Thornflesh Mobs?

"
Exialis wrote:
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
"
Orbitalx wrote:
Why is there still a group of blue mobs in the game that give a ton of reflect damage? The game is really fun and going smooth and then you hit a pack of these and just insta kill yourself? Is there a way to get enough leech to be able to kill these?

What does this tornflesh mod do? I think I've not yet died to them, so I'll have to prepare for them...

Thornflesh - Reflects damage taken.

Notes : Bloodline mod, only appears on blues. Has a distinctive art for it. Recommend you approach slowly to decide whether to :

1) Kill pack.
2) Avoid pack.

Whenever your damage changes, you must redo this evaluation.

What % of damage? Elemental or Physical? Can I use Enfeeble + my evasion to defend against it?
But why do you have to build special for one blue pack in the entire game? If I shoot my split arrow and it crits a little off screen I can die without even seeing these guys.
im pretty sure its both physical and elemental actually. i don't do any physical damage, and i shot into that pack (assuming it was only physical reflect) and i almost 1 shot myself. im super lucky it didn't crit. upon that i'd say its probably around 8% physical AND 8% elemental reflect for their mod....just a guess.

your best bet is to always have a super weak skill on hand that is ideally 50/50 physical/elemental to deal with ANY reflect. so like ice shot/gmp if you're ranged, or like molten strike/gmp if you're melee. that way you won't do a ton of dmg but can chunk just that one group down slowly
Is that a new addition? No mention of it on the wiki under Bloodline mods.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Yesterday I 1 shotted myself on a pack of these, I had 6k hitpoints and boom 1 crit I was dead not knowing what happend. I even had to look it up on the wiki because theres no mention of "reflect magic damage" when hovering your mouse over them.

I'm not sure how I can counter this, my resists are maxed and the map had no elemental vulnerabilities. All I can think of is lowering my damage which seems ridiculous.
IGN: Lazica
"
Exhume02 wrote:
Yesterday I 1 shotted myself on a pack of these, I had 6k hitpoints and boom 1 crit I was dead not knowing what happend. I even had to look it up on the wiki because theres no mention of "reflect magic damage" when hovering your mouse over them.

I'm not sure how I can counter this, my resists are maxed and the map had no elemental vulnerabilities. All I can think of is lowering my damage which seems ridiculous.

It's a pain in the ass, but what worked for my Wander was going Vaal Pact, getting an extra 2% leech, dropping my GMP DPS from 60k down to 50k, and using Purity of Lightning for increased max-resists(Since about 75% of my damage is Lightning Damage).

But yeah, dealing with reflect is a lot harder than it used to be.
"
"
Exhume02 wrote:

It's a pain in the ass, but what worked for my Wander was going Vaal Pact, getting an extra 2% leech, dropping my GMP DPS from 60k down to 50k, and using Purity of Lightning for increased max-resists(Since about 75% of my damage is Lightning Damage).

But yeah, dealing with reflect is a lot harder than it used to be.

The thing is it is only harder for this one dumb blue pack. If they didn't exist, reflect in this game would be almost non-existent and that would be amazing. It is a crappy mechanic anyways. I think the game is so much more fun without it.

Thanks for removing this pack from the game. Now we won't have to build our characters around this one blue pack.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info