Desert and Pit Map

Conversion trap, rain of arrows or ts totem. Is what I would try.... gl
It is an aoe dps check. It will be tricky with split unless you are rocking decent dps and a lot of pierce. Or be tanky enough to tank the swarms.
Pit boss is an AOE check. If you can't quickly clear the adds he summons then you're just going to die. If you don't have the AOE to beat him then your build will suffer in higher maps anyways, so it's a good thing to have.

Desert boss is just time consuming. Extremely easy to dodge his crap but his health is way too high and needs to be tuned.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
"
Nasreth wrote:
Desert boss is just time consuming. Extremely easy to dodge his crap but his health is way too high and needs to be tuned.

They just picked the worst possible monster, the riverways miniboss also uses clones, but it's more evident which one is he because of following:
- he moves a lot more
- he uses more skills, barrage, throws traps...
- spawns less clones

It's a design fail, we're supposed to observe it and identify the correct one, however there are too few clues and he creates clones too often so this fight also is pretty much an AoE check.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jul 31, 2015, 1:24:52 PM
"
raics wrote:
"
Nasreth wrote:

They just picked the worst possible monster, the riverways miniboss also uses clones, but it's more evident which one is he because of following:
- he moves a lot more
- he uses more skills, barrage, throws traps...
- spawns less clones

It's a design fail, we're supposed to observe it and identify the correct one, however there are too few clues and he creates clones too often so this fight also is pretty much an AoE check.

I think for the Desert boss it doesn't matter which clone you hit because he takes damage no matter what. The health just gets divided evenly between them all like some sort of health link so every time you hit him he takes reduced damage by the number of clones he has out, and it gets ridiculous after a bit since they spread out so much that you can never really hit more than 3 at a time.
I didn't have a problem with Pit boss, although I am a Pillar of the Caged God Ice Crash Duelist.. I also had Beyond mod on the map so the final boss fight had a beyond unique too. Not the best idea..

I can confirm I got wrekt by the Desret Boss though the first time.
IGN: EmptyPalms
"
Nasreth wrote:
I think for the Desert boss it doesn't matter which clone you hit because he takes damage no matter what. The health just gets divided evenly between them all like some sort of health link so every time you hit him he takes reduced damage by the number of clones he has out, and it gets ridiculous after a bit since they spread out so much that you can never really hit more than 3 at a time.

That would be one funny clone skill.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
Nasreth wrote:

That would be one funny clone skill.

Indeed it would be. But it either works like that, or I'm extraordinarily good at guessing which one is the real one.
"
Nasreth wrote:

This ^

Beat him today with 2h Sword Eva+Acro Duelist - it took me maybe 10 minutes, didnt bother to try to guess which is the "real" one. After I used all my flask charges and because my life-leech sucks, I had to heal myself by spamming Enduring Cry while running around like a chicken, trying not to get hit.
"
Nasreth wrote:
Pit boss is an AOE check. If you can't quickly clear the adds he summons then you're just going to die. If you don't have the AOE to beat him then your build will suffer in higher maps anyways, so it's a good thing to have.

desert boss? extremely easy to dodge? are we playing the same game here because i would argue the complete opposite. extremely hard to dodge all projectiles but his life is fine.

last time with my summoner he must have created 10 doppelgangers simultaneously each shooting piercing projectiles.

or is there something in the fight i am doing wrong? like the more doppelgangers you attack the more he creates? it's a bit chaotic with a summoner :)
Last edited by kompaniet on Jul 31, 2015, 3:10:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info