Cast When Damage Taken Setup

As Enduring Cry no longer works with this what are other viable defensive CWDT setups

Thanks
Last edited by Boltonsquads on Jul 16, 2015, 4:50:53 AM
I think of something like: Decoy Totem (distraction) + Enfeeble (lower monster dmg) + Immortal Call.

Lvl 20 Enfeeble + Fortify buff grant you 43,2% (45,3% with Fortify passives) damage reduction (from hits) even with 0 armour and 0 resists, which is pretty solid already.

With capped resists, elemental attacks barely hit you at all. Also your armour becomes more effective vs lowered physical damage (the lower the damage, the better it is migitated by armour).
Last edited by AAlex12 on Jul 16, 2015, 7:29:21 AM
I still use it like before you can make endurance's charges you know like 4-5 different ways.

Only change I have is vaal grace now where Enduring cry was.

Git R Dun!
I thought CoDT didnt work with Vaal gems?
bängan is bängan.
"
Crovaxx wrote:

Why? Threy do work if they have enough charges. The problem with CWDT is that you can burn out vaal charges when it's not actually necessary and don't have enough charges when you really need that Vaal skill.
Since Tempest Shield was changed to work as a buff rather than an aura, i use that in my Cwdt setup now. provides permanent 3% block and it's cast for free.
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
"
Darkrox wrote:
Since Tempest Shield was changed to work as a buff rather than an aura, i use that in my Cwdt setup now. provides permanent 3% block and it's cast for free.

Nice idea btw
"
AAlex12 wrote:
I think of something like: Decoy Totem (distraction) + Enfeeble (lower monster dmg) + Immortal Call.

CWDT doesnt work with totems anymore.
"
Ratnyd wrote:
"
AAlex12 wrote:

CWDT doesnt work with totems anymore.

Haven't checked that out yet. If so, then maybe summon golem or some other defensive skill.
Anyway, since EC can't be triggered by CWDT anymore, Enfeeble becomes the strongest option imo.
Last edited by AAlex12 on Jul 16, 2015, 9:54:48 AM
"
AAlex12 wrote:
"
Crovaxx wrote:

Why? Threy do work if they have enough charges. The problem with CWDT is that you can burn out vaal charges when it's not actually necessary and don't have enough charges when you really need that Vaal skill.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Trigger_Gems

"Vaal gems: Trigger gems cannot trigger vaal skill gems, even if the player has the required amount of souls."

Unless it was changed in the Awakening, you are forced to self-cast vaal skills.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info