Hellcat5's Not so Ugly Loot Filters for Patch 2.6 - Revised 03/03/2017 - LEGACY LEAGUE

"
kompaniet wrote:
Hello Richard! I have been using your gearhunter edition. I love the big size of portal/id scrolls transmutes and other common stuff. Makes it so easy to pick them up. Great!

I found a mistake in the first post under Item Filter Color Code. It says chance recipe - red but the chance recipe items seem to be light blue or cyan not sure what the actual colour is called but you know this better than me. Not red atleast.

I see I need to refine the text to be clearer. :) Sorry about that.

Chance vendor recipe is full house of rare gear under itemLevel 60. It's similar to the chaos vendor recipe, and regal vendor recipe. This vendor recipe gives you chance orbs. I'll rewrite all of those with more detail today.

Cyan / turquoise is for endgame unique item chancing, which is different from the chance vendor recipe. This is trying to get a nice endgame unique item from a chance orb.

"
kompaniet wrote:
Thanks for a nice filter. I plan to use your standard edition filter too. That one is preferred when leveling yes?

Yes. If you've got any suggestions while using it, please let me know. I use standard up until mapping, then switch to gear hunter until around t9 or 10, but you can use speed leveling anytime you want to focus on leveling fast, with only value drops showing up.

"
kompaniet wrote:
The speed leveling version doesn't hide blue items? There was a lot of those visible on an excavation map i tested it on. The standard and gearhunter versions hide those items. Is it intended?

UPDATED: I left the crafting base code in that I meant to remove. It's fixed and I'll have that updated here in a few minutes after some more testing.

Since I consolidated my filter threads into one, I know I need to refine the overall text to be clearer. I'll also create a spreadsheet that shows the difference between the different filters and post that to github also. I'll work on getting that updated today!
YOUTUBE - http://www.youtube.com/richardbmiller2
TWITCH - http://www.twitch.tv/hellcat5gaming
Last edited by Hellcat5 on Jul 21, 2016, 3:48:03 AM
I like that you have Animate Weapon edition. Did you considered new option about Identified / Not identified items btw?

Do you have Uniques tier list? I would be so flicking happy to see loot filter that actually makes difference between not only exalt tier items and everything else, but actually does some work and makes difference between range of Unique items - like between 2 alterations, 3 chaos and 25 chaos worth uniques items. :( It's so annoying to hear that promising sound and get...Gorebreaker! Sidhebreath! Careful Planning! Hurray! Wait, no. I am not exactly glad to see them just to vendor them or put into Guild's stash at best. Do it, please! :3

I don't exactly like this colours. I love bright ones for Currency. Also prefer to hide a lot of stuff, even when levelling.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Jul 21, 2016, 2:14:41 AM
I really liked the colours but i wasn't too fond of the dropsounds of rgb items. I prefer to have drop sounds only for more valuable orbs like alch/fusings and up but to each their own.

SunL4d2 does not like the colours while it's the other way around for me. It's hard to please everyone.

I will keep using this filter, see how i fare and report back here later.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jul 21, 2016, 1:08:54 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:
I really liked the colours but i wasn't too fond of the dropsounds of rgb items. I prefer to have drop sounds only for more valuable orbs like alch/fusings and up but to each their own.

- I removed the drop sounds for RGB items. I've also divided the mid tier into two:

- tier 3: chaos - regal - vaal - chisel - gemcutter's prism - blessed using sound 3

- tier 4: "Orb of Fusing" "Chromatic Orb" "Orb of Regret" "Orb of Scouring" "Orb of Chance" "Orb of Alchemy" using sound 6

- I changed quality gem drops to match that of the gemcutter sound (sound 3)

"
SunL4D2 wrote:

I like that you have Animate Weapon edition. Did you considered new option about Identified / Not identified items btw?

- I have added in Identified and I've created tiered visual for that, with the identified items having tier 1, while the unidentified have tier 2

I've uploaded the revisions to github for you. :)

I'm working on tiering divination cards, and should be done later tonight with that.

Regarding tiering uniques:
With the current filter features available, it's not possible to clearly tier them. Example:

Voll's Devotion - Agate Amulet
Shaper's Seed - Agate Amulet
Extractor Mentis - Agate Amulet

Since all of these are BaseType Agate Amulet, I can't separate the good Agate from the bad. I will, however, create the tiers as best I can, going with the assumption that it's better to have these narrowed down. After I finish, I'll upload those updates too.

