[2.0] Dual Ice Shot Totem - [HC] [Atziri] Viable - XTRA Cheap/Effective/safe - 90K+ DPS. VIDEOS !

Hi

FAQ

- So, why chin sol ?

Because of INSANE 100% more dps at close range. Combined with Point Blank, that's 200% MORE damage. It's a good DPS bow, low crit and VERY cheap (around 5-10C)

- Why Ice Shot ?

Very good base damage, AOE damage, chilled ground. With 3-4 projectiles per totem, the whole screen is chilled.

- Is the +1arrow quiver necessary? Cuz it's not quite easy to get.

Not necessary at all. Was looking for a corruption like : "10% of physical converted to lightning". Found this

- Why using that shitty quiver ?

It converts my DPS into a pure elemental one. All I need is getting the right corruption on it (10+% physical converted as fire/light/cold). Works with weapone elemental gem and Increase elemental damage from templar's passive.

- Why not using BM ? Then you shall focus on HP ? :

I'm only spending 2 points to get mana flows, and it's enough to spam totems. BM won't allow me to use hatred + herald of ashe. SHAME ! Hate BM

- Why not just selfattack ? Wtf totems ? :

To do DPS, you gotta be close from mobs. I rather send my totems than going myself ! And it allows me to get a nearly "free" 2 additional projectile.

- I don't understand ancestral bond. It says I won't do damage ? What ?

Ancestral bond doesn't say cannot do damage. It's "you can't do damage with your skill yourself"

If you use YOURSELF an attack, the attack will be performed, but no damage will be dealt.

If you throw a trap or drop a totem, your not ATTACKING yourself, the totem (or the trap) is attacking, using YOUR stats. That's different.

That's why i'm attacking MYSELF with the frenzy gem, linked to curse on hit + elem weakness. It's not about dealing damage (0 damage here), just earning frenzy and curse the enemies.

My damages are done threw traps and totems, that aren't ME (but using my bow, my stats, my charges...). That's why i'm almost immune to reflect and corrupting blood.

- What improvements ? :

A 10+% convertion from a corrupted blackgleam, to be 100% elem
A lightning Coil + Abyssus (leaving herald of ashe, going iron reflexe + grace)
An asphyxia's Wrath corrupted with 15%+ cold damage, pared with Hrimsorrow glove, to reach 100% cold damage convertion.

- How's the single target dps with ice shot ? Or do you use puncture for bosses like atziri etc, dunno if that even works with totems ? :

There is a video of a 75 Orchard map, with extra monster life. As you'll see, my single target DPS is great with Ice Shot. I'm killing Atziri with. And yeah puncture works with totems, but not with my build (damage over time is calculated with the physical damage dealt). I rather use a trap - vaal burning arrow setup.

- How to LvL up with your build ?

Get a lifespring, 3 link it, with flame totem / Faster Casting / Fire pen. You can go to 70 with that.

- How much does it cost ?

Basically, less than 20C (rain of splinters is 15C)

- And bandits choice ?

Oak (life) - Kaityn ( AS) - Kraityn (Frenzy charge)

This is my skill tree :

Spoiler

This is my Gear :

Spoiler

My links :

Spoiler
and as 6sl

My Jewels :

Spoiler

Stats, DPS... :

Spoiler
So i've got 520 str, that's a 100% increase with iron grip.

My tooltip show a 15K+ DPS with auras and charges. At close range, with chin sol and point blank, i deal 200% more damage. So 45K+ dps per arrow.

4 arrows per totem. Total of eight arrows. And they can overlap.

Got 6100 HP

My Flasks :

Spoiler

Not the best flasks ever. TASTE OF HATE is the best flask you can have

Very safe hardcore version :

Spoiler
Get a rare quiver with life, resist, weapon elem damage or flat physical that is CORRUPTED to give at least 10% elemental damage convertion. Dext is a plus. Quite easy to find, 5-10C.

Get rid of 1 support gem (physical projectile attack damage, or added fire if 6SL, and use physical to lightning instead)

Get a +1 curse ring, and use temporal chain + elem weakness. Elem/life/resist/flat physical amy corrupted +1 curse is the dream.

VIDEOS :
Spoiler

5SL vids
72 less regen

75 orchard

Apex of sacrifice
(ain't got the last part of video, due to a lack of space on my hard drive. Sadly : /)

77 extra life + zana 75

6SL vid
Poorjoy's

Nice mapping 77+ with Zana, 6 link

How to level up :

Spoiler
You can start either as a Scion, or a Templar. I found Templar easier to lvl up from far.

- Grab a +1 wand, a spell, and everything will be fine. Lifespring OP

- Fire totem is great, take one gem asap.

40 Points used

- Then switch to full totems (Totemic Mastery 1rst, Ancestral Bond 2nd, Totemic Zeal 3rd)

60 Points, totem style

Last edited by Kikoyou on Nov 9, 2015, 11:57:32 AM
Last bumped on Oct 21, 2016, 5:55:13 AM
Wow, working ranged totem build? I'll definitely try this.
It's nice, I tried it out.
How's the single target dps with ice shot ? or do you use puncture for bosses like atziri etc, dunno if that even works with totems.
Any videos?
In years to come
You hear my name
When darkness falls
On judgment day
Video added
Gonna make a video from atziri fight soon
I'm having a bit of mana problems.

My clarity is also lvl 4. I noticed you dont have any mana on your gear? or anything to help it?

My chest already has +39 mana and my mana reserved results in 63 mana and yours has more.
You probably have more int? I have 124.

Also my totems are super squishy, how do I solve this problem? Strategic placing?

On top of that, it's hard to strategically place since I'm pretty much limited to how
fast I can cast due to mana regen speed.
Last edited by BlueTank on Jul 21, 2015, 12:52:19 AM
Have you taken mana flows and mana/life regen nodes from the templar start ? If you got mana issue, take unrelenting.

For squishy totems, you need to lvl up your ranged attack totem. And ofc strategic placement is the key. By playing, you'll figure out how to place them
Apex of sacrifice on vid added !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info