[3.3] TheAmigoShotz! -Lifebased Windripper Raider! Insane Clearspeed + Deathless Shaper!

"
Flapdrol wrote:
"
Slagmaur wrote:
Btw nice dps on that Frenzy of yours now :D

Rearranged my gear so I could fit in a legacy crit quiver. Replaced Lightning Warp by Vaal Haste (works better in teams). With Vaal Haste, Golem and Charges I am now at 229K Frenzy and 85K Split Arrow. That is about as far as I want to take it as reflect is beginning to hurt.

"
_KaOtiC_ wrote:
Wouldn't Hypothermia instead of added lightning give more dps to frenzy that's a big % of damage extra and we only tend to use frenzy for big hp mobs so you'll do a bit less first hit but a lot more on chilled enemies after as well as more freeze chance for Windripper extra quantity?

It is exactly what I thought, until I tried Added Lightning Damage. I used to have Slower Projectiles (which is 30% more), and it was vastly outperformed by Added Lightning (an 18/0 Added Lightning outperformed a 20/0 Added proj by a large margin, and the 21/20 is a very large margin.

Maybe hypothermia's chance to freeze could be useful against bosses? On single-target frenzy which should give sufficient cold damage to chill bosses. Still leveling a hypothermia and waiting to get the requisite links to test this out.
Can someone please tell me how you guys are all doing tens of thousands of dmg and I have like 7K dmg unbuffed at lvl 86.... Heres my gear.

Spoiler

"
Flapdrol wrote:

It is exactly what I thought, until I tried Added Lightning Damage. I used to have Slower Projectiles (which is 30% more), and it was vastly outperformed by Added Lightning (an 18/0 Added Lightning outperformed a 20/0 Added proj by a large margin, and the 21/20 is a very large margin.

Yes but hypo doesn't affect the tooltip dps. So if you are at 225k frenzy at the moment and lets say 25k is coming from added lightning damage (you can give me numbers without added lightning equipped after words) but 200k dps + 40% on chilled =280k + boss doesnt move when frozen and has increased IIQ from windripper. So first hit is 25k lower but every shot after will be 55k more.

Even if we say 50k is coming from added lightning 175k+40%=245k So as you see the higher your damage gets the better % things scale. You can't really compare them standing in hideout and since we boost our dps mostly on bosses and want maximum dps to kill boss the fastest this seems the better option. And when you are dealing with trash it wont matter anyway because you look at them and they are dead already.
"
at0mic109 wrote:
Can someone please tell me how you guys are all doing tens of thousands of dmg and I have like 7K dmg unbuffed at lvl 86.... Heres my gear.

Spoiler

first big mistake i see is that you are using the hatred aura, which is almost useless for this build, use the wrath aura instead

edit: also, you should be reserving 100% of your mana with: wrath, herald of ice, and herald of thunder. In addition, you should be using the blood magic gem for both your attacking skills, split and frenzy
Last edited by MLUC on Aug 8, 2015, 1:22:32 AM
You are using 5-links instead of 6.
None of your Jewelry has Increased Weapon Elemental Damage
Your Wrath Gyre ring is hopeless.

I would replace the boots with 3-res or high 2-res boots which should alleviate the pressure on your jewelry, and get WED jewelry.

It may also be good to know that true high damage gear will set you back 100s of exalts, which will not be easy to come by.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Aug 8, 2015, 3:31:48 AM
"
_KaOtiC_ wrote:
"
Flapdrol wrote:

Yes but hypo doesn't affect the tooltip dps. So if you are at 225k frenzy at the moment and lets say 25k is coming from added lightning damage (you can give me numbers without added lightning equipped after words) but 200k dps + 40% on chilled =280k + boss doesnt move when frozen and has increased IIQ from windripper. So first hit is 25k lower but every shot after will be 55k more.

I did not do the calculation, but please note in my quote above that because Hypothermia does not show up in tooltip, I experimented with Slower Projectiles (which has 30% MORE damage which *is* included in tooltip) and Added Lightning. I then concluded that it was unlikely that the Hypothermia would better (even though it has 40% MORE instead of 30%), also because its first shot will suck.

I also have a poor understanding of the chill/freeze mechanics:

The wiki:

CHILL Chill is an elemental status ailment inherent to cold that slows the movement, attack, and cast speeds of the affected target by 30%. Any hit of cold damage, even non-criticals, has the potential to chill the target. Chill can also be inflicted by skills including Ice Shot, Arctic Armour, and Arctic Breath, which leave patches of ice on the ground. When a target is hit with cold damage, it is chilled for a duration proportional to the damage relative to the target's maximum life. Base chill duration is 60 ms seconds for every 1% of the target's maximum life (before party scaling) dealt by Cold damage, up to a maximum of 50%. If the duration would be below 0.3 seconds, the chill effect is not applied. Furthermore, when a target is frozen, it is also chilled for the freeze duration plus an additional 300 ms.

