[3.3] TheAmigoShotz! -Lifebased Windripper Raider! Insane Clearspeed + Deathless Shaper!

"
kelongngu wrote:
made the character as a shaped strand runner, working fine so far.

any thoughts about the new Bisco collar?
Been using it since i could equip it but didn't really notice any difference in drops so i'm looking for opinions.

I also made a purely MF version for trying out on Shaped Strands/Mesas. Haven't really seen much in the way of pure windripper MF setups on the forums so I'll put my 2c in.

You can afford to run all out MF as you have plenty of damage for T11s trash clear. To be honest bosses are pretty sketchy though with my dodgy gear and 4k life. I've been using Bisco's since pretty much lvl 30 so I don't have the option to compare it to prior setups. However the quantity bonus of 100% is huge considering the rest of my quant gear only gives about 80%. Quantity is the stat you want for currency/6s drops. I would never consider dropping it for a different amulet. Ascetic is more suited for vaal spark builds as they can get away with a blue/white dagger.

Also found it near impossible to keep a good uptime on a divination distillate. Wasn't reliable as a mana source and the 0.4% mana leech from the tree would constantly top me up stopping the effect. I tried it for a while without the 0.4% from the tree but went OOM too often which affected clear speed too much for my liking.

Will be dropping inc crit strikes for added cold to further ensure the quant bonus from windripper. Already at crit cap with power charges up. So after dropping the inc crit strikes gem, a diamond should bring crit up to about 90% of the time. Also considering adding ice bite to the HoI setup in my 5L since i never really use the single target barrage setup.

Gear:

Last edited by vuongsterz on Mar 27, 2017, 9:26:04 PM
Question: Im 82 and i have problems with running out of mana really quick. I have the 0.4% mana leech on the three but im still running out of mana really fast. Is there a way to fix the mana problem ? Its really hard to fight bosses when you run out of mana after 3 tornado shots .
"
GreenKoala77 wrote:
Question: Im 82 and i have problems with running out of mana really quick. I have the 0.4% mana leech on the three but im still running out of mana really fast. Is there a way to fix the mana problem ? Its really hard to fight bosses when you run out of mana after 3 tornado shots .

Best bet would be to take another 0.4% for 1 point on the tree and see if that helps. Or getting a rare quiver with good stats as well as a mana leech line.

Edit: Just had a look at your character. Might be worth dropping a quicksilver and a hp flask to get some utility flasks. A properly matched mana flask will allow you to spam without running OOM as well. Diamond/Atziri's promise will help with damage which will shorten fights. The more damage you do, the more you'll leech mana back. Vinktars also helps with mana depending on what content you're doing. You should have decent enough damage to blow bosses up before running into mana issues. I personally don't have any mana issues with bosses with just the 0.4% from the tree although you're using gems with larger multipliers than my setup atm.
Last edited by vuongsterz on Mar 27, 2017, 10:48:03 PM
I've been following Neversink's TS build, but just now I read the complaints about it and I've noticed this build seems way more solid than his according to the comments, could You or anyone advise me if I should continue with his or change to this one? I'm playing Legacy Softcore and as of now i have around 80 chaos orb and aparently the tree is not too different that i can't make the modifications.
Last edited by shookbox on Jun 11, 2017, 4:51:27 AM
"
vuongsterz wrote:
"
GreenKoala77 wrote:

Best bet would be to take another 0.4% for 1 point on the tree and see if that helps. Or getting a rare quiver with good stats as well as a mana leech line.

Edit: Just had a look at your character. Might be worth dropping a quicksilver and a hp flask to get some utility flasks. A properly matched mana flask will allow you to spam without running OOM as well. Diamond/Atziri's promise will help with damage which will shorten fights. The more damage you do, the more you'll leech mana back. Vinktars also helps with mana depending on what content you're doing. You should have decent enough damage to blow bosses up before running into mana issues. I personally don't have any mana issues with bosses with just the 0.4% from the tree although you're using gems with larger multipliers than my setup atm.

