[3.4] "Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardians/Shaper/Elder

Hey, this is an awesome guide man. Have you tried using wild strike? Seems like it would fit well with the passive tree
Hi and thanks for the build!

Very well written by OP. Im trying this out for the 2 week HC event, tested it before in beta atm. I like the playstyle. And generally melee focused builds in HC. Lets see how far i can get :)

Keep up the good work. And Im interested for your 3.0 update and adaptions later on.

Peace
So I've been giving this build a shot and quite like it so far. One thing leaves me a bit confused. In the skill section you mention linking dual strike to a lot of things, but not blood magic support. How would that main skill even work, if the 3 auras you also recommend reserve 100% of the mana pool? I went over the guide a couple more times, as well as the skilltree to make sure I didn't miss any source of reduced mana reserved and from what I can see there is no such source mentioned in the guide. What detail am I missing?

Edit: Oh wait, I appear to have skipped over reading what Enlighten does. Question answered.
Last edited by Nanimonai3 on Jul 17, 2017, 11:59:50 PM
thnks
Last edited by bob1514 on Jul 18, 2017, 2:40:10 PM
Very well written, but can you put the different points into Spoilers?
It would be great, because it's a pain to scroll everytime to a specific point
Thanks for great guide. I'm loving the build, served me well in 2.6 :) I'm wondering if you'll be updating it for 3.0?
"
shlug wrote:
Thanks for great guide. I'm loving the build, served me well in 2.6 :) I'm wondering if you'll be updating it for 3.0?

And I did it. Still missing video but I want to show how build deals with new HP on bosses. So you need to wait until Monday. There are also some missing gems in guide which I can't add until 3.0 hit live version. I'm gonna update it with leveling tips later today.
IGN: Nanashi_Sabazashi
"Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide
view-thread/1321402
"
ShihanPiotr wrote:
"
shlug wrote:

And I did it. Still missing video but I want to show how build deals with new HP on bosses. So you need to wait until Monday. There are also some missing gems in guide which I can't add until 3.0 hit live version. I'm gonna update it with leveling tips later today.

awesome, thanks!
Abyssus got super nerfed in the 3.0 patch notes, is this build still viable?
Yes, I was trying to overcame Abyssus nerf by testing few things on beta and I did it. I changed some pathing on tree and used new Ruthless gem in setup. Overall, I was able to not only defend against nerf but also upgrade damage by 23%.

For reference, stats showed in guide takes into account:
- Abyssus with 125% crit multi
- Lion's Roar with 25% more melee physical damage
- Atziri's Promise with 20% physical and 15% elemental damage as extra chaos dmg

As I said in guide, I don't want to show any top tier or legacy gear in build. So even my standard gear will be replaced with new version of those items - I don't see point of showcasing millions of dps if cost of items will be over the limits.
IGN: Nanashi_Sabazashi
"Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide
view-thread/1321402
Last edited by ShihanPiotr on Aug 3, 2017, 5:29:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info