[2.0][Videos] "The Gladiator" // 1h-Shield Duelist // [Beginner-Highend]

"
claydbp wrote:
Thanks RacK i will get RT when i get to 61 too ^^

do that you can switch to RT earlier depending on your progression.
I would recommend using por.trade for 1-2c weapona round level 50 to increase the dmg output.

----------------------------

Did merciless deathles until Dominus first form. Other unique bosses havent been a problem!

mb i can reach mapping in the past few days... then we will see if the build is viable... :)
but i have no doubt clearing 68 maps :)
this is a shield build, why dont you take increased shield defnces on skill tree?

with those taken you could get +300% shield defense
"
dzidek1983 wrote:
this is a shield build, why dont you take increased shield defnces on skill tree?

with those taken you could get +300% shield defense

this is the current stats on my planned tree:
275% increased Defences from equipped Shield
+12% Elemental Resistances while holding a Shield

i could raise it to:
355% increased Defences from equipped Shield
+12% Elemental Resistances while holding a Shield

thats true but i planned with 110 points and those 2 point give me general more armor or dmg...
im not at 110 yet but so far the build works pretty well actually...
this is my version of your build Planned with RT - No specific Weapon

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAecEhwUtBTwGOQkzC2EMXwz3FCAVIBXsGNcZtBo-GlUblyFgKCopLimlLYMvzDGeMk426DrhPC09Dz38QKBGt0d-SHhNRlBHUWBTpVWpWGNeE18_YSFhUmLsZU1nm2jyagFyqXTtdPF5OXrvfLh82X7iggeDX4PMhNmE74rwi0-Mz4-Zl3mXtJ7NogCmV6cwqZWsr64-r2yvp7aKtz65Hb02vqfAv8GCxPbFU8auxtjKkNE20iHTb9i92Xzawdwy4izkUelG6dXvDu9O8B_yQfJF8wb2SPcy-6r-Cg==

there are some minor differences

i get a bit more str but less dex and int

i get 10% less life but over 30# more armor and 20% more life from flasks
i get over 100% more armor from shield

dmg is the same

i get 1% more chance to block but have 1 less jewel slot

if you would take bloodmagic from the tree and not from gems then you could take the surrounding HP nodes for even more HP then on your build

but this would prevent using the auras so its not the best oof ideas

Last edited by dzidek1983 on Jul 29, 2015, 5:03:20 PM
"
dzidek1983 wrote:
this is my version of your build Planned with RT - No specific Weapon

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAecEhwUtBTwGOQkzC2EMXwz3FCAVIBXsGNcZtBo-GlUblyFgKCopLimlLYMvzDGeMk426DrhPC09Dz38QKBGt0d-SHhNRlBHUWBTpVWpWGNeE18_YSFhUmLsZU1nm2jyagFyqXTtdPF5OXrvfLh82X7iggeDX4PMhNmE74rwi0-Mz4-Zl3mXtJ7NogCmV6cwqZWsr64-r2yvp7aKtz65Hb02vqfAv8GCxPbFU8auxtjKkNE20iHTb9i92Xzawdwy4izkUelG6dXvDu9O8B_yQfJF8wb2SPcy-6r-Cg==

there are some minor differences

i get a bit more str but less dex and int

i get 10% less life but over 30# more armor and 20% more life from flasks
i get over 100% more armor from shield

dmg is the same

i get 1% more chance to block but have 1 less jewel slot

if you would take bloodmagic from the tree and not from gems then you could take the surrounding HP nodes for even more HP then on your build

but this would prevent using the auras so its not the best oof ideas

Ok first of all blood magic is no option, because you cant run:
hatred - dmg
HoA - dmg
artic armor - great def

20% more life from flask is not needed (im level 68 now) but it would be okish

+1% shield block chance is ok but can be obtained by a jewel aswell as + x% life or additional dmg

100% more def from shield sounds nice but its just the shield

one big issue is the fact that you would loose 10% life but with your tree there would be more armor... i think its a matter of choices...

dropping dex and int is a no-go:
136Dex for level 17 riposte
138Dex for level 16 grace (in case some1 wants to play more def)
99 Dex for level 16 faster attacks
60 Int for level 16 aa right now at this stage
60 Int for level 16 hatred
60 Int for level 16 HoA
(20-30 int from lazhwar) and getting int on other items sets the requirements to specific and is more something of min/maxing which is not a concern... your tree provides 60 int in total which means either getting +int on items or dont level them and therefore not using the full potential. hte int on items could be used for +str for an example aswell as dex

another factor - like i previously said - this is a WIP

this means ill change the tree accordingly to problems and factor when i reached mapping and can start mapping w/o problems i can start to test and min/maxing stuff... mb getting for 3 points 31% all res or 25% all res and 24% more armor and ev... we will see when i or we get there ;)
ok but why dont you use some sort of a AoE attack.. maybe reave or cleave at least..
"
dzidek1983 wrote:
ok but why dont you use some sort of a AoE attack.. maybe reave or cleave at least..

