Desert and Pit Map

Play first map Pit.
Get rekt by boss two times, realize i cant engage the boss anymore (only 2 gates).
Try Desert map.
Get to Boss, get rekt.

Im really wondering why i would ever use my money to buy stuff from GGG with the mess that Act 4 in general (story, length, development time) and then they still **** up map bosses so badly like its invasion all over again.
I dont get, is there actually anyone responsible for balancing new content ?!
This will probably get modded but... play better, seriously play better and stop whining. Kay
Havent done pit boss, but heard it could be bad. Did the Desert boss a couple of times and it was definitely not a problem. But then again I didnt get hit a lot.
The only problem with the Desert boss is it has way too much hp. Pit boss is a clusterfuck but is totally doable.
Pit boss is more a system check than gear check tbh. As for desert he's a pain in the ass. He's killable like but has some serious dmg output they do both feel like they should be a level higher in terms of map level. I'd rather just run Voll repeatedly or tropical island than bother with either. I have more luck with voll than anything he drops pretty well for me.
On my first live play through of 2.0, I went right to maps and cleared both these maps with self found gear in tempest. The bosses were a little tricky but not over tuned. Just pointing out that you should probably be asking for help with what you are doing wrong rather than bitching at GGG.
You can still get in the pit after the doors close. There is a gate to enter the arena but you won't see it unless everything is displayed (like holding alt to see chests.)

Depending on your build, it can definitely be a death trap.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
I really enjoy the pit boss. Easily my favorite map right now.

Desert boss can go die in a fire. Or desert. Or burning desert.
Added fun can be had by running a twin desert map.
"
necrochicken wrote:
Pit boss is more a system check than gear check tbh. As for desert he's a pain in the ass. He's killable like but has some serious dmg output they do both feel like they should be a level higher in terms of map level. I'd rather just run Voll repeatedly or tropical island than bother with either. I have more luck with voll than anything he drops pretty well for me.

pit boss only a level higher? he is harder than most 76 map bosses with a level 90 charachter.

pit boss = jungle valley boss. hard for ci builds or eb builds.
desert boss = new version of the old orchard 66 boss. made a little harder too hehe.

RagnarokX: you picked both two hardest 68 maps to start with.
hehe

just wanted to make a post and asking for tips on the pit boss...

i´m a lvl 73 ranger, first timer in maps.

i am surrounded by mobs... even if i blink away there are so many mobs...

my split arrow is normaly doing well but in there... can´t kill fast enough...

so any tips for a ranger on the pit boss?

i skiped him now 2 times...
Last edited by Cador2 on Jul 31, 2015, 10:42:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info