FREEZE: A hit of damage that has a chance to freeze is capable of inflicting freeze. Critical strikes inherently have a 100% chance to freeze. Base freeze duration is 60 ms seconds for every 1% of the target's maximum life (before party scaling) dealt by Cold damage, up to a maximum of 50%. If the duration would be below 0.3 seconds, the freeze effect is not applied.

So it seems that you need to hit the boss with 5% of his life in cold damage with one shot to chill him. If I do so much damage he is gonna die soon anyway (cold is only part of my damage). Or am I totally not grasping something?

I would love to hear the results of a 20 or 21/20 Hypothermia experiment.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Aug 8, 2015, 3:43:33 AM
"
Flapdrol wrote:

I did not do the calculation, but please note in my quote above that because Hypothermia does not show up in tooltip, I experimented with Slower Projectiles (which has 30% MORE damage which *is* included in tooltip) and Added Lightning. I then concluded that it was unlikely that the Hypothermia would better (even though it has 40% MORE instead of 30%), also because its first shot will suck.

I also have a poor understanding of the chill/freeze mechanics:

The wiki:

CHILL Chill is an elemental status ailment inherent to cold that slows the movement, attack, and cast speeds of the affected target by 30%. Any hit of cold damage, even non-criticals, has the potential to chill the target. Chill can also be inflicted by skills including Ice Shot, Arctic Armour, and Arctic Breath, which leave patches of ice on the ground. When a target is hit with cold damage, it is chilled for a duration proportional to the damage relative to the target's maximum life. Base chill duration is 60 ms seconds for every 1% of the target's maximum life (before party scaling) dealt by Cold damage, up to a maximum of 50%. If the duration would be below 0.3 seconds, the chill effect is not applied. Furthermore, when a target is frozen, it is also chilled for the freeze duration plus an additional 300 ms.

FREEZE: A hit of damage that has a chance to freeze is capable of inflicting freeze. Critical strikes inherently have a 100% chance to freeze. Base freeze duration is 60 ms seconds for every 1% of the target's maximum life (before party scaling) dealt by Cold damage, up to a maximum of 50%. If the duration would be below 0.3 seconds, the freeze effect is not applied.

So it seems that you need to hit the boss with 5% of his life in cold damage with one shot to chill him. If I do so much damage he is gonna die soon anyway (cold is only part of my damage). Or am I totally not grasping something?

I would love to hear the results of a 20 or 21/20 Hypothermia experiment.

Yeah never mind it is a bad idea. I figured you had the 10% chance regardless of the amount of cold damage dealt but you are right you would need to do around 5% of the bosses health in cold damage to get a chance to freeze. The chilled threshold can be bought down i think via using things that increase its duration like quality on hypothermia but would still i think be hard to keep up constantly. I'll still give it a try when the last of my critical nodes are taken.
So hypo would require a build based around everything cold and taking extra cold damage everywhere and still some bosses would be near impossible to freeze. Though the chilled portion may still provide that dps we are looking for I'll have to test on some different bosses to find if it's worth trying to chill via added cold + hypo with frenzy.
@TheAmigoBoyz I saw you using Shadows and Dust in your Gorge map run. Does the unholy might and smoke cloud proc easily? Seems like quite the useful mob clearer.
Could I do this build with 110 exalts and get 40k tooltip+ with charges?

Edit: I will give you 110 ex for your gear since you said the cost of your gear is around 100ex :P
Last edited by WhoEvenAmISquared on Aug 8, 2015, 12:25:10 PM
Anyone got any ideas for a low life magic find variant? I really want to get my windripper up again and do some solo dom runs and such

here would be my skill tree idea with my spare scion, be better with a witch though. This is assuming shavs, windripper, and im not sure what else yet.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAYENuPQOWOyiDCXcHhxOcpG-eJbzgw9tP378OPDpShmDBM4bOIXZbr3b3OdR_K1b6d9cUdTH6oJ9v8taKX2rQ0AW1jb9RRzB8Kgvz6rVIbWzndOjWuXyMC-ywNj1w1YnTcFJd8t-EQsOMNgL-pJF-M6aZjulRdKKjf8YRlg5I41bk6zeB7BiP-lKyDXzqurQMRnGnKzW5HU8tH5UgwfMRUFyK9OmCHjaJZ71Pr746EHvbGsEA9UsRLysKtvfrY5maS64bJdlbbRnfiukCIWB08RjbXhNAoGFS705JUfDVytO-iqEvkycHHpUu
Last edited by Dinkleberger on Aug 8, 2015, 2:38:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info