[2.4 Video Guide] Doomfletch Tornado Shot, Blast Rain Raider [HC/SC]

Hi Lifting

I just wanted to say thanks for this guide and your video guides. I'm new to POE and your videos and guides have keep my sane whilst I stumble around learning how to correctly gear my character and how to chain skill gems together (and of course, the very simple noob friendly passive tree).

I am working through my first proper build as a Ranger following this guide, I am playing self found as I'm not really across the trading side of things yet. I am level 75+ now (yay!) and had a Drillneck and Death's Harp' drop for me which I'm still using as I'm yet to find a good Harbinger (been reading through Neversink's guide but found your build a bit more noob friendly).

Given I have a Drillneck I've picked up the pierce nodes in the tree to try and maximise it's benefits. I was wondering what 5-link you would advise for this setup as it's sort of a derivative from your build, or whether I should just ignore the Drillneck completely, refund those passives and play with a rare quiver (I do like the pierce tho).

Currently I'm running: TS-GMP-FA-PPAD-Pierce. But if I have to be honest, even at level 75+ I'm still not 100% sure what I'm doing as Neversink's skill gems are different to your (he uses PTL-WED).

Any help whatsoever would be much appreciated, but even if you don't get around to answering this I just wanted to say thanks for all your guides and helping a very confused noob make some sense of POE's rather steep learning curve (well, compared to say D3!).
Last edited by jermslio on Jul 27, 2016, 12:58:50 AM
Thank you Jermslio, if you still need help send me a private message. I am probably a little late, sorry! :)

For anyone wondering, this build will be updated together with 2.4 :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Hello

can u tell me how do u charge the frenzy charge?
If I were playing this SSF in HC, is there a replacement for the CWDT immortal call defense I could use?

Also, thanks for the guide and keep up the great work! All of your guides are awesome and I really appreciate them :D
Do you think the Tornado Shot + Blast Rain combo is stronger than Lightning Arrow + Blast Rain or Kinetic Blast for farming T15+ bosses?
IGN: _Treble || Path__Finder || Richest_Mule_NA || PM me if I am offline
My Items Shop:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/268002
Hi, the build is working very well (level 89 atm), but I was just wondering if Physical to Lightning would at some point in the game be better than Added Fire (link with Tornado Shot)? Has anyone tested it and can give some feedback?
So with the 2.4 patch notes being out, are there any reason that this build would not be that good in the next league?
Build updated for 2.4

Changes:
- The build now uses a Doomfletch's Prism and scales flat physical damage on the quiver, rings and amulets. This grants us a ton of damage with little cost.

- The build now uses Vaal Pact to deal with reflect (I do not recommend doing elemental reflect maps!)

- I now recommend a Kintsugi over Lightning Coil. It works almost as good and makes gearing much easier.

Best of luck! :)
Still viable yes =)
nice build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type