Mirage of bones

Anyone think hes a bit overtuned for a 68 boss?

( Desert boss )
( Nightwade on steroids )

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I've given up on judging what is overtuned, but to share my experience:

4.5k life, 5 endurance charges, warbands

first map - boss split into 4 at once, projectiles hit for about 3k, managed to dodge until he was almost dead, but then got hit with 2 projectiles in a row, so 1 death there

second map - boss split into ~10 at once, hit by 5-6 projectile after some running around :) 2nd death; tried to approach again, 3rd death almost from offscreen;

the map visuals are nice though
The damage didn't feel out of line. But I'm doing a flame surge build, tooltip is 10k, using flame totem and flame surge for ignite and extra damage. After about 5 mins I didn't kill a single clone. I'm probably doing realistically 20k dps, focusing on one guy and nothing dying. For context I killed brutus much faster and didn't have to deal with the fact that I might be wasting all my damage on a fake brutus.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
I have to agree something is wrong with this fight.

I tried twice the fight and got destroyed very quick. Having to stand still to hit them, and both tries I saw 7-8 of them all around me.

Even trying to kite they teleport or something..

For 68 map, knowing that I have no difficulties clearing it, that boss needs rethinking.

I just got him as a Zana special, (level 74) with boosted damage and speed, yet.

I took him down, but goddamn! It cost me 2 deaths, at 4.5K life, 16800 armour (before flasks) and 64% block. Using facebreakers and icecrash (34K tooltip before taste of hate flask) he was just standing there and taking it while his buddies gunned me down.

Nasty, nasty fight.
yep he is overtuned. LOL i had this map the first in the awakeining and wow got 1 death on this overtuned boss, really nasty splits.
im self-found for life and i got him to half of his hp two times after like 7 mins of trying but gave up (going with glacial cascade/ele prolif non crit). 3.1k hp and 2.1k es and three endurance charges yet he still is able to kill me in 4 hits blah

edit: desert - new orchard? lol
Last edited by Kreaper_669 on Jul 17, 2015, 8:17:44 AM
all the new map bosses are over tuned , they hit hard and are harder to kill than most of the vanilla bosses from the old maps
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
all the new map bosses are over tuned , they hit hard and are harder to kill than most of the vanilla bosses from the old maps

not gonna say the new bosses are perfect
they might need tunning, but the concept of the bosses and the general execution is pretty good in my opinion.
'the pit' 1 needz some change so he doesnt spam his cyclone tough is hell for melee in his current state. (or maybe i missed somthing as to when he won't cyclone if so do tell)

but tbh i rather see those 'vanilla bosses' updated

allot are very 'meh' in there current state

they did it with brutus/merveil and a few other bosses and they have become actual fights now

hope they do the same with some of the other bosses
like the ones from,
-grotto
-crypt
-cemetery
-mountain ledge
-spider lair
etc

"
Anyone think hes a bit overtuned for a 68 boss?

( Desert boss )
( Nightwade on steroids )

I think the real one needs to curse you!

(you know as a give away who the real one is and a downside attached to it :E)

I thought he wasn't actually that tough, just bothersome to waste time on currently. Could have been because i rolled "twinned" though :').

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info