[2.0] Mjolner life based Rainbownuke witch, !!Deathless 82 Core/Uber!!

"
Nagluho wrote:
I play this build as a duelist and its awesome)) But i think that
is much better than devoto.

You are wrong !!!, to much crit on rats , ur discharges will be weaker if u get to much crit , ur molten strike must have crit as lowest as posible..plus that 10 % reduce size , only 10 % movement compared with devo's 20 %.
Wee benefit from devoto a lot , the armor and evasion it's to damn awsome to pass off , nice dexterity reduces phys dmg ( i know wee dont have much of that ) chaos rez ( max 25 % ), 20 % MV, defenetly best for this build.
Last edited by ramler on Oct 7, 2015, 1:54:22 PM
"
Krux wrote:
"
shotcaller77 wrote:
Just curious. In your guide you are using BM but also making use of the ES on hit, implying that you don't use BM. If not BM, which gem do you replace it with?

Regards!
You 'could' drop BM on easier content, but on harder bosses you'll need it to keep up.

So what is the point of all the +ES on hit jews I've been spending money on ;) ? Which jews are you guys using?
@shotcaller77: Simply put, additional life mate with insane heal on hit from Kings/Jewels. It's intended for the very end game mainly, ie. with 7k eHP I can facetank Uber Vaal Duo smash. In all, when it comes to doing Uber I don't even break a sweat. It's also beneficial when you roll nasty map mods on some 81 and 82 maps.
Armor Life version can perform very well in end-game too, it's very much Uber viable but the MoM/EB build improves the quality of life by a lot. Very few things remain in the game that can one shot you.

Edit: I use ES on Hit jewels naturally. Priority: %Life + ES on Hit, then whatever else I can get.
IGN: Bootfish, Bootcharge, Krux ☆ PoE YouTube Channel: http://tinyurl.com/bootfish
2.0 Uber Atziri Video guide for "Mjolner Armor Life MoM/EB": http://tinyurl.com/malmomeb
2.0 Videos: 82 Core ☆ Uber Atziri: http://tinyurl.com/bootfish
Build guide thread: http://tinyurl.com/liferainbownuke
Last edited by Krux on Oct 9, 2015, 6:02:57 AM
Hi,i dont understand one thing, why you use eldritch battery if you use blood magic and cast when damage taken.
"
Krux wrote:
@shotcaller77: Simply put, additional life mate with insane heal on hit from Kings/Jewels. It's intended for the very end game mainly, ie. with 7k eHP I can facetank Uber Vaal Duo smash. In all, when it comes to doing Uber I don't even break a sweat. It's also beneficial when you roll nasty map mods on some 81 and 82 maps.
Armor Life version can perform very well in end-game too, it's very much Uber viable but the MoM/EB build improves the quality of life by a lot. Very few things remain in the game that can one shot you.

Edit: I use ES on Hit jewels naturally. Priority: %Life + ES on Hit, then whatever else I can get.

Appreciate your reply. Sorry for being a complete idiot but what you are saying that the ES on hit combined with EB and BM regenerates life instead of ES? I may be completely misunderstanding the mechanics here :) Or is it because the ES protects mana which in turn protects us because of the 30% mitigation from whatever that keystone is called?

Sorry for the noobness
@ulthane010: ES on Hit Jewels + EB alone cannot sustain you in the very end-game, such as Uber and 82 maps. For more read my reply to shotcaller77 below.

@shotcaller77: Np mate, Viviere and I are here to help where we can. In a nutshell, we use ES as an additional life pool, not as a mana pool. Key usage of MoM + EB in the Ver.3 build is to a) Mitigate more damage and b) Give additional 1k Life that is regen-ed via ES on Hit jewels.

Here's a simple breakdown with/without the BM gem:
Without BM: If you don't use the BM gem, Molten strike spends your ES when you have Eldritch Battery. But in the very end-game content there could be a lot of incoming damage, which means that your ES will reach 0 and you won't be able to use Molten Strike. If you can't use Molten Strike, you die as neither Life nor ES will heal up, since you need to keep hitting things to leech Life, via Romira-Voll-Kings combo, and to keep up ES via ES on Hit Jewels.
Remember, in the very end-game it's unlikely that you can top-off your ES as it's drained by: Molten Strike and incoming damage AND Mind over Matter becomes useless if you don't have enough ES, leaving you even more vulnerable.
Conclusion: When you keep draining your ES pool by using Molten Strike and on top of that you take substantial damage, it's hard to top-off your ES. With lots of things hitting hard you're bound to drop to 0 ES, which can result in death.
Note: You can 'solve' the 0 ES problem with certain flasks. However, imo that's less effective and less safe than simply using the BM gem.

With BM: Simple, with the BM gem you'll ALWAYS be able to hit things and the Romira-Voll-Kings combo will top-off your Life pool (and as long as you hit something you'll never die unless you're one-shot). Additionally MoM provides you with 30% more mitigation, making you even more tanky and it will have 100% uptime since you can sustain your ES in most scenarios. This is where the usage of ES on Hit jewels is two-fold: firstly, you generate your ES to make MoM work for the 30% mitigation, and secondly, ES on Hit jewels effectively turn your ES pool into an extra 1k+ life pool, (which is a lot!) since ofc incoming damage hits ES first (unless it's Chaos) and you will keep generating ES by hitting things.
Conclusion: Just watch my Uber Guide video, it's posted on the first page in the "Videos" section, and pay attention to several things:
1) I use the BM gem when running Uber ofc.
2) Fast forward to the Trio fight and you'll see that I use Discipline instead of PoL in that fight. And even then, due to so much incoming damage, I often have little-to-no ES left. Now, imagine what would happen if I dropped the BM gem :D ES on Hit Jewels CANNOT keep me up on their own (I've tried it and died miserably :D).
3) Rewind to the Vaal Duo fight and notice that I took the damage from the Smash and lived. I would've died if it weren't for the additional 1k+ ES, MoM and proper flasks :) Since then I've done more testing and I can 100% facetank the Smash, but normally I try to avoid it anyway... that bloody thing hurts!
Note: Read up on "effective Life" (eLife or eHP) if you need to, I won't be explaining it here.

