Generic Oro build #123 (2.0)

What this build is about?

Endgame build focusing on survivability, using the Oro's sword. A test whether you can overcome the massive damage spikes using pots/massive HP pool/regen as your defense.

It is probably one of the tankiest builds around post 2.0

This build is meant to survive end game content, possibly HC viable given the person who plays it unlike me plans on surviving.

Build killed merc malachai with 0 deaths, even took the teleport on full HP and managed to survive it (25%+ hp left).

Please take note that the build is a remake of my Proper Oro's build, which got hit in the kneecaps with the massive prolif nerf. Now using HoA+prolif+melee splash on main att, which looks sexy as hell.

==================================
Build records:
Did the old palace map with 20% more damage mod too) Killed malachai merci 2nd phase holding RMB, survived the smash in phase one too ^^
Downed Kaom boss in lvl 82 abyss map with TC and 109% extra cold dam. !!!
Downed Village ruin enrage bear from 100% to 0% with poison on hit. !!!
==================================

Playstyle:

Flicker into a pack kill a mob or 2, let them start prolifing, leap slam out of the pack regen your HP, jump back repeat till everything is dead, if the pack is weaker you can just hold RMB.

Upsides:

- Massive HP pool (8.2 using my gear)
- Can kill practically any boss with the flicker in leap slam out tactic
- Can afford to use only 1 active skill if you are really lazy, let the RMB flow through you (for the even lazier in easier maps you can just watch mobs kill themselves with vengeance while you overregen the damage)
- Permament flicker
- High regen (770+/sec w. my gear)

Downsides:

- Ignite immune mobs. (Atziri/last trio/enraged vessel, Tzetotsh)
Those get annoying, I managed to down them but it takes a loooooot of time, I'd advise against doing so.
- No mitigation besides pots and if you want AA for bosses.
- Relatively low clear speed, barely managed to do Oba's map in time.

A quick look on my off/def tabs.

Spoiler

Att
Spoiler

Def
Spoiler

Misc
Spoiler

Charge
Spoiler

Auras:

Herald of ash with ele prolif/AA for bosses if you wish + clarity (whatever level you can afford from the rest of your mana)

Gear:
Spoiler

If you only have a 5L oro remove fortify or melee splash depending if you want to go fast or safe.

I do not advise using low-end gear which would make you end up below 5k Hp as it leads to easy deaths.
You might want to replace the kaoms with a belly and use vaal ST + GMP + ele dam it makes short work of most bosses or at least cleans every mob from the room (make sure to spam all 6 charges) and down the boss to 20-40% if not killing it right away.

Vengeance + mana leech will help you a lot if you don't want to invest in mana nodes, I prefer spamming my hits though.

Make sure to focus on WED, HP and Resists on gear.

Jewels:

Melee dam/fire dam/maxlife/manaregen are preferred, haven't checked all unique jewels so far so those are the ones I'm using atm.

Flasks:

Spoiler

Tri resist flasks + granite for the hard hits and jumping into packs
and a panicked/bubbling/seething flask depending on your taste.

Passive tree (at lvl 91)

Bandit Choices
Spoiler
+1 +1 endu

Tree levelling:

Start off by getting a few WED nodes, then go for the HP, lower levels I used a random ele wep or brightbeak with molten strike and heralds. At higher lvls get all the Hp nodes all around temp/mara, the flat DPS of the sword will make a short work on any pack so you won't need too many of the attack nodes thankfully.

Video of the build:

Will be uploaded as soon as I can get my PC together

Let me know if I missed anything.
Last edited by KillerB on Jul 14, 2015, 7:33:08 PM
Bump for updates, turned out to be a really tanky build afterall.
Due to the 2.0 changes now you can use another really great combination with oro, higher dps better clearspeed.

Spoiler

I'd advise you to try out all the melee attack gems and find the one that suits your tast.
Before 2.0 I was locked in flicker because it had a 125% base damage increase while everything else had physical damage increase.
how would headhunter or Inspired Learning do with this build?
Well I might try HH tomorrow, but on my current iteration of the build I went for maximum hp, recently I bought myself some new gear part, crafted some jewels, remade my skill tree a bit and reached 8.9k hp 1.4k regen and 2attack/sec with 26k dps w ice crash with 5 power charges on, I'm low on resist (barely capped) and the belt provides a huge chunk of it, and loads of HP too, having an HH on would definately improve the clear speed and the general survivability due to the constant mods on you, but I feel that'd it'd be a drawback versus new endgame boss content, the bosses that hit for 6k+ for some reason.

Switched to this and bandit reward to 1 frenzy, can facetank practically any map w any mod (besides noregen ofc) up to 75 rares (didn't try to facetank higher ones)

The build went practically cockroach, the only map I failed was Wastelands lvl 80 map with -max + fire +few more not that important mods, the boss on that map is, well strange, you can down it to 50% ish then it spawns adds and HP regen ground below itself and heals back to 100%...

Borrowed a legacy Kaom heart from a friend and achieved this.
Facetanked the new lvl 77 Death and Taxes, I barely had to use potions.
Spoiler

Great Build, currently level 78 in tempest sitting at 5.8k life with about 500 regen. Few questions though. One, why not get +40 life for bandits? Wouldn't that be much more beneficial than a single skill point? Also, noticed in your characters tree on your profile your running equib, by my understanding, Ice crash hits with physical, ice, and in this case fire for this build all at once, leaving lightning the lowered resists, so what is the point? And just curious as to you choice of blood magic. Obviously a 35% hp boost is quite high, but with HoA and AA, half of it will be gone. Did you just put points in those to see how high you could get your life lol?

Anyways, those were my thoughts, coming along great so far, thanks!
I was poor, because I didn't have anything. But I was rich, because I had a dream.
Ahh, I scienced my 6L oro and it died :(
The reasoning why I scienced the Oro:
Spoiler
Well, this build was pretty much tanky, OP for the most part, and goddamn near invincible in any map below 77, but with the 80s map additions (namely wastelands and hard rolled excavation), it became unable to clear all the content in game. Meanly, because you have to stop DPSing during bossfights to regen, and since both of these bosses have regen, if the map has damage mods, it just becomes a stalemate, after 30 min vs excavation lanternbro I had to realise that GGG made a massive mistake bringing bossregen into fights.

Now I'm trying EA atm, so that is why I have prolif :D

E: as for the +40 life I'm not quite sure, would have to maths it out, I have 500 flat life from kaom and loads of more flat from gear, iirc I once mathsed it out and it was worth going for another 5% life node instead of the 40 life from oak.
Last edited by KillerB on Aug 3, 2015, 4:05:20 AM
Just wondering if you have been able to kill atziri yet? im working towards a set right now and was hoping to hear some good news :D. Since i know you changed to bow and arrow range. Is it possible for a 2 hand ice crash? Fun build btw.
Last edited by EntarAdunExecutor on Aug 19, 2015, 3:54:00 PM
Hmm, I got someone who will lend me a 6l Oro for a few vids and the builds of my EA and this are almost identitical, so I can make the vids for both this char and I'll be making a guide for the EA char too.

I killed atziri with it but I can't remember if it was facetanking or I actually had to dodge her attacks.
I noticed you still have HoA recommended. But using Oro's in this build pretty much means no physical damage, right? Was that for a previous version before Oro's?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info