Snap! Crackle! Pop! Crit Wild Strike (Updated Passives + More)

Crit Wild Strike with Bino's + Soul Taker (not required) + Adder's Touch Passive for insane life regen

Before you get to far into this build I would like to give credit to Cyclonus build by fiqst for inspiring this build. For this build is pretty much a copy of that with some minor tweaks to it for Wild Strikes benefit.

So you want to go Snap! Crackle! Pop!?

Well this build works great at doing just that. With the use of Wild Strike, you are able to Snap, Crackle, and Pop things to death. Monsters will run in fear of the Rice Crispy Treat! If that doesn't interest you then how about having 2000+ life regen per second through Bino's + Passive Synergies? Yea thats right, 2000+ life regen per second. Most times I see around 2500 Life Regen per second. Then pair it with 40% Reduced Physical Damage Taken from Lightning Coil, 50% damage Reduction from armour, flasks, and you become a pretty tanky Rice Crispy.

PROS-

-With GMP you get pretty good range
-Great survivability Reflect is no problem with 2000+ life regen
-Hits real hard 60K+ DPS (non maxed Wild Strike)
-Still can use Blood Rage (adds almost 5k dmg)
-Can be done without a lot of the items I have, just need to optimize the tree better for your items
-Can do build without Soul Taker if you don't have (just need to adjust the tree a little bit for mana regen (Could be good with Doryani's Catalyst instead of Soul Taker))
Spoiler

CONS-

-Expensive for a lot of people
-Rare situations can kill you easy (like most builds imo)
-Boss fights can be hard without proper placement/mechanics/flasks
-Will list more as I come across them...

SHORT VIDEOS WITH STATS

Short Video With Offensive stats

Short Video With Defensive stats

-PASSIVE TREE LEVEL 85 MARAUDER-

-PASSIVE TREE LEVEL 100-

-BANDIT REWARDS-

Spoiler
Norm - Passive (might change to Oak)
Cruel - Passive (might change for Oak)
Merc - Power Charge

-GEAR + GEM LINKS-

Spoiler

I use Bino's in my main hand because Wild Strike strikes with your main hand weapon only, and I find it gives me better life regen from bino's and Adder's Touch Passive.

This is for the obvious "Insufficient mana doesn't prevent your melee attacks".

For the 40% reduced Physical Damage of course.

The instant life leech is too good for survivability + the Intelligence helps free up a passive for me.

The rest is for more damage (helm), life/resists/Stat fillers (rings, ammy, belt, and boots).

The current links in my gear is how I currently have them linked and setup. They are setup this way because it was easier to get the colors I needed with this setup, and without Blood Magic on Blood Rage, and Golem I would not be able to cast them with auras taking up 99% of my mana.

I realize Atziri's Acuity is very expensive, and if you do not have I would suggest using
Spoiler

Or I recommend gloves with resistances (whichever you need to be capped), life, and a stat fill (or if you don't need more damage).

SKILL GEMS

6L- Wild Strike + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Faster Attacks + Melee Physical Damage + Multistrike + Physical to Lightning
(once Fortify gem is leveled to 18+ I will switch it out with Melee Physical Damage for more tankiness if needed)

4L- Herald of Ash + Increased Burning + Increased Duration + Elemental Proliferation

4L- Blood Magic + Increased Duration + Ice Golem + Blood Rage

3L- Cast When Damage Taken + Increased Duration + Immortal Call

-Stat Screen Shots-

WILL UPLOAD NEW SCREENSHOTS OF STATS USING NEW PASSIVE TREE BY TOMORROW
ALTHOUGH THE DAMAGE CHANGE ISN'T MUCH, THE DEFENSIVE TAB HAS CHANGED

Offensive Stats

Spoiler
Aura's Only

Aura's, and Charges

Aura's, Charges, and Flasks

Defensive Stats

Spoiler
No charges, no Flasks

Charges, and Flasks

Sorry for any lacking information. If you have any questions just post a comment, and I will get back to you. Thanks for your feedback.