SunL4D2 - If you download the speadsheet and modify the colors how you want, then get that to me, I'll make you an alternate color version for you. Also, if you let me know what you want hidden for your leveling purposes, I'm happy to make those modifications also for you. :)

side note: I added "Stacked Deck" to the exalted tier in case someone happens to drop one on the ground for you. Otherwise, you can only get it from the "Lucky Deck" cards.
Last edited by Hellcat5 on Jul 21, 2016, 10:17:24 PM
Hellcat5, you are working on tiering Divination Cards? I hope you don't do work from scratch and just check whether Neversink's or someone's tier is still viable (checking actual prices on poe.trade). You are doing it for Prophecy or Standard?

About tiering Uniques. There is solution - most of items have different droplevel. Like in your example - there is 4 unique Agate Amulets. There is 2 amulets with same droplevel though, but considering that there is hardly any chance that someone will ever drop 20 ex item in front of you, all of them can be tiered. It's just a matter of time and work. Nobody just wants to bother and I perfectly understand that. It's perfectly doable, it would just take too much guts to handle for most people.

P.S. As person who trades a lot, I can assure you - Orb of Regret is more valuable than Chaos, Regal, GCP and Vaal in PSC. It is decent Chaos-tier currency.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Jul 22, 2016, 12:24:37 AM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Hellcat5, you are working on tiering Divination Cards? I hope you don't do work from scratch and just check whether Neversink's or someone's tier is still viable (checking actual prices on poe.trade). You are doing it for Prophecy or Standard?

About tiering Uniques. There is solution - most of items have different droplevel. Like in your example - there is 4 unique Agate Amulets. There is 2 amulets with same droplevel though, but considering that there is hardly any chance that someone will ever drop 20 ex item in front of you, all of them can be tiered. It's just a matter of time and work. Nobody just wants to bother and I perfectly understand that. It's perfectly doable, it would just take too much guts to handle for most people.

I've completed setting up tiers for uniques with 5 total tiers:

tier 1 for things commonly over 2ex

tier 2 for things commonly around 1 to 2 ex

tier 3 for things commonly around 10 chaos to 1 ex

tier 4 for fated prophecy uniques

tier 5 for all the other stuff that doesn't have much value
-----------------------------------
The unique tiering is uploaded now. It's not perfect due to filter scripting limitations, but I spent hours researching prices for all uniques to see if they qualify (except past league specific uniques because they don't drop).

From my testing of DropLevel using the testing template (test_droplevel_items.filter), DropLevel operates from item BaseType, and not individual items. Thus, it makes it impossible to setup a more refined unique tiering filter script. I've uploaded the testing template into the "filter_mechanics_tests" repository if anyone wants to test it themselves. I'd love for someone to prove me wrong on this because I'd love to make the filter more precise regarding unique tiering.

Regarding div cards - I prefer to research each card myself so I can get a better understanding of what filter providers have gone through to provide that functionality in their filters. I can use other people's filters as a checksum to my work.
Last edited by Hellcat5 on Jul 22, 2016, 3:06:44 AM
Wow! You really did it? O_o If you did it properly - this loot filter should be Godly, far above anything else at this moment. Let's check this out.
Can I actually try it? Please, give link and tell me what i should open. Can't find it. Checked Standard and Gear hunter - there is nothing.
You should create filter versions. It would be easier for us to know if we are already using the latest version.
To SunL4D2 and kompaniet -

I'm sorry I uploaded to github last night, but forgot to create the release because I fell asleep in my chair. If you go to:

https://github.com/hellcat5

You'll see my repositories.

click on the repository for the filter you want.
about mid-page, slightly over to the right you'll find "x releases". click that to go to the releases page. From there, you can find the latest version, and read the notes to see if it matches up with what we talked about for modifications.

I also updated the filter feature comparison. That will download for you to look at too. if you prefer to grab them as a pack, I can set that up also in a new repository.

My task for the day is to get div cards done, after doing my daily process of the Visual Filter List.

UPDATE: All filter versions contain Div card and Unique tiering now. get version 2.3.2.3 I will always subversion using path of exile's most recent patch. Since I'm at 2.3.2.3 you can see I've made 3 updates since 2.3.2 was released.

I've added in:

1. div cards over 1ex

2. div cards between 20c and 1ex

3. div cards between 10c and 20c

4. everything else

If you want me to create a custom colored version for you, I set it up to be easy. Grab the spreadsheet that comes with each filter, and chance the cell backgrounds to the colors you want, then upload it to mega.nz and give me the link. I'll have your custom edition to you within 24 hours at most.
Last edited by Hellcat5 on Jul 23, 2016, 3:24:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info