE TO OP, but to the guy who psoted just above you!!

The main difference between us is that i use PHYSICAL weapons, while OP uses ELEMENTAL weapons instead.
That's why i need Physical to Lightning gem, that's why i use Hatred, and that's why i took those physical damage nodes.
Another difference is that i decided to use Faster Attacks instead of GMP. I thought to improve ALL aspects of Molten Strike with my supports, and GMP improves projectiles only. I wasnt sure about its effectiveness, but i'll test it!

If i had to use Elemental weapons instead, then i freed 15 passives and invested them into huge wheel of life nodes near Scion, to get as high HP pool as possible, to compensate DPS loss. That's what i meant when saying "you need MORE life".

I use only Hatred and HoT. I have 25% unreserved mana, more than enough for several hits.

"
xenochaos1 wrote:
i havent tested it yet,

but i combined your 2 tree to make a better tree (i think it sonly theorycrafting)
tree:

what do you think, we still take the mana reduced we still take the ballistic mastery, we completed the templar tree node, we took 1 more frenzy charge, lost 50%inc crit chance(maybe we can drop 1 frenzy to get it back)
what do you guys think?! plz critize all the build xD i am still lvl 62 and still have time to choose the way to go xD

If you get enough damage with it, then your tree is almost perfect. Just remove those 2x20% crit nodes and get Jewel Socket instead. Good jewel with be MUCH better than 40% crit.
ATM, i deal impressive DPS with attacks, but i lack life pool somewhat.

You also better ask me about my build in my build's thread :).
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jul 26, 2015, 9:28:30 AM
Just an idea to u guys, i am using this flask hybrid instead of pure evasion flask cause it give me +20% physical damage reduction and prevent me from taken oneshots, and it double my evasion too.

"
unisc wrote:
Just an idea to u guys, i am using this flask hybrid instead of pure evasion flask cause it give me +20% physical damage reduction and prevent me from taken oneshots, and it double my evasion too.

i thought armor was linear? and so 20% isnt much lategame?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info