[2.0] Rathik's Shotgunless Barrage COC. New build. Much stronger now. Boss killer.

"
Shaymon wrote:
Spoiler
This may have been mentioned, but I wanted to share my thoughts.

First of all, thanks for the info here. I am currently 55 on Warbands and the setup is working great. I am using my Tabula and manually casting Assassin's Mark. I use Barrage>CoC>GMP>AB>MagmaOrb>Increased Crit. For anyone trying this and wanting to use this early (Around lvl 38) I recommend the Increased Crit Chance gem and Ungil's Harmony Amulet. The Ungils gives 100% Crit % so near 10% extra at the cost of 50% Crit Multiplier. I know you don't want to run that forever but it helps to get the crits going. I was struggling and then I got that amulet and switched out Curse with Increased Crit Strikes(Manually cast curse) for 4 Alterations and it was night and day.

To Burn down high HP targets, I pop Diamond flask then lay down the smack.

Also, my gear is sub par and this is still working great so.... :)

The question I have- Why don't you take Heartseeker Node near Acrobatics? Is it pointless to get t0o much crit? That node is 50% Increased Crit and 25% Multiplier. Seems good for 4 extra points. Sorry if this was asked already. I skimmed through a lot of the replies but not everything yet.

-Shaymon

Heartseeker is taken at higher levels.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Aug 17, 2015, 12:04:52 PM
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
Pitopito wrote:
Ok first of all thank you very much for your response, i change my gear and now looks like this:

Spoiler

Also i have that lvl 59 wand that i bought planning to use any other recommendation? what can i enchant in my neck to make better? life+1res?

Great upgrades. Love the wand and amulet.

Sort your chest gems in the order you want them to be casted.

Spells from your COC are casted in the order the are placed in links.

Top left gem socket is number 1, bottom right is number 6.
You want to place assassin's mark before fireball and arctic breath.

E.G

"
Barrage + COC + GMP + AM + FB + AB

If you place it like this the monsters will first get cursed with AM then will get hit by FB and AB.
This means FB + AB will the benefit of the curse when they hit.

Linking herald of thunder with life leech is not needed, drop the link and run Arctic Armor for more survival. If you can handle the mana cost then ignore this :).

Add life on amulet from master. Your rings/belt/boots can be enchanted also.

Regards

Wow i didnt know that the cast is related by the order of gems, thank you very much, that make a big change in the char! with 30 of mana free i can cast infinite barrage so i decided get HoT+Life leech too :D, im waiting to multicraft the ammy and i want to change rings when i can put the Starkonja's because i will looking for resisntances rings to cap.
"
Rathik2 wrote:

I am not even going to try to compare it :).

-> lacking crit ? im over capped in crit chance what the heck are you talking about ?
-> dual wield ? well yeah...

If you looked at my profile and at my items you would have realized this is a dual wield wand crit coc build.

I was talking about changing my current build to one that can use rf almost all the time changing my passive tree, my items and my skills.
- using rise of the phoenix
- using purity of fire
- changing my skill tree with something like this

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABAF4DHgUtBbUGIw3RDkgVIBa_GY4ZtB9BIuoj9iT9JpUqCy2DLaguUzB8Nj1DMUd-S1dNklFHVUtd8l-wYeJirGNDZU1sjG1sb55wUnDVdO11y3cHeu99dYMJhMWHE4nTjAuMNo19jX6Nv5u1nKSdqqOKpHixkLVIt7a31rl8u-O9Nr6AvqfA48HVwzrEospK02_TftrB21ne-OdU53To1upi7LDtg-4O73rxs_Pq9qP-uv_eQKAhYHTxKaURln_GoqPB85UgLR9Ms0V-Dlxq-iBuUDAEB4PbVcY=
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
Shaymon wrote:
Spoiler

First of all, thanks for the info here. I am currently 55 on Warbands and the setup is working great. I am using my Tabula and manually casting Assassin's Mark. I use Barrage>CoC>GMP>AB>MagmaOrb>Increased Crit. For anyone trying this and wanting to use this early (Around lvl 38) I recommend the Increased Crit Chance gem and Ungil's Harmony Amulet. The Ungils gives 100% Crit % so near 10% extra at the cost of 50% Crit Multiplier. I know you don't want to run that forever but it helps to get the crits going. I was struggling and then I got that amulet and switched out Curse with Increased Crit Strikes(Manually cast curse) for 4 Alterations and it was night and day.

The question I have- Why don't you take Heartseeker Node near Acrobatics? Is it pointless to get t0o much crit? That node is 50% Increased Crit and 25% Multiplier. Seems good for 4 extra points. Sorry if this was asked already. I skimmed through a lot of the replies but not everything yet.

-Shaymon

Right on, Thank you. Should I still go with the flask nodes if I don't plan on using RF for a long time if ever? Also, I finally made it through the entire thread :) Thanks again.
"
Shaymon wrote:
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
Shaymon wrote:
Spoiler

-Shaymon

Right on, Thank you. Should I still go with the flask nodes if I don't plan on using RF for a long time if ever? Also, I finally made it through the entire thread :) Thanks again.

Take Alchemist when you want to start using RF, if you not planning on using it skip it.
Basically Alchemist makes your flask 30% better, and last 12% longer.

I recommend to at least have Profane Chemistry or Herbalism.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Why saffel and not rise of phoenix ?
"
Pitopito wrote:

You can use phoenix if you want.
IGN Riokar | My guides
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
Pitopito wrote:

Yeah i know but its a great difference between the shields? i mean for RF
"
Pitopito wrote:
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
Pitopito wrote:

Yeah i know but its a great difference between the shields? i mean for RF

The difference are on the shield stats.

Its shown in all the videos that you can maintain RF with Saffell's, you can even maintain it with out.

Phoenix is weaker to me since you loose spell power and max res on the other resistances.

The loss of attack block from Saffell's is irrelevant since the build uses Acrobatics.
IGN Riokar | My guides
Last edited by Rathik2 on Aug 17, 2015, 5:25:48 PM
"
azamantes wrote:
"
Rathik2 wrote:

I am not even going to try to compare it :).

-> lacking crit ? im over capped in crit chance what the heck are you talking about ?
-> dual wield ? well yeah...

If you looked at my profile and at my items you would have realized this is a dual wield wand crit coc build.

I was talking about changing my current build to one that can use rf almost all the time changing my passive tree, my items and my skills.
- using rise of the phoenix
- using purity of fire
- changing my skill tree with something like this

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABAF4DHgUtBbUGIw3RDkgVIBa_GY4ZtB9BIuoj9iT9JpUqCy2DLaguUzB8Nj1DMUd-S1dNklFHVUtd8l-wYeJirGNDZU1sjG1sb55wUnDVdO11y3cHeu99dYMJhMWHE4nTjAuMNo19jX6Nv5u1nKSdqqOKpHixkLVIt7a31rl8u-O9Nr6AvqfA48HVwzrEospK02_TftrB21ne-OdU53To1upi7LDtg-4O73rxs_Pq9qP-uv_eQKAhYHTxKaURln_GoqPB85UgLR9Ms0V-Dlxq-iBuUDAEB4PbVcY=

You missing spell crit and multiplier, that is the heck am talking about. Capping barrage is easy.

I wouldn't use phoenix over Saffell's.

You are obsessed with using RF all the time. RF is only used when burst is needed. Using RF all the time will extremely limit your mapping mods and will most likely get you killed.

Again, the skill tree you are linking is an entire different build and I don't want to compare it or give advise on it since I have never tested it.

IGN Riokar | My guides

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info