[2.0] ✮ MrKasor's Tri-Curse Icestorm High Maiden ✮ [HC] Affordable CI Safe High Damage 7-Jewels

"
MrKasor wrote:
"
Polypropylen wrote:
Thank you for the explanation man!

I figured, you can save 1 additional skillpoint by going the "top way" at the mana cluster around "Deep Thoughts".

True nice catch dude!

I could need a tip regarding CWDT.
Until which level do you usually "level" it up to?
"
Polypropylen wrote:
"
MrKasor wrote:
"
Polypropylen wrote:
Thank you for the explanation man!

I figured, you can save 1 additional skillpoint by going the "top way" at the mana cluster around "Deep Thoughts".

True nice catch dude!

I could need a tip regarding CWDT.
Until which level do you usually "level" it up to?

Honestly Probably Start level 10 for now. Try to keep it less than 1/4 of your health pool.
[3.2] ✮ MrBones Wild Ride Dancing Dervish Melee Skeleton Summoner ✮ [400%+ Movement Speed]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2094226
"
MrKasor wrote:

Honestly Probably Start level 10 for now. Try to keep it less than 1/4 of your health pool.

Another question:
Where do you get your life leech from to transform into ES leech with Ghost Reaver?
"
Polypropylen wrote:
"
MrKasor wrote:

Another question:
Where do you get your life leech from to transform into ES leech with Ghost Reaver?

The life leech gem?
[3.2] ✮ MrBones Wild Ride Dancing Dervish Melee Skeleton Summoner ✮ [400%+ Movement Speed]
Hey MrKasor, just wanted to thank you for the build and your continual work on it! That said, I've been toying around in my head with some small changes to the tree, which would then open up a few other options which might be cool to play with.

All changes are made under the pretense of playing in Standard (because I'm too scared to play Hardcore).
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAv4IZw0fDXwOSBEPES8RUBGWFdcXVBg8GFYYahslHNwdTx3ZH8cigSL0KPorCit4LJwspiy_LR8tiy2oL281uTeBN4M7DTwoQYdDVEV8SVFLrkwtTLNObVBCU9RWSlZjV8lYB1xrXfJfKl9qbAttGXC7dFV4L3vDfOV_xoLHguSESIauiEKKr4w2jYKOPI8aj0aP-pARkNaTJ5M6l5eboZwynL6eoZ8BoS-iLqXEpuunCKcrrJi0OLb3t9a4k70nvoC-ir68wcXDbdAf0NDR5NkT2VvbWd-E34rjVuTr5RnpAuvu7Bjv6_DV9HH31_no-_U=

'Kay, so this is the 122 point modification I've thought about. Basically, we drop the int, jewel slot, and the Faith and Steel notable all from the deeper Templar area, opting for the 3 18% resistance nodes south of the Scion start, plus the jewel slot there. That slot would hopefully take an Intuitive Leap (which unfortunately would make the build more expensive), and then one point would be used to grab Exceptional Performance for 25% skill duration. Last two points can sorta go wherever, but I plopped them in for the cold damage and freeze node in the Shadow area for some synergy with Fingers of Frost and a little bit of recovered damage.

At this point, the goal would then be either to drop Enfeeble for Temporal Chains, or, if able to swing the cost for either glove+amulet corruptions of Temporal Chains and +1 Curse, to get considerable slow on anything that isn't curse-immune. One could also play around with putting a Windscream back into the build for quad-curse, assuming we'd still be using a Doedre's Scorn. I'd personally probably change the chest jewels to some form of Curse on Hit setup with the four curses and a skill that has good curse application due to either area of effect or cast speed. I don't know what the effects of removing that many int nodes are, but my thought is that we make up the difference in defenses and damage through the slowing effects of Temporal Chains + chill(ed ground), while also lengthening all of the other curses through Temporal Chains' 40% duration increase, PLUS improving damage application through longer duration on Icestorm and keeping mobs in one place due to the slowing effects of the aforementioned combo. Also, I don't know whether crit/freeze checks are made per cast or per individual hit of icestorm, but if it's the latter, we'd get more rolled chances on crit/freeze as well.

*sail takes a breath* Phew! Well, I don't know if it's ideal, but that's my crazy little take on the build. Anywho, thank you for your work and builds, as always! Hope you're doing well, and good luck out there!
Last edited by sailKite on Jul 26, 2015, 1:51:31 AM
"
sailKite wrote:
Hey MrKasor, just wanted to thank you for the build and your continual work on it! That said, I've been toying around in my head with some small changes to the tree, which would then open up a few other options which might be cool to play with.