I made a gladiator inspired by this thread, he's currently I think 52 and I had a lot of fun with it. I can tell you I tried various other main attacks, including reave and cleave and frenzy worked best IMO. Don't be fooled by it being single target, you "aoe" is handled by your riposte, retaliate, vengeance, tempest shield etc. With the insane block rate, and how much you get attacked mobs literally suicide on you. Couple that with herald of ash spreading overkill damage, and optionally using abyssal cry and aoe is handled gloriously.

Also since frenzy charges now add damage and not just attack speed, using frenzy is easy charges without having to use blood rage. As long as you keep a good updated weapon on you while playing this spec, it really does very good damage to be such a tank, and it's thoroughly amusing.
"
Dreschau wrote:
"
dzidek1983 wrote:

I made a gladiator inspired by this thread, he's currently I think 52 and I had a lot of fun with it. I can tell you I tried various other main attacks, including reave and cleave and frenzy worked best IMO. Don't be fooled by it being single target, you "aoe" is handled by your riposte, retaliate, vengeance, tempest shield etc. With the insane block rate, and how much you get attacked mobs literally suicide on you. Couple that with herald of ash spreading overkill damage, and optionally using abyssal cry and aoe is handled gloriously.

Also since frenzy charges now add damage and not just attack speed, using frenzy is easy charges without having to use blood rage. As long as you keep a good updated weapon on you while playing this spec, it really does very good damage to be such a tank, and it's thoroughly amusing.

thank you for this perfect answer...

the mechanic behind this build is:
1. Frenzy = frenzy charges = 4x5%dmg = 20%dmg
(3 basic charges + 1 merciless reward)
2. frenzy linked to fortify = while fortify is active you gain more dmg
3. fortify increases your armor
4. 2/3 "counter" attacks are AOE
5. abyssal cry debuffs the enemies and when 1 is killed it explodes in an aoe
6. riposte is single target and with the highest dmg of the 3 counter attacks and triggers with frenzy the best HoA effect

The reason why you dont need is an AOE attack because the gems and skills doing the AOE dmg and you just jump in and kill the magic in rare monster!

Summary:
single target - frenzy, riposte
aoe - vengeance, reckoning, abyssal cry, HoA Overkill Dmg

-------------------------------------
currently level 68 farming voll deathless like 10 times now... im levling until level 70 then doing the mine quest until malachai and then start mapping
did you try bloodrage in a CWDT
then you can use f.ex. ice Crash or something similar

you will do a lot more DMG that way

lvl 20 frenzy = 136% bonus dmg + 20% dmg from charges = +156% dmg with incresed by 20% speed from charges

lvl 20 ice crash = +184% dmg, its an AoE, can freeze and chill so ads you your defense, hits 3 times for less dmg, its a red skill so no need to pump the dex

maybe giving a multistrike in frenzy would up its dmg potential (i know it wont generate more frenzy charges)

PS. i'm not picking i really like your build :)

Last edited by dzidek1983 on Jul 30, 2015, 2:49:12 AM
"
dzidek1983 wrote:
did you try bloodrage in a CWDT
then you can use f.ex. ice Crash or something similar

you will do a lot more DMG that way

lvl 20 frenzy = 136% bonus dmg + 20% dmg from charges = +156% dmg with incresed by 20% speed from charges

lvl 20 ice crash = +184% dmg, its an AoE, can freeze and chill so ads you your defense, hits 3 times for less dmg, its a red skill so no need to pump the dex

maybe giving a multistrike in frenzy would up its dmg potential (i know it wont generate more frenzy charges)

PS. i'm not picking i really like your build :)

that could be true but the concept is:
2-3 clicks:
1. frenzy
2. leapslam
3. abyssal cry

beginner friendly:
easy to play and reliable mechanics...
bloodrage gives a chance! frenzy you will get (100%) a frenzy charge)
blooddancers would be an option too for lifereg but attack speed penalty would rly be a big down vs single target and the major thing is that you need those charges in order to deal dmg

more enemies = more dmg output and a higher killspeed

multistrike is not an option because i would lower my dmg/hit and therefor ethe overkill dmg would drop! currently the single target dps is ok! the single target dps is okish but vs a boss you cant get frenzy charges with icecrash... thats the mjor downside...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info