I trust GGG

"
NeroNoah wrote:
While I think Piety deserves some adjustments, Malachai is fine (if your machine can handle it). All his techniques are avoidable easily, and the ones you tend to not avoid are manageable. Although I can be biased because I played a melee tank (Templar, 2L Ice Crash and 4L Glacial Hammer, with less than 1.5k HP and some armor, lvl 43). I died just once. I guess that it should be looked up for evasion and ES characters with the constant damage with so much shit on screen.

Piety has the problem that is unintuitive and unforgiving. Once you get it, it's not that much trouble. I wish the fight started a little more slow so one can learn it (also, there should be a way to get an antibleeding flask, >_<).

Sorry, but it's the other way around.
Piety just does a lot of things, the flying orbs can easily fill up too much space on the screen which is just annoying as hell, but an easy fight.

Malachai is what a Boss shouldn't be, just run around for decades and hit him once in a while, together with way too much health.
Also FPS drops constantly.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
"
johnKeys wrote:

the game is harder, but not for the right reasons. it seems the Dev Team in their quest for more challenge, pushed the numbers dial more than a bit too far. the grim reality of one-shots, defence that looks and feels utterly useless, and overall ridiculous damage output - is back. stronger than ever.
it was evident, when Normal Malachai hit my level 80ish Mapping character for over 50% HP in a single slam - but he is not the only culprit. far, far from it. absolutely everything got pushed to the max, it seems. I'd like to see it maxed in a different way. risk via "super moves" you can see coming, and impressive AI, means a lot more to me as a player, compared to just normal attacks suddenly dealing unthinkable amounts of damage.

Oh yes... my block 4,3k hp Scion feels the damage ramps up all the way. From retarded-hard hitting Pit map boss (MAP LEVEL 68) to overall damage that monster bring. The big skeletons can hit up to 3k, and that is not even maps. AI is still dumb as it was, but now you can't stand in melee range EVEN MORE. Fortify only forces you to use it, while ranged characters doesn't care about melee attackers anyways. It is saddening, but Fortify and all that doesn't seem to be working for me. :/

I hope some more work will be done on that, because as for now it doesn't seem to be well balanced.

But the rest, as you said, it is great.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
I wish this game were more client-sided or offline. I'm dancing around 1shot mega attacks and dodging desynced adds in a boss fight constantly, and it just doesn't work if you have any ping jitter at all. I used to play HC exclusively but I don't see that happening this time.
I'm happy supporting them, but I'll fully trust GGG only when they introduce paid, deeply customizable leagues and let the community make the ARPG experience they want.

In other words, they need to trust in themselves first, and not fear that rewarding the player more will result in the game being meaningless (as Chris recently stated on reddit). There is room here for a game that's not dominated by economic models or scarcity or junk drops... but if they don't see it, I hope they'll let the community show them down the line.

Well, maybe they'll see it soon enough... :)
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!
the game was too casual before, GGG is back on track with 2.0.
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:
the game was too casual before, GGG is back on track with 2.0.

So... it's more formal now? "Tuxedo" and "Evening Gown" armor set mtx incoming!
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
Last edited by mruuh on Jul 17, 2015, 8:29:00 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:

overall, I think it would be fair to give GGG some time to stabilize it all, before passing actual forum judgement.
heck, I'm usually the most impatient of the lot - but this time... this time I trust GGG.
I trust them, because they put a hell of a lot effort into this. because they have the right idea even if it can - quite frankly - be implemented in an utterly abysmal way, at times.
and most of all, I trust them because something keeps making me go back and click that PoE Icon on the Desktop for two and a half years. years during which, the people behind that Icon no doubt learned a thing or two about coding a game. their game. so now it's just a matter of nothing but time, until they code it right.

Withholding immediate judgement reminds me of the Early Access problem. Yes, we can't judge the whole thing yet, we've only seen a piece of it. But no, we cannot abstain on that account, because the products of gaming are increasingly released in a somehow unfinished or incomplete state. Some products never get finished, some players never see the finished product, and at any rate by the time it's truly complete the product will have lost too much of it's relevance for judgements to even still be interesting.

The times when "Please wait till it's finished" or "It'll be better in 6 months" were valid comments are over. Things will probably be better once they've been sorted. But telling yourself (and others) that as justification for the present is invalid.

On that note, I wouldn't say the present even needs all that much justification. Awakening turned out good. Not the Brood War or Vice City of expansion packs, but it'll keep us double clicking the link on the desktop for another while, isn't that all there is?
Last edited by Gerarddg on Jul 17, 2015, 10:26:51 AM
Trust?
Closed Beta|Open Beta|Release|League Only
Last edited by CrownOfThorns on Jul 17, 2015, 10:49:51 AM
"
Perq wrote:
Oh yes... my block 4,3k hp Scion feels the damage ramps up all the way. From retarded-hard hitting Pit map boss (MAP LEVEL 68) to overall damage that monster bring. The big skeletons can hit up to 3k, and that is not even maps. AI is still dumb as it was, but now you can't stand in melee range EVEN MORE. Fortify only forces you to use it, while ranged characters doesn't care about melee attackers anyways. It is saddening, but Fortify and all that doesn't seem to be working for me. :/

My 2H Cycloner in Warbands has 4.2k life & 7.5k armor (yea I know it's not that great - SF gear). In the only 75 map I did so far, a rare Vaal fallen would hit me for around 3k life through fortify & 7 endu charges up. The map had no damage mods (at least not for that particular monster) :)

Shit is real. Packs ob Otherwordly mobs can instagib you (esp. the ones from Act4) in 72 tier maps already, if you have very low chaos res. 2H melee is prob. the worst thing a player can pick right now, fortify or not... Haven't tried my facebreaker, high block Mara in Std yet. Huge nerf to leech doesn't help either...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jul 17, 2015, 12:41:36 PM
My CI incinerate regen tank got 1 shooted from boss in map 81 with 12k ES and 45% dmg reduction from armor constantly. I cant even think how low range spellcasters or meles with that lol leach can kill that crap , its just not possible ppl from my guild with CoC dischargers with mirrored items dont even try it. Atm this is just non sense , they riped all defensive mechanics.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info