Armour, EC, Fortify, AA, chaos golem

So how does these all stack?

I belive that only armour and endurance charges reduction stack additively.

However what is the order of reductions? Because that will effect armour effectivenes.

example
Spoiler
1000 damage against 10000 armour => 50% armor reduction + 3 EC = 62%
So 1000x0.48x0.8x0.87x0.96= 254

If armour/EC would be last then 1000x0.8x0.87x0.96 = 668 , against that 10000 armour is 60% reduction + EC = 72% so then in the end you take 187 damage.

That means 25% more mitigation in this example
First we have damage splitters like Lightning coil and Cloak of flames.
Then you apply armor and stack endurance charges and chaos golem on top of it to get final physical damage reduction number.
Then you got increased/reduced physical damage taken, including fortify, abyssus, vulnerability curse and such.
Arctic armor is multiplicative and stacks with nothing so you can apply it at any point after armor/endurance/golem step.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jul 12, 2015, 8:18:38 AM
"
raics wrote:
First we have damage splitters like Lightning coil and Cloak of flames.
Then you apply armor and stack endurance charges and chaos golem on top of it to get final physical damage reduction number.
Then you got increased/reduced physical damage taken, including fortify, abyssus, vulnerability curse and such.
Arctic armor is multiplicative and stacks with nothing so you can apply it at any point after armor/endurance/golem step.

Does Fortify reduces only phys dmg? The text in PoE wiki says "grants the player 20% reduced Damage Taken from Hits for 4 seconds" - to me it means all kind of damage, not only phys. (Chaos and DoT excluded)
Fort reduces all Damage taken, including Chaos Damage, excluding Damage over Time.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Fort reduces all Damage taken, including Chaos Damage, excluding Damage over Time.

Thanks, I thought chaos was excluded too, probably because I associated it with poison dmg. But then it comes another question:

In Cruel, with 0 chaos resistance does it work this way? 100 incoming chaos dmg = 100 * (1+0,6) [for the -60% penalty] * 0,8 [for the 20% Fortify reduction] = 128 received dmg?
Yes. I don't know how you get -60% Chaos Res in Cruel, but okay ;)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 2, 2015, 6:10:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info