Anyone that wishes to contribute, and help make this build one of the new fun builds of the season. Please feel free to post anything different you do that you think can contribute and make this build AWESOME!
I will give credit to any that helps do so :D
Last edited by FilthyFew on Jul 18, 2015, 8:39:14 PM
Snap crackle and pop! That's gotta be the name of this build :)
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Very interesting, good luck in your building

- Isn't hard vs Reflec Phys and Ele ?
- GM can be replaced by Physical Projectile Attack Damage ?
- You have chosen a point : 10% Phys damage with 2 Handed melee weapon (near Combat Stamina)
- I stop bothering you ^^''
"
fiqst wrote:
Snap crackle and pop! That's gotta be the name of this build :)

Haha! I will change it. That is a good idea :D

Last edited by FilthyFew on Jul 13, 2015, 2:49:38 PM
"
Zhaolin wrote:
Very interesting, good luck in your building

- Isn't hard vs Reflec Phys and Ele ?
- GM can be replaced by Physical Projectile Attack Damage ?
- You have chosen a point : 10% Phys damage with 2 Handed melee weapon (near Combat Stamina)
- I stop bothering you ^^''

Thank you for the luck :D

- For reflects, so far I have had no issue with it at all on the account of having so much life regen per second (2000-3000+ per second) with Bino's, and Snakebite synergies.
- GMP can be replaced by anything of your preference like Physical Projectile Attack Damage, Chain, or faster projectiles etc. I will tests these out for you and get back with my results.
- As for the point into 2 handed melee damage. I looked and could not see a point taken into that at all near it. Maybe you might have clicked it on accident, or just a glitch with the website maybe, but on my current tree I do not have such a passive.
-You are no bother to me. I prefer people asking questions then non at all :D

Thanks for your questions, and I hope I answered them for you.
Would love to see a video of this.

I plan to get on my duelist or scion and test out the new melee skills myself. Quite interested in how gmp/inc aoe would work with wildstrike in terms of clear speed.
Ugh effort
Hi,
Possible screens stats ? Thanks.
Double post :/
Last edited by vick666 on Jul 14, 2015, 9:41:56 AM
Hi,

I respe' my marauder lvl 93. I launch my first map after my message :)

Gear:

Spoiler

4646 Hp
69K Dps with lvl 14 WStrike /Herald Ice-Ash & Cold Golem (20% WStrike phase pex)
75% Resists -48 Chaos
46% (+2% with Jewell http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Conqueror%27s_Longevity (quest acte 2 "Through Sacred Ground" mercilless) dodge Attacks
30% Spell

I still have 4(+2 books Acte4 normal & cruel) points to distribute in my skill tree. I would see after a few maps if i go on defense (Golem's Blood?) or 1 frenzy charge & Jewell sup with 1 socket (just below hearthseeker).

Edit: Finally,i went on Golem's blood 4936 HP & 99.4K DPS Full Charges & with Atziri's Promise. I'll test with a Taste of hate in the day.

Nice build!
Last edited by vick666 on Jul 14, 2015, 10:45:20 AM
Hello, thanks all for your posts. I am currently working on getting screenshots and videos. At the moment though my work has got busy, so give me a couple days and I will have more details on this build. I have started to run around with a dual strike gem, and added cold damage gem (for lack of a better support gem that is green) to switch to during boss fights. Wild strike isn't terrible at boss fights, I just like having dual strike because it hits so much harder for single target. Anyways thank you for your patience as I get the information I need.

Side note- I also tried this build as a lvl 83 Dualist. 2 levels lower than my Marauder, and they are fairly similar. The Marauder has a bit more damage and health I find though. I have yet to try any other classes for a lack of regret orbs to do so. I will work on getting more to try rerolling other chars for it(although this could be a while before I can get around to that).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info