ULTIMATE Frost blades guide

Guys if you need any advice on links pm me.
Talking about mana, 3 mana leech nodes near duelist is enough.
Got discussion Fork vs Chain on reddit over and over.
I suggest you choose for yourself what feels better.
"
That's all I've got for now, i would like to find a way to easily apply Frostbite to large areas of mobs

CWDT.
"
Tree I'm working on at the moment: http://poeurl.com/zsTiKkL

Too many points man. Also as tempting flash freeze wheel is I droped it today. It's too heavy investment for only projectile speed increase. Cold damage doesn't matter too much on merciless better to get jewel socket +1 point.
Last edited by MCSMvsME on Jul 17, 2015, 6:01:40 PM
Revised Frost Blades + CoC + Ice Spear build below. It'll only load into the offline PoE builder.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYARXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2Av5VS9-EYeJCwyaVXfIWv3DVDkgDHonTEZYfQXBSBx6QGwYjKguVLnBWtUjz6vDVmhNtbJmaSVGP-tvU53Q2Petj7BjbGujWnaoRL3C7EHsi6gW1YqxsjNkTvjrDOo2_wuwvbxmKm7VRRypbOq2XBvsJX7AwfHn2gl5vhMSi9trKSo19QzZS7P8cu-OhIhqPb54j9v669PicpIMJo4pNkqJAhxNGce4Odwe0DOGIgazquh2qM5INfP5JQxNXySj6gsf56EGHtz7-Cti9hMU=
Last edited by DB42 on Jul 18, 2015, 9:06:28 AM
"
DB42 wrote:
Revised Frost Blades + CoC + Ice Spear build below. It'll only load into the offline PoE builder.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYARXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2Av5VS9-EYeJCwyaVXfIWv3DVDkgDHonTEZYfQXBSBx6QGwYjKguVLnBWtUjz6vDVmhNtbJmaSVGP-tvU53Q2Petj7BjbGujWnaoRL3C7EHsi6gW1YqxsjNkTvjrDOo2_wuwvbxmKm7VRRypbOq2XBvsJX7AwfHn2gl5vhMSi9trKSo19QzZS7P8cu-OhIhqPb54j9v669PicpIMJo4pNkqJAhxNGce4Odwe0DOGIgazquh2qM5INfP5JQxNXySj6gsf56EGHtz7-Cti9hMU=

BTW, if you changed pathofexile to poedb.tw/us, it will work

IE:

"
o4all wrote:
"
DB42 wrote:

Spoiler

BTW, if you changed pathofexile to poedb.tw/us, it will work

IE:

Thanks a lot, mate! I'll definitely remember that.
What are you using for bandit rewards?

I'm thinking
Skill Point
Phys Dmg
Frenzy Charge

Mana has been an issue (still early) so I'm debating if the max mana could be worth it.
I am quite confused here about some things.

I searched far and wide for answers, but it confuses me even more.

Are you 100% sure Melee Physical Damage doesn't apply to "whole" of Frost Blade?

I search and there were some threads saying they do, than there are ones like this that say they don't.

Also, heard somewhere that Fork, does not have auto-target, only Chain can auto-target because of Chain's default auto-target.
"
o4all wrote:
Are you 100% sure Melee Physical Damage doesn't apply to "whole" of Frost Blade?

Yes, 100% sure everything with melee tag apply only to melee part of attack. Phys damage with %weapon type% is related to source of damage. So no melee tag=apply to everything. This mechanic is not new. Lightning strike share it too.

"
o4all wrote:
Also, heard somewhere that Fork, does not have auto-target, only Chain can auto-target because of Chain's default auto-target.

CHAIN vs FORK is a very hot topic among FB users. I recommend you to decide for yourself which one is better.
My opinion: FB is not a range skill. It has pretty descent melee base attack. Chain heavily cuts it.
I think the main point is not the average DPS. It is the DPS when you need it!

1) With chain you can't reliably focus single target(rare, vaal totem).
This is also the reason why I don't like multistrike with FB.
2) Fork deal more DPS to big packs.
It's just the math.

In my opinion chain+multistrike is the worst possible combo for lazy people
who want to hold one button.
Last edited by MCSMvsME on Jul 25, 2015, 2:26:20 PM
"
Icaros wrote:
What are you using for bandit rewards?

I'm thinking
Skill Point
Phys Dmg
Frenzy Charge

Life. AS/point. End/Frenzy.

"
Icaros wrote:
Mana has been an issue (still early) so I'm debating if the max mana could be worth it.

Max mana not worth it at all.
3 mana leech nodes is enough to sustain(at least for me) or you can reserve 100% and go BM.
But I don't like it.
The thing with mana leech: you need to calculate mana pool and how much phys damage leech you need to sustain single target. It's more complex than BM.
Last edited by MCSMvsME on Jul 25, 2015, 4:13:50 PM
Hey Guys,

I wanted to try this with a one handed sword an shield! My passive tree looks like this at the moment

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAO4FZhSOFSAXPhm0GlUceCPTKk0s6S2DMZ41kjrhPydDMUrITP9OKlO7WhphIWVNbqpvJ3XLguSE74aziO2Kr41-j2CQEZpqplep-rXyvTa-p768v9XAdsMzzZjWWNi92sHh7-XF6mLyRfVG_go=

i know i have to respec path of the warrior, but i got no end game experience at all. Is it worth to go for some shield notes? I´ve got testudo in mind or is the mana leech enough? I appreciate every Help!
"
Three1 wrote:
Hey Guys,

I wanted to try this with a one handed sword an shield! My passive tree looks like this at the moment

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAO4FZhSOFSAXPhm0GlUceCPTKk0s6S2DMZ41kjrhPydDMUrITP9OKlO7WhphIWVNbqpvJ3XLguSE74aziO2Kr41-j2CQEZpqplep-rXyvTa-p768v9XAdsMzzZjWWNi92sHh7-XF6mLyRfVG_go=

i know i have to respec path of the warrior, but i got no end game experience at all. Is it worth to go for some shield notes? I´ve got testudo in mind or is the mana leech enough? I appreciate every Help!

I'm short on time right now so I'll give you quick tips on how to make this build.

1) If you are going block you better focus on maxing it out.
Currently jewels with 1% are really good. So I recommend you to pick all 2 points ones you got nearby.
2) With 1h build I see 2 ways: claw or dagger. Because scaling crit is the best way for FB. That's why I recommend to start shadow or ranger.
3) But don't overextend investment in both block and crit. End game forces you to have huge ES/HP pool. So you need to have at least 150% life. Keep that in mind.
Last edited by MCSMvsME on Jul 27, 2015, 9:41:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info