[2.0] MoM Incinerate - no Zealot's Oath, no Eldritch Battery - Defensive build, cheap and fun

"
Mephistal wrote:
I'll just agree to disagree on GMP over LMP in any situation but...

"

I understand Celestial Judgement is a great passive and I understand the power of Fire Penetration, but again, the damage is enough, and there are plenty of other ways to scale it. After playing the The Awakening Beta and listening to some comments by streamers on Twitch, I believe the new changes to the game favor building your character with a mind on your defensive capabilities, and not excessive investment on damage, as it will probably be enough anyway. I already liked building defensive rather than offensive builds before the patch, so that's a nice playstyle for me.

Maybe in HC but the reverse, generally, is true in standard, but if that is your preferred play style then really it just becomes subjective and pointless in debating.

Yup, thanks for understanding it's a subjective topic :). In any case, due to your comment I should probably state in the guide and thread title that this is a defensive build. I don't play HC because I don't have good latency and because I tend to die to stupid things and be careless, but I do like to make HC-viable builds and play them in standard leagues. Even when playing standard, I feel that if I die too frequently then my build has failed.
"
"
Mephistal wrote:
I'll just agree to disagree on GMP over LMP in any situation but...

"

I understand Celestial Judgement is a great passive and I understand the power of Fire Penetration, but again, the damage is enough, and there are plenty of other ways to scale it. After playing the The Awakening Beta and listening to some comments by streamers on Twitch, I believe the new changes to the game favor building your character with a mind on your defensive capabilities, and not excessive investment on damage, as it will probably be enough anyway. I already liked building defensive rather than offensive builds before the patch, so that's a nice playstyle for me.

Maybe in HC but the reverse, generally, is true in standard, but if that is your preferred play style then really it just becomes subjective and pointless in debating.

Yup, thanks for understanding it's a subjective topic :). In any case, due to your comment I should probably state in the guide and thread title that this is a defensive build. I don't play HC because I don't have good latency and because I tend to die to stupid things and be careless, but I do like to make HC-viable builds and play them in standard leagues. Even when playing standard, I feel that if I die too frequently then my build has failed.

Yeah, like I said "generally" true and as it relates to latency concerns and play style there's definitely a valid point to it. I've played an incinerator in just about every league and it's always nice to see a new guide and another take on it. Thanks for sharing!
UPDATE: Posted new video - Waste Pool run with 40% slower life and mana regen. The build handled the regen penalty pretty well. The video is in the video section of the guide but i'll paste the link below too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKbI-e5tW4I
Last edited by Rhoa_Power on Jul 15, 2015, 7:07:16 PM
UPDATE: Posted new video - Gorge run with 40% slower life and mana regen and double boss. Done in about 9 minutes. I believe clearspeed will improve greatly with more Projectile Speed on incinerate. Also working on more DPS.

https://youtu.be/EJnp54QTi1I
Last edited by Rhoa_Power on Jul 16, 2015, 9:50:08 AM
Cool build overall, like you said ^ you're really lacking proj speed.. and you should invest more in damage now, maybe grab some more life nodes just to get those sweet 5k life and then full dps.
Its just a nice solid cheap build, well done, may the Rhoa Power be with you (^)>
"
Kageyosh1 wrote:
Cool build overall, like you said ^ you're really lacking proj speed.. and you should invest more in damage now, maybe grab some more life nodes just to get those sweet 5k life and then full dps.
Its just a nice solid cheap build, well done, may the Rhoa Power be with you (^)>

Thanks for the feedback bro :) will definitely be looking for adding more DPS at this stage of the build.

Updated the guide with a new video - Academy map boss fight: https://youtu.be/VfTKyXE3LoU
Hello , I'm from Brazil and started playing PoE this week. I'm using your build and having a lot of fun . Thanks for the guide.
"
Unbreakablex wrote:
Hello , I'm from Brazil and started playing PoE this week. I'm using your build and having a lot of fun . Thanks for the guide.

Hey, I'm from Brazil, too! Obrigado pelo feedback :)

I'd love to know how you're progressing as you level with the build. Also keep an eye on this thread for updates.
Recent Updates:

Added 2 Videos: Academy map boss fight and Volcano map run
Added screenshots with build stats at level 85

If you've been following the guide or if you're using the build in the game, please let me know if you have any feedback!
Could you post your current gear with the build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info