Desert and Pit Map

The pit boss is easy with a minion. Shift+click inside the arena without entering it and you can lure him out without the arena getting closed off and the add spamming starting.

As a phase acro/evade glass cannon I can't do the mobs though, spawn too many and I don't have great aoe.

Oh well.

What I wonder though is how in Abaxoth's name did they decide that the balance of those two bosses is appropriate for a 68 map. For somebody who would start mapping those bosses most likely will be their deaths while all other 68 map bosses are extremely easy. 69 and 70 too mostly.

I just can't understand sometimes GGG balance thought processes in making some stuff extremely hard in comparison to other things.
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
Nasreth wrote:
Pit boss is an AOE check. If you can't quickly clear the adds he summons then you're just going to die. If you don't have the AOE to beat him then your build will suffer in higher maps anyways, so it's a good thing to have.

Desert boss is just time consuming. Extremely easy to dodge his crap but his health is way too high and needs to be tuned.

desert boss? extremely easy to dodge? are we playing the same game here because i would argue the complete opposite. extremely hard to dodge all projectiles but his life is fine.

last time with my summoner he must have created 10 doppelgangers simultaneously each shooting piercing projectiles.

or is there something in the fight i am doing wrong? like the more doppelgangers you attack the more he creates? it's a bit chaotic with a summoner :)

He only shoots directly in the direction he is pointed. So just walk around him so that he's not pointing at you and he won't hit you.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
i actually attempted pit map for first time off a rare map i was converting all the pit maps to next level because that boss is rated as very tough. but i have to say while i had a few close calls cause i had no experience with the fight and obviously the map was modded to be tougher, i did not find him to be that bad. i thought the mobs were never gonna stop spawning, it felt that way for a few minutes and then they were all gone, and once he is alone he is basically harmless. oddly enough as i ran around trying not to die to the massive spawning of the mobs in the arena he never engaged me. i wonder if it is an intended mechanic or i just got lucky with my minion helpers and my golem.

i would certainly try to lure him out though if that is doable cause then that fight is total cake.

now the desert boss.... i did once. and after it was all over i went and converted every single desert map and never even thought about doing that map again.

my other absolute no-no is the dungeon boss. i cannot see anything in that room, the visibility is awful, i am sure that is intentional, but his attack that i cannot see coming, the one with massive range either one shots me or nearly one shots me and then crap from floor or spikes in floor finish me off. that guy is totally not worth it for me.

lvl 69 maps though a breeze: wharf map - breeze, ledge - freakin awesome; sewers - its a slow pirate....... arcade bosses don't deal any damage but that level layout just sucks. i so far have found lvl 69 maps are easier than 68s

Shitysushi - Arrow shooting build.
Sendeliriante - hollow palmer
"
Serika wrote:

I just can't understand sometimes GGG balance thought processes in making some stuff extremely hard in comparison to other things.

You did not know?...
Balance Team was fired two weeks before being started development of Act 4 for doing a lousy job in the past. Reason why they left everything in the hands of Beta Testers. The problem is that Beta Testers did not know of balance...
There are rumors that they would be trying to rehire the dismissed to return to do his things next year in Act 5, and obviously try to fix several flaws in new maps and Act 4...

Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Oh brother... exiles and their this-check and that-check.

Pit boss is a brain check. Lure him out of the arena, don't stand in the narrow passage, have at it.

Desert boss is a patience check. Zoom in, slap him a couple of times, zoom out, wait for clones to despawn. Repeat ad nauseam.

This says a thing or two about GGG's creativity lately.
http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/03/grinding-gears-wilson-talks-f2p-ethics-in-path-of-exile/

"WE'VE BEEN CAREFUL WHEN DESIGNING THE GAME SO THERE'S NO PAYING FOR GAME CONTENT OR ADVANTAGE IN THE GAME", he explained. "WE'VE PURPOSEFULLY DIVORCED ANY GAME MECHANICS FROM THE MONETIZATION."
"
Nasreth wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
Nasreth wrote:
Pit boss is an AOE check. If you can't quickly clear the adds he summons then you're just going to die. If you don't have the AOE to beat him then your build will suffer in higher maps anyways, so it's a good thing to have.

Desert boss is just time consuming. Extremely easy to dodge his crap but his health is way too high and needs to be tuned.

desert boss? extremely easy to dodge? are we playing the same game here because i would argue the complete opposite. extremely hard to dodge all projectiles but his life is fine.

last time with my summoner he must have created 10 doppelgangers simultaneously each shooting piercing projectiles.

or is there something in the fight i am doing wrong? like the more doppelgangers you attack the more he creates? it's a bit chaotic with a summoner :)

He only shoots directly in the direction he is pointed. So just walk around him so that he's not pointing at you and he won't hit you.

that's of great help. never noticed that. thanks!
"
Nasreth wrote:
"
raics wrote:
"
Nasreth wrote:

They just picked the worst possible monster, the riverways miniboss also uses clones, but it's more evident which one is he because of following:
- he moves a lot more
- he uses more skills, barrage, throws traps...
- spawns less clones

It's a design fail, we're supposed to observe it and identify the correct one, however there are too few clues and he creates clones too often so this fight also is pretty much an AoE check.

I think for the Desert boss it doesn't matter which clone you hit because he takes damage no matter what. The health just gets divided evenly between them all like some sort of health link so every time you hit him he takes reduced damage by the number of clones he has out, and it gets ridiculous after a bit since they spread out so much that you can never really hit more than 3 at a time.

ive noticed this as well, just hit the things closest to you and it dies eventually XD.
Hey...is this thing on?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info