2.0 [Beginner Friendly] The allround Facebreak-Cycloner

Welcome to my allround Facebreak-Cyclone Guide for everyone.
The guide is in cooperation with WhiteRaven81. He helped me a lot with it. A big thanks to him!

PRO's and CON's:
Spoiler

Pro's:

- Beginner friendly
- Easy to play
- Easy to learn
- Cheap (possible to Equip for under 10ex)
- 4-Link friendly
- Almost everything playable
- Decent clear speed
- Can play ALL map mods
- Low death rate

Con's:

- For experienced players it could be boring

Passive skilltree:

Equipment:

Spoiler

Helmet:

Gives mass damage, but makes the character weak against physical damage.

Armor:

Here i preffered Carcass Jack because of the 20% increased Radius of Area Skills and 12% increased area damage. You can also use any other armor with evasion or armor. If you want to go more tanky you should aim for high evasion/armor, life, double or tri resist.

Belt:

There is no other option for the belt because of the 10-20 physical damage and the 10% max life.

Boots:

Nothing special, life, resistance, movement speed.

Gloves:

The most important item on this build. Try to some with +750%. The expansive alternative: legacy facebreaker with +950%.

Rings:

First of all you have to max out your resistance in merciless. Try to find some rings with life and needed resistance. If you want an damage upgrade you have to finde some with "Adds x-x physical damage to attacks". Rings are powerful damage upgrades. Other semi important stats are: stats (int/dex), life leech.

Amulet:

Here it's the same like the ring, first you have to aim for: resistance, life/damage, stats, life leech.

Shields:

Here we have 3 options:
Great Old One's Ward: perfect for damage! Best choice for easy map mods.

Lioneye's Remorse (alternative an other shield with high defense, life and block): For evil enemys or hard map mods if you are planning to get much damage.

Saffell's Frame: It's the best defense against caster like the beyond bosses.

Flasks:

Here i will change the second life flask (against freezing) with Lion's Roar when i play on non-reflect maps. The most important note: don't use Lion's Roar if you see an reflect group...you will kill yourself :P. If you are planning to open some strongboxes, equip the freezing flask, get some charges, open the box and when it freezes you, press the flask, so there is no problem :).

Gem's and Link's
Spoiler

Main attack:
4-Link (RRGG): Cyclone - Melee Physical Damage - Blood Magic - Faster Attacks

5-Link (RRGGB): Cyclone - Melee Physical Damage - Blood Magic - Faster Attacks - Concentrated Effect

6-Link (RRRGGB): Cyclone - Melee Physical Damage - Blood Magic - Faster Attacks - Concentrated Effect - Added Fire Damage

Aura's:
Offensive:
3(4)-Link (GGRB): Herald of Ash - Arctic Armour - Hatred - Enlighten (can be Portal)

Defensive:
3(4)-Link (GGRB): Herald of Ash - Arctic Armour - Grace - Enlighten (can be Portal)

Buff's and Curse's:
4-Link (BBRG): Vulnerability - Tempest Shield - Blood Magic - Blood Rage

CwDT-Setup's:
4-Link (RRRR): Cast when Damage Taken - Warlord's Mark - Enduring Cry - Increased Duration

3-Link (RRG): Cast when Damage Taken - Enduring Cry - Temporal Chains

Alternative Gem-Links:
Spoiler

4-Link (RRGB): Minion Life - Blood Rage - Blood Magic - Summon Flame Golem

3-Link (RRR): Shiel Charge - Fortify - Endurace Charge on Melee Stun

Not Testet:
4-Link (RRBB): Herald of Ash - Increased Burning Damage - Elemental Proliferation - Increased Area of Effect

Bandit's:
Spoiler

Normal: Oak
Cruel: Oak
Merciless: Kraityn

Stats:
Spoiler

Great Old One's Ward, 6L, without Aura's:
Spoiler
Damage:

Defense:

Great Old One's Ward, 6L, with Aura's(Hatred):
Spoiler
Damage:

Defense:

Great Old One's Ward, 6L, with Aura's(Grace):
Spoiler
Damage:

Defense:

Lioneye's Remorse, 6L, without Aura's:
Spoiler
Damage:

Defense:

Lioneye's Remorse, 6L, with Aura's(Hatred):
Spoiler
Damage:

Defense:

Lioneye's Remorse, 6L, with Aura's(Grace):
Spoiler
Damage:

Defense:

How to deal with map mods:
Spoiler

Physical reflect: Change Shield to Lioneye's Remorse, Change Aura from Hatred to Grace, if you play with 6L and have big problems with reflect, take out Melee Physical Damage. DO NOT USE LION'S ROAR!

Elemental reflect: If you gain too much damage: remove Added Fire Damage.

Blood Magic: Play without aura's.

Video's:
Spoiler
Will add some later
Last edited by Darkmode91 on Jul 17, 2015, 7:04:48 AM
placeholder
I am pretty sure you cannot CWDT Enduring Cry anymore.
So do you do anything different than the other 4 or so cyclone builds already posted?
What's the point of Arctic Armor in build which makes you move all the time ? I'm bit confused... Also CWDT ain't working with "Cry's" at all...
A video would be nice
good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info