| 2.0 | Crown's Cyclone Facebreaker

Currently level 70 in Warbands. I haven't found a lot of TRULY updated 2.0 builds, and want to thank Shak's for a lot of information before starting Warbands.

I have been soloing 68 and 69 maps so far and pretty much melting bosses in about 2 seconds. Most packs/mobs I run through die instantly, and my Cyclone costs pretty much nothing can just cyclone all day.

This is my first guide, not claiming to be any master and I apologize I dont have time to update more yet, but I wanted to help anyone out there looking for a passive tree set up or gear set up for a fun melee build.

Cyclone is in my opinion the most fun melee skill in the game, with high damage output, mobility to cut through mobs, and damage avoidance. Facebreaker is a relatively cheap, low level item that makes Cyclone builds by far one of the easiest and most fun melee builds in the game. This is my updated 2.0 build that I've been using.

Current stats with 5-Link + Hatred + Herald of Ash + Flame Golem:

Resists: 75/73/63.
Cyclone DPS (5L BM) 27,275.30
Phys Reduc 36%
Chance to Block 42%
Chance to Evade 17%

--------------------------
5L - Cyclone - Fortify - Melee Physical - Added Fire - Blood Magic
Ice Charge is fun to throw in there.
Shield Charge + Endurance Charge on Stun is also great.
Lightning Warp for mobility/ledge jumping most other skills don't work with unarmed.

Passive tree (level 70)

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAdwEhwSzBS0LYRQgFewaOBo-Jy8vzDGeMgkyTjWSPAU8LT38QKBGt0d-SshN41BHWGNZ818_YuxlTWebaPJsRm6qbztyD3Jscql07XZ_d-N4DXk5eu97jHzZfuB-4oNfg8yExITZhO-Mz4-ZkFWZK5stnleiAKZXqW6sqqyvrj6vbLXytoq3PrkdvTa9gb6nwBrAZsC_wYLE9sauxtjKkNNv2L3aweRR6dXvDu988B_2SPcy_gr-jxuXfLgpLonYaFjXlpRvZlQ=

The key to running so many uniques below, is the 5 jewel slots. Yes, its going to take some currency but 16% Phys, 8-10% all resist + atk speed, etc. Can't be jewels they are OP right now compared to regular slots.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Gear

All uniques working together, including the new Redblade Tramplers. The key to being able to use so many uniques and is the jewels.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jewels
#1 14% Physical Damage, 10% All Resist
#2 16% Physical Damage, 4% Attack Speed, 8% All Resist
#3 14% Physical Damage, 10% All Resist, 3% Chance to Shock,
#4 6% HP, 10% Area Damage
#5 16% Physical Damage, 13% Lightning Resist, 13 Strength

You get the point, Phys or Atk speed when shield held, Physical Damage, Area damage is all good, Jewels are OP, stack Phys + Resists you need to cap.

Will update later, giving tree/gear/jewel concept for now to help others.
Closed Beta|Open Beta|Release|League Only
Last edited by CrownOfThorns on Jul 18, 2015, 11:21:43 AM
Reserved
STAHP. Jeezus. How many cyclone builds, all with the same tree and same gear, do we need on Duelist forums?

Is your build ANY different from the other cyclone builds all on the front page here?
Last edited by Wishuponastar on Jul 18, 2015, 3:26:17 PM
Facebreaker builds ...we are famous now :D
It's funny how some of us have run fb guides for years now... yet fb builds were semi popular... and now even though nothing's really changed for fb for some reason it is the new fotm.
I'm a bit scared btw because we all know what happens to fotm builds :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
Wishuponastar wrote:
STAHP. Jeezus. How many cyclone builds, all with the same tree and same gear, do we need on Duelist forums?

Is your build ANY different from the other cyclone builds all on the front page here?

Isn't that your problem to figure out ? The number one cyclone build on this forum didn't even have a 2.0 passive tree out for start of league. My boots are new uniques I bet half the other cyclone builds aren't using and jewels just came out. Considering I came up with a bit of it myself boots. Jewels and about 20% of the passive tree I think not. Regardless don't like it? Quit viewing them.
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Facebreaker builds ...we are famous now :D
It's funny how some of us have run fb guides for years now... yet fb builds were semi popular... and now even though nothing's really changed for fb for some reason it is the new fotm.
I'm a bit scared btw because we all know what happens to fotm builds :)

It's because w all the damage increases its by far the best melee option out there. It's also way cheaper to hit 20k dps or more on it then about any other melee build. Imo.
Well what is strange to me is that this was the case before 2.0 too... i guess people won't even try a build if it's not popular. And just for the record there plenty of fb updated builds here... mine included from day 1 of the awakening btw.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Listen. Here's some advice for you: you need to think about what sets your build apart. Why should someone use your build vs. the 400 other Facebreaker cyclone builds?

HUH?

What sets you apart? Why is your build special?

ANYONE can copy-paste other builds. So if your build is nothing special why would I even click on it, yet alone use it?

If you are telling me the only thing different from your build is you use some damage shoes instead of rares.... well....

So here's what you do cupcacke: you can either heed my advice and revamp your build to something unique, add vids, more explanations, diagrams, item costs, leveling guide, gameplay tips, map guides, etc.

Or you can just remain angry and do nothing - I guarantee it your guide will die at max 3 pages.
"
CrownOfThorns wrote:

The number one cyclone build on this forum didn't even have a 2.0 passive tree out for start of league.

KorgothBG and my build were the most popular FB builds previous patches and both were updated accordingly right as or before the patch hit, in Korgoths case he had an ongoing theorycrafting discussion on his thread weeks before the patch as well, so not sure where you're getting that from.

Last edited by ShakkaFL on Jul 20, 2015, 5:44:06 PM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Well what is strange to me is that this was the case before 2.0 too... i guess people won't even try a build if it's not popular. And just for the record there plenty of fb updated builds here... mine included from day 1 of the awakening btw.

Why would you even try new builds in PoE? Is the Tree reset free? Is the Bandit reset free? Can you sell all your gear in some minutes and get new gear to test the build? Can you lvl up a character fast for testing? Nope, nope, nope and nope. So why bother wasting huge amounts of time and currency when you can just look up what's viable.
Last edited by eXecut1on on Jul 21, 2015, 9:59:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info