Race rewards are GARBAGE

The items with 2D art are just bad, seriously those items are so fucking dumpster (ungils is garbage, the other amulet not so bad I guess)...

The art is cool for the two-stone and emberwake (debatable for emberwake; nice, but worth 1000 points? LOL, more like a 250 point reward), the amulets look like crap (in terms of art)... and we get a SHIT 2H sword that looks like it got ZERO effort whatsoever put into it... seriously who drew that lmao it looks like a white base 2H sword, the original looks a thousand times better...

But thats fine. Well its not, but the REAL meat is the 500 point rewards.. right? I read rathpith globe... I get excited.. and then what the fuck is that... it looks like a taser... how is that supposed to be a shield? Its like something you would use for fisting...

And now with leap slam nerf and bows were shit already (not to mention the crafting recipe nerf with whetstone + rustic) everyone is going to be using fire trap + some other low level spell (rip tendrils)... melee/weapon based racing is going to be a joke.. nice meta..

/rant over

Last edited by CabooseDog on Jul 17, 2015, 12:43:00 PM
GGG: problem?
Whats different on the recipe

Now tell me just by looking which would you expect to be the alt art? The fact that the sword is garbage AND the art is garbage and low effort makes me really disappointed..

Having maligaro's gloves at 100 points last season encouraged ALOT of my friends to attend races (not saying last seasons rewards were good, but having something gg [good gloves + nice art] made alot of them try their hands at racing). This seasons rewards will discourage even veterans from trying it..
Last edited by CabooseDog on Jul 17, 2015, 12:29:23 PM
"
terrex wrote:
Whats different on the recipe

It got nerfed of course.

Edit:
"Magic (Blue) the "Heavy" mod (20-49%) and rare (Yellow) the "Serrated" mod (50-69%)."

Recall a rare sash used to give like 65-84% IPD or something similar to that, now the vendor recipe is just shit. I mean how do they expect duelist/marauder/ranger racing to be...
Last edited by CabooseDog on Jul 17, 2015, 12:37:29 PM
stock claymore image ftw
"
boof wrote:
stock claymore image ftw

to be fair the resolution on the last one is a tad lower compared to the first two, printscreen + paint doesn't get you very far, but if that is the new standard for "alt art" I think I'm done with racing lol
"
CabooseDog wrote:
I think I'm done with racing lol

Let me ask you something, what rewards would you put at each point threshold if you were designing the season? The rewards can't be all GG items as the low tier rewards are very easy for anyone to get, especially with the boss kill races being very generous with points now. The GG item could come at 1000 points as very few people actually reach that many points, which GGG did with Taste of Hate and some other items in the past.

The only rewards this season I don't like are the Ungil's Harmony as that item is pretty bad (but is okay as it's the lowest tier) and the Edge of Madness only because the normal art for that item looks A LOT better. To me, the best item should come at 500 points like it has the last couple seasons and have good art on a decent item, doesn't have to be a GG item.
"
"
CabooseDog wrote:

Let me ask you something, what rewards would you put at each point threshold if you were designing the season? The rewards can't be all GG items as the low tier rewards are very easy for anyone to get, especially with the boss kill races being very generous with points now. The GG item could come at 1000 points as very few people actually reach that many points, which GGG did with Taste of Hate and some other items in the past.

The only rewards this season I don't like are the Ungil's Harmony as that item is pretty bad (but is okay as it's the lowest tier) and the Edge of Madness only because the normal art for that item looks A LOT better. To me, the best item should come at 500 points like it has the last couple seasons and have good art on a decent item, doesn't have to be a GG item.

I would put at least useful uniques, like aureseize gloves for example (rare? not at all, but people actually use that shit), or instead of edge of madness maybe rigvalds charge (which is much more useful) or an equivalent 2 hander...

Then I'd put some EFFORT into designing the art (take a good look at rathpith and you can't honestly tell me it doesn't look terrible - compare that to binos, alphas, or even bor? Those had sick art...)

For 1000 pt reward I fundamentally disagree with their philosophy of putting only 2d art items in that slot, I mean its the slot you work hardest for and then you get an amulet, ring, flask, or belt.. at least if you aren't going to give 1000 pt reward 3D art make it at least a T2 unique or something... like volls devotion was nice, headhunter was fair (maybe even too good), etc, things that would go for 10+ ex. Don't put garbage like warped timepiece like in last season (and I don't expect this ring to be anything but a niche item).

Also about me being done with racing, that was if the alt arts continue to be shitty, don't take that out of context (and I won't actually quit ofc, just facetious hyperbole).
Last edited by CabooseDog on Jul 17, 2015, 5:52:10 PM
"
CabooseDog wrote:
"
"
CabooseDog wrote:

I would put at least useful uniques, like aureseize gloves for example (rare? not at all, but people actually use that shit), or instead of edge of madness maybe rigvalds charge (which is much more useful) or an equivalent 2 hander...

Then I'd put some EFFORT into designing the art (take a good look at rathpith and you can't honestly tell me it doesn't look terrible - compare that to binos, alphas, or even bor? Those had sick art...)

For 1000 pt reward I fundamentally disagree with their philosophy of putting only 2d art items in that slot, I mean its the slot you work hardest for and then you get an amulet, ring, flask, or belt.. at least if you aren't going to give 1000 pt reward 3D art make it at least a T2 unique or something... like volls devotion was nice, headhunter was fair (maybe even too good), etc, things that would go for 10+ ex. Don't put garbage like warped timepiece like in last season (and I don't expect this ring to be anything but a niche item).

Also about me being done with racing, that was if the alt arts continue to be shitty, don't take that out of context (and I won't actually quit ofc, just facetious hyperbole).

i can let you in on secret, rewards will only keep getting worse like they have for many seasons already

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info