All changes are made under the pretense of playing in Standard (because I'm too scared to play Hardcore).
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAv4IZw0fDXwOSBEPES8RUBGWFdcXVBg8GFYYahslHNwdTx3ZH8cigSL0KPorCit4LJwspiy_LR8tiy2oL281uTeBN4M7DTwoQYdDVEV8SVFLrkwtTLNObVBCU9RWSlZjV8lYB1xrXfJfKl9qbAttGXC7dFV4L3vDfOV_xoLHguSESIauiEKKr4w2jYKOPI8aj0aP-pARkNaTJ5M6l5eboZwynL6eoZ8BoS-iLqXEpuunCKcrrJi0OLb3t9a4k70nvoC-ir68wcXDbdAf0NDR5NkT2VvbWd-E34rjVuTr5RnpAuvu7Bjv6_DV9HH31_no-_U=

'Kay, so this is the 122 point modification I've thought about. Basically, we drop the int, jewel slot, and the Faith and Steel notable all from the deeper Templar area, opting for the 3 18% resistance nodes south of the Scion start, plus the jewel slot there. That slot would hopefully take an Intuitive Leap (which unfortunately would make the build more expensive), and then one point would be used to grab Exceptional Performance for 25% skill duration. Last two points can sorta go wherever, but I plopped them in for the cold damage and freeze node in the Shadow area for some synergy with Fingers of Frost and a little bit of recovered damage.

At this point, the goal would then be either to drop Enfeeble for Temporal Chains, or, if able to swing the cost for either glove+amulet corruptions of Temporal Chains and +1 Curse, to get considerable slow on anything that isn't curse-immune. One could also play around with putting a Windscream back into the build for quad-curse, assuming we'd still be using a Doedre's Scorn. I'd personally probably change the chest jewels to some form of Curse on Hit setup with the four curses and a skill that has good curse application due to either area of effect or cast speed. I don't know what the effects of removing that many int nodes are, but my thought is that we make up the difference in defenses and damage through the slowing effects of Temporal Chains + chill(ed ground), while also lengthening all of the other curses through Temporal Chains' 40% duration increase, PLUS improving damage application through longer duration on Icestorm and keeping mobs in one place due to the slowing effects of the aforementioned combo. Also, I don't know whether crit/freeze checks are made per cast or per individual hit of icestorm, but if it's the latter, we'd get more rolled chances on crit/freeze as well.

*sail takes a breath* Phew! Well, I don't know if it's ideal, but that's my crazy little take on the build. Anywho, thank you for your work and builds, as always! Hope you're doing well, and good luck out there!

Like anything goes softcore. But the reason we head over west is the int helps and isnt wasted. We get 200 ES from ES boot which beats windscream with none. For hardcore I prefer mine but for softcore yours is perfectly fine to go for.
Loving the build so far, level 57 (firestorm setup, farming for ice later on this character) in tempest. I have a question, since we are using Doedre's Scorn that gives +1 level of curse gems, why use the cwdt +enfeeble +frostbite +ele weakness in the gloves rather than the helmet? Just curious, I only started this game in the tempest league so still learning A LOT!!!
How much ES do you recommend before speccing CI?
My level 61 character has about 3800 ES and the CI could really come in handy when farming Western Forest because of the chaos damage there.
"
HOLLA wrote:
Loving the build so far, level 57 (firestorm setup, farming for ice later on this character) in tempest. I have a question, since we are using Doedre's Scorn that gives +1 level of curse gems, why use the cwdt +enfeeble +frostbite +ele weakness in the gloves rather than the helmet? Just curious, I only started this game in the tempest league so still learning A LOT!!!

CWDT wouldnt level and they wouldn't go off curse the curses would be overleveled for it but I swapped it for Cast when Stunned put CWDT on the chest and now you are good to go in the Helmet nice catch.

"
Polypropylen wrote:
How much ES do you recommend before speccing CI?
My level 61 character has about 3800 ES and the CI could really come in handy when farming Western Forest because of the chaos damage there.

Like Usually level 70 if you have really good gear maybe you can make it at 61. Oh you're in Warbands so go for it :P a random death doesn't matter. Like I went CI once at like 30 and was surprised on how far I got on Hardcore before I ripped to desync.
Last edited by MrKasor on Jul 26, 2015, 1:36:35 PM
Changed a few things after working on my Ranger Build I realized I could Apply it here as well so HoI generates Charges on shatter. Also realized Vaal Pact would be a good Idea so I grab that and use Fertile Mind Jewel to turn the DEX into INT. Build now has a Max INT of 1307. Put in IC and Enfeeble on CWS. Also we now have 6 Open Jewel slots. We also self cast the Damage Curses as they are really just for bosses or rares.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info