Low fps or fps drops.

Having the same problem here. Had solid frame rates for a year until the last two patches... now frame rate issues no matter what the settings are.

Running a GT 755M.
I'd kill for 30 fps right about now. Last night I counted with my own eyes, literally 2 fps.

Actually I'm frequently getting 30 on the upper end and it's giving me a headache. It's a good excuse to take a hiatus I guess.
On my GTX 970 I frequently get sub 20 fps drops and party play? forget about it. Does not make a difference if all settings are maxed or all set to minimum.
i <3 minesweeper
Having huge performance issues with PoE as well. Very frequent FPS drops/freezes varying in severity depending on which map I'm on. Every other game runs smooth for me with high/maxed GFX settings.

I'm farming Dried Lake atm and it's a death trap because of this.

My setup:

http://i.imgur.com/ka9f3Bm.png

I'm having the same issue all of a sudden myself, before I could run two copies of POE at once and not lag and now running one my fps jumps between 25 and 210 fps. It was just the latest patch that I started to have these problems (the frost wall power charge fix)
Well you're not Robinsom Crusoe altho I was thinking the problem was my vid card until I read this thread.
For me the issues have been around and getting worse for the last two weeks. My rig is pretty much the same as Matsemann's cept I'm using a gtx 970 which is a recent thing before that I was running an overclocked gtx 760 which is meant to be slower and has half the video memory yet it ran much smoother.
I thought it was the card but same as everyone else other games which should be more graphics hungry (witcher 3, lords of the fallen) run fine but PoE is laggy slow and disconnects randomly.
I am also on a GTX 970, with an i5-2500K overclocked and 16GB RAM, running of an SSD. Getting massive FPS drops in certain situations. Seems to be worst when there are ground effects, desecrated being the worst.

Changing settings does nothing, nor does applying a hefty overclock on my card.
Why i cant see any ggg guy here for help ?
Hi everybody,

I have the same issue than everybody but my gpu is far lower than yours (GT720M).

I used to play with 60fps in hideout and 10-20 into maps.

Today i made some changes and now I'm playing with 120(had 10s at 220) fps in h/o and 70 in maps (40-50 with desecrate)

I want to tell before anything else that I really dont understand anything in computers so I'll just tell you what I did as I did not knowing what made such an Improvement :

First I disabled firewalls

Then in the folder MyGames/pathofexile I deleted the awakening beta files (2remaining) and the MOTDCache and Minimap files

Then I switched the Battery use from PowerSaving to HighPerformance

I also Made some changes to the GPU
- Triple cache activated
- TextureFiltering to High Performances

And I launched the game in admin mod.

Sorry for my english but I hope that this can help some of you...

Last edited by corsi2b on Sep 6, 2015, 2:00:46 PM
Is this still being worked on? The game is currently unplayable for me. I haven't played in awhile but never had any problems with performance, just did a massive update to The Awakening and now the game is unplayable due to the choppiness / frame rate problems.

i5
16 GB RAM
Radeon 6900

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info