[3.4] "Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardians/Shaper/Elder

When is the person who made this going to update this???
I love this build

Please update ='(
For those who are curious whether this build is still viable for this league.

I've started off playing this build immediately once the league started, and my total play time is 22 hours (Act 10 + merciless lab completed)

This is my current gears for this league without stats stick.
I'm planning to play this build without using stats-stick since it was nerf drastically from 40% to 20% cap. However, I've other plan to replace stats-stick

I invested approximately 21 chaos in total (Source: Pick up chaos, and do delve depth)

My current DPS is 89k average + 450% crit multiplier.
Mapping & Bossing is pretty good as usual.
Melt + facetank syndicate members easily in both early and late game.

War-banner gave u 100% DPS for like... 2.5 to 5 sec, which is pretty neat with vaal double strike.

I havn't done any other bossing content such as shaper, elder, uber-elder, or the new syndicate final boss yet. However, I'll update whenever I meet those condition.

Current plan:
1) Pushing map + unlock uber lab
2) Farm uber lab + up some gear
3) Try out syndicate boss'
4) Meta-crafting elder 1H sword w/ delve mod

(There's a delve mod that gives 60% DPS on full life + Elder mod that gives 37% DPS Dual weild) I did some testing with PoB, and it eventually came out similar DPS range as a 40/40 stats-stick mod.

I'll update and post my PoB of my current progress as soon as possible.

If anyone curious what kind of sword that I'm planning to meta craft
It'll look like this

Prefix1: #% Increased physical damage
Prefix2: #% Adds # to # physical damage
Prefix3: #% Increased physical damage / Attack rating Hybrid
Suffix1: #% Increased DPS on full life
Suffix2: #% Increased DPS while dual wielding
Suffix3: #% Chance to bleed or Crit multiplier

PS:

This weapon right here has almost 300 Physical damage, and it's a pretty cheap sword to do content. Right now, it's being sold for 5 - 10 chaos. You guys can buy the one without 28 or 30% for 1 chaos, and then unlock one of the syndicate base with the correct syndicate member (It was Haku or Vagan) to receive a craft-chest that increase quality of equipment by 28/30%.

I also recommend not to touch any stats-stick at the moment, because they're only boost your damage by 5 to 10%

Even with a 15ex (300 phys + stats stick mod) only raise your DPS by 20-30% at most.. Whereas ideally delve + elder mod can raise your DPS up to 150-300% (which was stats stick does previously before nerf)
Last edited by Aseki2013 on Dec 10, 2018, 12:49:10 PM
"
Aseki2013 wrote:
For those who are curious whether this build is still viable for this league.

I've started off playing this build immediately once the league started, and my total play time is 22 hours (Act 10 + merciless lab completed)

This is my current gears for this league without stats stick.
I'm planning to play this build without using stats-stick since it was nerf drastically from 40% to 20% cap. However, I've other plan to replace stats-stick

I invested approximately 21 chaos in total (Source: Pick up chaos, and do delve depth)

My current DPS is 89k average + 450% crit multiplier.
Mapping & Bossing is pretty good as usual.
Melt + facetank syndicate members easily in both early and late game.

War-banner gave u 100% DPS for like... 2.5 to 5 sec, which is pretty neat with vaal double strike.

I havn't done any other bossing content such as shaper, elder, uber-elder, or the new syndicate final boss yet. However, I'll update whenever I meet those condition.

Current plan:
1) Pushing map + unlock uber lab
2) Farm uber lab + up some gear
3) Try out syndicate boss'
4) Meta-crafting elder 1H sword w/ delve mod

(There's a delve mod that gives 60% DPS on full life + Elder mod that gives 37% DPS Dual weild) I did some testing with PoB, and it eventually came out similar DPS range as a 40/40 stats-stick mod.

I'll update and post my PoB of my current progress as soon as possible.

If anyone curious what kind of sword that I'm planning to meta craft
It'll look like this

Prefix1: #% Increased physical damage
Prefix2: #% Adds # to # physical damage
Prefix3: #% Increased physical damage / Attack rating Hybrid
Suffix1: #% Increased DPS on full life
Suffix2: #% Increased DPS while dual wielding
Suffix3: #% Chance to bleed or Crit multiplier

PS:

This weapon right here has almost 300 Physical damage, and it's a pretty cheap sword to do content. Right now, it's being sold for 5 - 10 chaos. You guys can buy the one without 28 or 30% for 1 chaos, and then unlock one of the syndicate base with the correct syndicate member (It was Haku or Vagan) to receive a craft-chest that increase quality of equipment by 28/30%.

I also recommend not to touch any stats-stick at the moment, because they're only boost your damage by 5 to 10%

Even with a 15ex (300 phys + stats stick mod) only raise your DPS by 20-30% at most.. Whereas ideally delve + elder mod can raise your DPS up to 150-300% (which was stats stick does previously before nerf)

so why your profile is private ? lol
I have updated it.

It's kinda odd that my character tab is hidden. Weird...

I've upgraded a few pieces of equipment to tackle uber izaro soon.
I am level 87 right now, having done uber lab and two elder guardians. I can run T10 maps with high-level betrayal dudes without problems. Check my gear or PM me if you need Help. This build still works.
i started leveling this char and asked myself: what are the advantages to play this char as a dualwielder, now that double strike alter between both weapons?
"
kalmtraveler wrote:

i started leveling this char and asked myself: what are the advantages to play this char as a dualwielder, now that double strike alter between both weapons?

The advantage of dual wielding is to have 10% ATK SPD, 15% Additional Block, and 20% more physical DPS. You can also melt boss pretty quick with double strike alone without stats-stick.

Bloodlust + Increase DPS against chilled enemies are pretty good mods for double strike.

Ancestral Totem + Chance to bleed + Ice-bite pretty much allowed you to use bloodlust + Increase DPS against chilled enemies very efficient.

PS: Hypthermia is pretty good too.

I'm still doing searching around ways to increase DPS with this build.
Last edited by Aseki2013 on Dec 14, 2018, 11:37:31 PM
thx for your answer, i thought about a bit more and i guess that another good argument is that stacking +physdamage gets better and better the faster you attack.
Ok. I really love the feel of this build but im having serious bossing and probably mapping issues.

I need some help as I've been trying to figure out why I cannot even beat izaro at level 80.

I've done uber farmers for the start of almost every league except this one but I wanted to make one again and found this build. As I said I love the feel but i cannot get my bossing setup to melt their health. I've been running test after test and Ive poured 2 ex into this guy and i cannot figure out the issue.

I'm using a elder dragonbane sword in my main hand pseudo 5L with multistrike / inc crit dmg / vaal double strike / melee phys / bloodlust.

In my off hand is a dragoon with 20% chance to cause bleed and 117-234 phys dmg.

my chest is the clearing and bleed application setup on a loreweave with double strike / melee phys / chance to bleed / inc crit support / ancestral call.

I've been doing some play testing with different swords and and what not, but im fighting merveil in t1 maps and im either not making her bleed. or my boss killing setup isnt taking advantage of the bleed.

tooltip for mainhand: 73k

offhand: 56k

If anyone can shed some light or message me in game and help me figure this out I'd be very grateful! I can tell this build is awesome and I want to get it working for me!

IGN: UberLabMoreLikeLoserLab

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info