someone school me plz

Here are my PC specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

AMD Athlon II X4 645 Quad-Core Processor

integrated NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE graphics (NVIDIA nforce 430 chipset?)

1TB hard drive

4GB DDR3 memory

Now the issue...I have no idea what most of these numbers mean x.x so I will explain the problem. When I play PoE on this, it sucks...I mean the rain on the start screen doesn't even come down in a fluid motion, even on minimum settings. So my question is, which part of this hunk of bolts PC do I need to upgrade to allow the game to be ran fluidly.

I have done a little research before I posted this and found that the NVIDIA geforce 6150SE isnt really a graphics card (it wasn't made to play games either) it is a chipset on the motherboard, which means I should still have a slot to put in a card (if that is the problem which I think it is, I just don't know if I have enough ram and blah blah). Any opinions on the matter would be most helpful, here are the specs of the PC in question from the geeks.com website http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=AX1420G-U5832-FB-R

If you guys believe it is in fact the graphics card that I need and the other specs are fine for PoE, then please post up links or PM me your recommendation for a graphics card.
Last edited by Qpwnzz on Feb 11, 2013, 2:04:16 PM
The HD 6670 is the better of the two.

You will need to upgrade your power supply if you get a new graphics card as well. The 220w one your computer came with will not work.

~Edit~ You might be able to get away with the GeForce 430 and not upgrade your power supply. But, don't hold me to that.
Last edited by ZFreie on Feb 11, 2013, 1:58:08 PM
thanks for your reply! Will either card run PoE alot better than I currently am though? Also, can I even get a low profile power supply so it will fit in my PC or will I have to change the guts out to a bigger tower?

_edit_ also, just the next stage up power supply, or is there a recommended number i should buy?
Last edited by Qpwnzz on Feb 11, 2013, 2:05:42 PM
"
Qpwnzz wrote:
thanks for your reply! Will either card run PoE alot better than I currently am though? Also, can I even get a low profile power supply so it will fit in my PC or will I have to change the guts out to a bigger tower?

_edit_ also, just the next stage up power supply, or is there a recommended number i should buy?

First of all, you should get this card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161403 instead. Better than the other 2 listed, and only 5$ more expensive.

It will run A LOT better than your current graphics card. I bet that 6150 can run D2... Not much more than that.

I don't know the size of your case, but even the smallest power supply I can think of should be sufficient.

Hope I see you in-game soon :)

Last edited by Umskiptar on Feb 11, 2013, 2:14:58 PM
"
Qpwnzz wrote:
Also, can I even get a low profile power supply so it will fit in my PC or will I have to change the guts out to a bigger tower?

A quick newegg search says there are power supplys that will fit in your current case, but I'm not sure if a full size graphics card will fit in your current case. You might have to upgrade to a larger case. I think you would have to do some measuring to make sure a new graphics card will find inside.

I would go with a 400w power supply. You'll want to make sure on the power supply you buy has the correct connector to power a graphics card.
Last edited by ZFreie on Feb 11, 2013, 2:41:32 PM
Thanks, I like the card you posted alot better than the other 2. The only thing I found on newegg for 400w low profile power supplies were http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&N=-1&isNodeId=1&Description=400W+power+supply+low+profile&x=0&y=0

I am guessing I need to figure out how big my mother board is, so I can make sure those would connect to it? As well as make sure it has the connection needed to hook to the graphics card?
"
Qpwnzz wrote:
Thanks, I like the card you posted alot better than the other 2. The only thing I found on newegg for 400w low profile power supplies were http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&N=-1&isNodeId=1&Description=400W+power+supply+low+profile&x=0&y=0

I am guessing I need to figure out how big my mother board is, so I can make sure those would connect to it? As well as make sure it has the connection needed to hook to the graphics card?

Your motherboards size does not matter, nor does the amount of connections on the motheerboard; it's the other way around. Your power supply must have the amount of connections that you need to use, which that one does indeed have :)
Ahhh, I see. Thank you for all the input! :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info