Are there any 3D ARPGs in the style of PoE/Diablo?

As the title suggests.

I've been thinking how incredible it would be to have a 3D game with an in-depth crafting system and trading such as PoE.

Does a game like this exist or is it purely fantasy thoughts?
Define "3D" because PoE and D3 are already using 3D models and effects. There are plenty of games that are rpgs with crafting and trading.

Unless your talking about something that isn't isometric view.
"Hellgate: London" was the best attempt at this, alas that (flag)ship sunk :(

Always thought someone would take that idea and run with it since the game was actually really fun, would love to see if there is one i just know about so will keep my eye on this thread too.
~SotW HC Guild~

"
scorpitron wrote:
"Hellgate: London" was the best attempt at this, alas that (flag)ship sunk :(

Always thought someone would take that idea and run with it since the game was actually really fun, would love to see if there is one i just know about so will keep my eye on this thread too.

Pretty sure a form of Hellgate is still running. No idea on the current quality etc. of course. Good demonstration of how hard great basic ideas and concept art/design can be to translate into playable and fun reality.

Borderlands 1/2/prequel is a good 3D ARPG with fun loot design (esp. 2/prequel) and enemies but doesn't randomize levels like PoE/Diablo.

That's about it for now, sadly.
Interesting!

I believe that there is really a gap in the market with this genre.

I can't wait to see the inevitably brilliant 3D style games which take notes from PoE/Diablo.

I'm going to be keeping a keen eye out for sure.
You should really check out Divinity 2

Edit: except for the trading part that does not exist. On the other hand, crafting does a nice job.
Last edited by feeder_animal on Jul 14, 2015, 12:40:33 PM
Grim Dawn/Titty Quest
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
^ I felt that about Guild Wars 2 as well. You brought up some really interesting points, nothing else holds a candle to PoE in terms of crafting depth, the currency system lends itself beautifully to that. It's not without its problems as you also touched on, the fact that you really do need to engage in trade to try and hit the higher echelons of tiers disjoints the progression a little.

That would be all well and good but we still don't have a real way to trade in-game without 3rd party software or spamming trade chat, so there's that.

"
Which is why I said "almost rude".

I think Poe.trade actually hindered any work GGG might do regarding trade facility because it does such a good job.

it does and it doesn't. Alt-tabbing out is a pain in the ass. I wish it was in-game. In time hopefully.

I'm sure you've hit the nail on the head regarding why its taking so long.
I still want a Hellgate-type game from GGG. I bet they could pull it off.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Jul 14, 2015, 11:38:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info