World Champion San Francisco Giants outfielder Hunter Pence and LetsGetLexi play The Awakening live!

"
LMTR14 wrote:
sure, let's call the winner of a American-only league (what's it called mlb or something) the WORLD champion... LOLOLOL stop it with the America-worship already!!!

The players in the MLB are comprised of the best baseball players from all over the world, so it actually makes sense to call the winning team 'world champions'.

If the teams were comprised of American born citizens only, I'd agree with you.
"
Cr0zz wrote:
People who's streams I don't want to hear about:
- people who are famous in other areas of life who the marketing team jump on cause OMG FAMOUS!!!

People who's streams I do want to hear about:
- people who have spent ridiculously large amounts of money on POE
- people who have spent a lot of their own time and effort promoting the game to increase the player base
- people who create guides and builds for the game
- any member of the GGG team
- people that supply the GGG team with the drugs they use to come up with the batshit amazing stuff they keep adding to POE

Guys help I can not find the upvote button
I am the world's best path of exile player, I strong I kill all monster with amazing power
"
Coal48 wrote:
eh, people really do care about status don't they.

Some random guy plays PoE, nobody cares

A famous person plays PoE, it makes front page news on it's website

I never cared for "let's play" whoever is playing, whether it be kripparian, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Miyamoto, my grandma or ISIS

Man, I would totally watch Arnold play PoE.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
I'd be there with you, Arch :D
"

I would think your whole guild would!
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
I would have put the streamer first and then her boyfriend/world famous baseball player second.

The way it's worded now looks a little bit desperate and attention grabbing. We're talking about a very niche game here (remember GGG made it to be this way) and advertising it with famous stars / athletes seems out of place. PoE is not a soft drink.

Also I'm not quite sure what the commentary will be like, aside from "the new content is pretty cool".
As a professional athlete he most definitely doesn't have the time to commit serious hours to the game, so what will he have to say about balance changes/builds/leagues/PvP, anything that would be remotely interesting? So yeah, they should have picked someone with close ties to the game, not some random gamer, famous or not.
"
Archwizard wrote:
"

I would think your whole guild would!

:D 2 DA CHOPPA!
The event is scheduled for 6pm PDT.
Chris is also going to be streaming gameplay with Hunter and answering his questions.
Bex, pls post Chris's twitch channel, ty. :)
IGN: Prgavac

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info