Thanks for the answer. I only have these flask atm because i use my better ones on another char. I dont really want to run a mana flask and rather try to fix it with something else. I will spent my next point on the 0.4% note and see if it helps. Changing the drillneck with a rare quiver could also be a option if the 0.4% note doesnt help.
Does anyone have suggestions on getting more survivability? The damage overall is great, speed clears of t10 and above are awesome.

"
vuongsterz wrote:
"
kelongngu wrote:
made the character as a shaped strand runner, working fine so far.

any thoughts about the new Bisco collar?
Been using it since i could equip it but didn't really notice any difference in drops so i'm looking for opinions.

I also made a purely MF version for trying out on Shaped Strands/Mesas. Haven't really seen much in the way of pure windripper MF setups on the forums so I'll put my 2c in.

You can afford to run all out MF as you have plenty of damage for T11s trash clear. To be honest bosses are pretty sketchy though with my dodgy gear and 4k life. I've been using Bisco's since pretty much lvl 30 so I don't have the option to compare it to prior setups. However the quantity bonus of 100% is huge considering the rest of my quant gear only gives about 80%. Quantity is the stat you want for currency/6s drops. I would never consider dropping it for a different amulet. Ascetic is more suited for vaal spark builds as they can get away with a blue/white dagger.

Also found it near impossible to keep a good uptime on a divination distillate. Wasn't reliable as a mana source and the 0.4% mana leech from the tree would constantly top me up stopping the effect. I tried it for a while without the 0.4% from the tree but went OOM too often which affected clear speed too much for my liking.

Will be dropping inc crit strikes for added cold to further ensure the quant bonus from windripper. Already at crit cap with power charges up. So after dropping the inc crit strikes gem, a diamond should bring crit up to about 90% of the time. Also considering adding ice bite to the HoI setup in my 5L since i never really use the single target barrage setup.

I dropped Bisco, currently using a rare amulet instead.
clear speed improved, bosses became more manageable but single target still sucks.
Debating if i should run TS as a 4L or switch to 4L LA and use 6L Barrage for bosses instead.
Missing the helm enchant for +2 TS projectiles but i'm not sure of the upgrade.
Should i get +2 Barrage instead?
also missing last 2 uberlab points as Izaro one-shots me but i'll try again with decoy totem.
Anyone with experience with 4L LA clear speed?

Currently lv85 with 5.3k life.

edit:
tried 4L LA and 4L TS, TS just felt better for pack clears so i'll stick with TS.
Mana is extremely easy to sustain on 4L TS and 6L Barrage.
4L: TS + GMP + Added Lightning + Pierce(drillneck), anyone got other suggestions?
still can't decide if i want a +2 Barrage or +2 TS Devoto's
I have an Alien pet.
Last edited by kelongngu on Mar 30, 2017, 11:22:24 PM
How do you survive reflect mobs? how did your HC character died?
I found a bit of currency and I dont know what I should buy and do next to make this build better.
Should I get quality gems now and should I try and get some better gear or should I try to get a 6-link with kaom's heart?

My current gear:

My skill tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAQBeBS0FtQX5CC4OSA-rEYERlhR1Fr8XJhmKGY4Z1yF2I9Mj9iSLJP0mlSoLKjgwWzB8Mfo51D7PQdBDMUd-Sn1M_02STipRR1VLVvpaGluvXfJfcGHiYetirGOnZU1noGyMbydwUnTtdct293fXePl6U3qEfXV-3X8rf8aDbYbOh3aJ04w2jX2Nfo25jb-PYJcGmyabjZ2qoJ-n1K0ztMW3trvjvTa95r6nwTPC7MMzwzrEosjcz3rQrdN-1CPawd1G45_nVOjW6mLtg_1u_rr-yP_e

I have 4.6k life and 12.8k unbuffed TS damage and around 100 chaos orbs atm. I would also have enough strength for a kaom's heart.
Last edited by Proteusius on Apr 4, 2017, 6:50:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info