I trust GGG

I guess i trust something will change in time, somethings will stay nerfed for a year till they seem semi good or comparable to whatever flavour of the month there is. Got one shot by a bunch of cobras with some beyond mod on them today (l72map), lvv93 4.5 k life I dont think i can be fucked with that. Stacking a bunch of chaos resist round all my other maxed res to dual weild dagger cyclone (with shit range) and lightning coil is out of my budget at present. Meanwhile my pa ranger can easily get extra life and doesnt even need to be near mob to do dmg.
"
johnKeys wrote:
the question was, what is the added value of Warbands vs. Standard, when the rarity of encountering the awesome, great-AI, team-working flagship Warband enemies, can make Warbands League feel just like Standard, roughly 2/3 of the time?

that's a disappointment I didn't express in OP, because when I made the thread, I was hoping the fact I encountered less than a handful of Warbands in 2 whole acts, was simply bad luck.

sure, I got my butt kicked in pre-nerf Invasion, and Beyond, and Exiles Everywhere, and Onslaught, and early Anarchy... but those Leagues did what is written in their "contract".
Warbands doesn't.
the enemies who define the very existence of the league, so rarely show up it's frustrating really.

Fresh economy.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Been, honestly, getting crushed pretty hard in the new league once I get into mapping.

Kind of been a downer for me.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
the question was, what is the added value of Warbands vs. Standard, when the rarity of encountering the awesome, great-AI, team-working flagship Warband enemies, can make Warbands League feel just like Standard, roughly 2/3 of the time?

that's a disappointment I didn't express in OP, because when I made the thread, I was hoping the fact I encountered less than a handful of Warbands in 2 whole acts, was simply bad luck.

sure, I got my butt kicked in pre-nerf Invasion, and Beyond, and Exiles Everywhere, and Onslaught, and early Anarchy... but those Leagues did what is written in their "contract".
Warbands doesn't.
the enemies who define the very existence of the league, so rarely show up it's frustrating really.

Fresh economy.

I think even devoted fans of the economy would agree, a fresh economy alone is not enough for playing a new League.

all previous Leagues had added value in both theory and practice. some more than others, but that's a different story.

Warbands to me, seems like it holds only theoretical added value. in practice, I encounter it so rarely, it makes me just log out and switch to one of my Standard League characters.
imagine for example, what would Invasion League look like, if the title said "invasion bosses", the area text said "big scary invasion boss here", and yet you wouldn't encounter a single big scary invasion boss, for an entire Act?
now, can you understand my frustration?
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
I don't give two craps about economuuy (although selling a few things here and there, helps with orbs you need to spam maps, so God bless ecomomee! :)...

New league = fresh start. Experience 2.0 from an empty stash upwards, instead of jumping into your GG geared 90+ char in Std. Experience fresh progression, looting is fun again (you get upgrades every hour, isnted of once per month)... climb map tiers, struggle with gearing up your char, fill the holes, test skills, etc..

E:
Warbands specifically are still a lot more interesting than Rampage or Domination ever were. Not the worst league ever.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jul 22, 2015, 3:56:30 AM
I think for the the act 4 mobs in maps are really really tough. I thought i would never see act 3 mobs and think 'oh, glad they are not act 4 mobs'. Act 4 monsters in maps are horrifying, they can turn a casual map into a warzone.

Now this is not per definition a bad thing ofcourse. But i feel like it isn't much more challenging in some way. Some types out of act 4 litterally do way to much damage.
"
morbo wrote:
I don't give two craps about economuuy (although selling a few things here and there, helps with orbs you need to spam maps, so God bless ecomomee! :)...

New league = fresh start. Experience 2.0 from an empty stash upwards, instead of jumping into your GG geared 90+ char in Std. Experience fresh progression, looting is fun again (you get upgrades every hour, isnted of once per month)... climb map tiers, struggle with gearing up your char, fill the holes, test skills, etc..

E:
Warbands specifically are still a lot more interesting than Rampage or Domination ever were. Not the worst league ever.

a more valid argument than the previous, but isn't it a bit low of a "fun threshold"?
to each his own I guess, my friend, but truth be told Warbands promised a hell of a lot more than it actually delivers.
and the most frustrating thing about it, is the solution is so bloody simple: make Warbands actually spawn in areas that say they spawn. 100% chance.

players interested in actually hunting Warbands and Leaders down, will deliberately zone into areas marked with 4 dots to encounter more of them, but if I'm just doing content and quests, and walk into a zone that says "Redblade Raiders", then fully clear it only to find out there are no Raiders... that's a "smash keyboard" moment right there. especially when it happens for the 10th or 20th time.

compare that to something like Invasion League, where not only did every area have a bad-ass Invasion Boss exactly as promised, they also seemed to find YOU instead of you having to find them.
"
johnKeys wrote:

a more valid argument than the previous, but isn't it a bit low of a "fun threshold"?
to each his own I guess, my friend, but truth be told Warbands promised a hell of a lot more than it actually delivers.
and the most frustrating thing about it, is the solution is so bloody simple: make Warbands actually spawn in areas that say they spawn. 100% chance.

players interested in actually hunting Warbands and Leaders down, will deliberately zone into areas marked with 4 dots to encounter more of them, but if I'm just doing content and quests, and walk into a zone that says "Redblade Raiders", then fully clear it only to find out there are no Raiders... that's a "smash keyboard" moment right there. especially when it happens for the 10th or 20th time.

compare that to something like Invasion League, where not only did every area have a bad-ass Invasion Boss exactly as promised, they also seemed to find YOU instead of you having to find them.

invasion was really a soviet russia league and because of all the qq it caused we're never having another one (sadface)

I think at this point everyone should realize that most people play leagues for fresh start. warbands/tempest are small little 'flavours' so it doesnt entirely look like youre playing std/hardcore perma-leagues. almost every softcore league besides ambush, people always complained that its essentially standard.

invasion was one of the few leagues where the flavour would hit you right in the mouth, and there was a public outcry against it.
well the outcry during Invasion League was probably due to the combination of it being a Hardcore league, and Invaders being so stupidly over-tuned in early game, before the nerf.
one-shots that'd even make Malachai jealous.

I remember doing a "melee, self found, skip no Invaders" challenge back then, and I only got to City Of Sarn (Normal) before getting ripped to shreds, despite taking my time to farm, repeat and gear properly for each zone.

after the nerf, it was just perfect. concept met implementation, and the result was spot-on.
"
johnKeys wrote:
a more valid argument than the previous, but isn't it a bit low of a "fun threshold"?.

Yeah, because bosses dont spawn often enough. I never saw a warband boss in maps and only two (that I can remember) instances where the map was "conquered by" (ie. 4-dot chance to spawn boss).

I'd make the bosses a lot more common and make them more difficult. Nerf the chance for them to drop specific warband items, instead of nefring the spawn rate (but yeah, the so called "challenge" gets in the way of fun :).
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info