Bottom line: Armor Life MoM/EB version of the build, with the BM gem, will make most of the very-end game content easy. Only a few things can one-shot you.
Note: If you do not feel the benefits of using the BM gem during game-play, it's probably cause the content you currently play is easy. In those instances you can ofc drop the BM gem and will probably be 100% fine. Bear in mind that the Version 3 build is mainly intended for the very-end game, as we've stated before.

Hope this helps a bit
IGN: Bootfish, Bootcharge, Krux ☆ PoE YouTube Channel: http://tinyurl.com/bootfish
2.0 Uber Atziri Video guide for "Mjolner Armor Life MoM/EB": http://tinyurl.com/malmomeb
2.0 Videos: 82 Core ☆ Uber Atziri: http://tinyurl.com/bootfish
Build guide thread: http://tinyurl.com/liferainbownuke
Last edited by Krux on Oct 9, 2015, 6:43:45 PM
What about aegis aurora shield instead safell?

"
Krux wrote:
@ulthane010: ES on Hit Jewels + EB alone cannot sustain you in the very end-game, such as Uber and 82 maps. For more read my reply to shotcaller77 below.

@shotcaller77: Np mate, Viviere and I are here to help where we can. In a nutshell, we use ES as an additional life pool, not as a mana pool. Key usage of MoM + EB in the Ver.3 build is to a) Mitigate more damage and b) Give additional 1k Life that is regen-ed via ES on Hit jewels.

Here's a simple breakdown with/without the BM gem:
Without BM: If you don't use the BM gem, Molten strike spends your ES when you have Eldritch Battery. But in the very end-game content there could be a lot of incoming damage, which means that your ES will reach 0 and you won't be able to use Molten Strike. If you can't use Molten Strike, you die as neither Life nor ES will heal up, since you need to keep hitting things to leech Life, via Romira-Voll-Kings combo, and to keep up ES via ES on Hit Jewels.
Remember, in the very end-game it's unlikely that you can top-off your ES as it's drained by: Molten Strike and incoming damage AND Mind over Matter becomes useless if you don't have enough ES, leaving you even more vulnerable.
Conclusion: When you keep draining your ES pool by using Molten Strike and on top of that you take substantial damage, it's hard to top-off your ES. With lots of things hitting hard you're bound to drop to 0 ES, which can result in death.
Note: You can 'solve' the 0 ES problem with certain flasks. However, imo that's less effective and less safe than simply using the BM gem.

With BM: Simple, with the BM gem you'll ALWAYS be able to hit things and the Romira-Voll-Kings combo will top-off your Life pool (and as long as you hit something you'll never die unless you're one-shot). Additionally MoM provides you with 30% more mitigation, making you even more tanky and it will have 100% uptime since you can sustain your ES in most scenarios. This is where the usage of ES on Hit jewels is two-fold: firstly, you generate your ES to make MoM work for the 30% mitigation, and secondly, ES on Hit jewels effectively turn your ES pool into an extra 1k+ life pool, (which is a lot!) since ofc incoming damage hits ES first (unless it's Chaos) and you will keep generating ES by hitting things.
Conclusion: Just watch my Uber Guide video, it's posted on the first page in the "Videos" section, and pay attention to several things:
1) I use the BM gem when running Uber ofc.
2) Fast forward to the Trio fight and you'll see that I use Discipline instead of PoL in that fight. And even then, due to so much incoming damage, I often have little-to-no ES left. Now, imagine what would happen if I dropped the BM gem :D ES on Hit Jewels CANNOT keep me up on their own (I've tried it and died miserably :D).
3) Rewind to the Vaal Duo fight and notice that I took the damage from the Smash and lived. I would've died if it weren't for the additional 1k+ ES, MoM and proper flasks :) Since then I've done more testing and I can 100% facetank the Smash, but normally I try to avoid it anyway... that bloody thing hurts!
Note: Read up on "effective Life" (eLife or eHP) if you need to, I won't be explaining it here.

Bottom line: Armor Life MoM/EB version of the build, with the BM gem, will make most of the very-end game content easy. Only a few things can one-shot you.
Note: If you do not feel the benefits of using the BM gem during game-play, it's probably cause the content you currently play is easy. In those instances you can ofc drop the BM gem and will probably be 100% fine. Bear in mind that the Version 3 build is mainly intended for the very-end game, as we've stated before.

Hope this helps a bit

<--- Makes me love you. Thanks for a thorough explanation. Thanks for taking the time buddy. Really appreciate it!
I have a Templar variant of this that utilizes RF for more damage, and looks (Cause RF is just a badass looking thing!)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1450403
I love pie.
Is this jewel not worth using because of the +2 energy shield instead of +3? Not sure how important that is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info