ULTIMATE Frost blades guide

I'm currently leveling using FB, and I'm using FB+WED+MeleePhys+Multistrike+Melee Splash+Reduced Mana. I'm also using the Point Blank node. It seems to be working well atm.
We're all just walkin' through this darkness on our own.
I've just finished making a build thread for the Frost Blades build I've been running. I'm using an Oro's Sacrifice with the skill and it's working great! If anyone is curious, here is the link:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1363311
Have you tested chain instead of fork? I think it might be better.
"
Have you tested chain instead of fork? I think it might be better.

Yes I did. Read FAQ I explained my point there.
It is actually better in clear speed on average but I won't call it huge advantage.
Last edited by MCSMvsME on Jul 29, 2015, 12:27:24 PM
Have you tried out pierce? I was thinking of trying it, seems it would be great for the projectiles.

Im actually finding the seeking projectiles adequate without fork too while leveling.
Last edited by idiezalot on Aug 9, 2015, 6:40:45 PM
While I've currently switched back to Reave (the AoE clear is simply better to be honest) I've leveled up and mapped with Frost Blades.

Passive Tree

As you can see I've really only picked up either Phys or Crit nodes because of the projectile mechanics.

If you get enough crit using Herald of Ice will speed up the clearing of packs even more, it just sadly lacks behind Reave.

Gear

If I remember correctly the fully buffed tooltip DPS was around 75-85k with a 6L and Bino's.
Now the issue is that Reave just does more DPS because Melee Physical Damage is so strong or you can get the same DPS with more area.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed playing Frost Blades but for maximum clear speed you're better off using Reave (or wait for GGG to buff Frost Blades :) )
A funny thing to do but totally NOT endgame viable doable with a fast 1h (usually 7 to atk/s) or a 6L wideswing:
FB + multistrike + melee splash + gmp + chain + knock back
Its funnier with a wideswing if you took the fending passives and both witch and templar aoe
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
"
MCSMvsME wrote:

You can trade scions starting resist nodes 1:1 for marauders life/armor in your skilltree.

The only difference in terms of "accuracy struggles" is: lvl1 scion has 20 dex, marauder has 14. Which means nothing at all.

So if your build makes a Scion not struggle with accuracy, same applies to a Marauder.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Aug 12, 2015, 5:50:24 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:

You can trade scions starting resist nodes 1:1 for marauders life/armor in your skilltree.

The only difference in terms of "accuracy struggles" is: lvl1 scion has 20 dex, marauder has 14. Which means nothing at all.

So if your build makes a Scion not struggle with accuracy, same applies to a Marauder.

I need these resists to get overcap required to run ele weakness maps.
Of course I can play marauder, but playing it from the start with 0 accuracy is less comfortable. In end game it's not the case of course.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info