[DISCONTINUED] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

hi, with this build is real to farm maps?
@eithelonnen

Yes you can farm maps with this build.

At level 68, doing maps is easy as well as farming docks for xp
Hello! First off, I love this build. I started a new Marauder on Warbands and didn't any starting gear, only some skill gems. I just hit level 60 and am in Merciless and rolled through Act 1. With that said, I did want to add some input into the build.

1) Ground slam is amazing and the AOE of it is great. I guess the only thing that I came across that may or may not be better in some circumstances is using Ice Crash instead. The AOE on Ice Crash is impressive, it hits enemies behind you depending on where you place your cursor, and with Life Gain On Hit, it steamrolls mobs. The ONLY reason I ended up switching out Ground Slam is because, when I put Ice Crash in, it gave me a pretty damn big DPS boost over Ground Slam.

2) Resistances are key in late Cruel and going into Merciless. I've found that, with this build, most champ packs and mob groups are no sweat. It is actually pretty awesome how many rare enemies you can take on at once and survive. However, boss fights (as they probably should be) tend to be a different story. Then again, that seems to be for everyone else I see as well. Anyway, resistances help a ton.

3) I know I am missing out on DPS atm. Seeing as I just hit level 60, I am going to try to find a good 2H mace. Sometime around level 54, I found a 2h axe that was just too much of a DPS boost to pass up. I am just looking for an equivalent or better 2h mace.

Thanks for your build! I love it and the combat is fun and feels like what a melee facemelter should.
Last edited by DentMan06 on Aug 16, 2015, 5:31:18 PM
If you take just some mana-nodes and multistrike combined with a little bit of mana-leech (amulet, gloves), you can easily sustain groundslam. And you can use Auras like hatred and herald of ash to boost damage (maybe even without mana-nodes). When you take blood magic as a perk and then use auras, you will lose life (reserved) that you bought earlier for expensive skill-points. That does not make sense in my opinion. If you pass on blood magic, you can go the inner path to duellist area. On this road you can take "Unwavering stance" which is important to not get stunned as a melee. And you can take the armor+health nodes on this route instead of pure armor+ in the marauder section. And if you are lacking some dex or int, you can easiliy take it.

Like here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEABLMFLQmWC2ES4RQgFHEYkRo-IVUnICkuLPs0jjkOOzs8BTwtPfxAoEa3R35QR1HmWGNeE18_YJFhUmVNZ1ho8mvZcql2rHdTeu98uHzZg1-DzITZhO-FUoY7hmCHaooijM-QbJHOktCXeZ7FogCi6qknqZStja9stz677byfvTa-p8BmxPbGrsbYz37Tb9lh5FHkreoY6wnvDu9O73zwH_Iv9kj3Mvjr2XyCB_JB0iGezacwn8sB5xRN_Es26P4K2L20LyE0QT8=

Additionally i don't really get the increased fire-damage nodes. If you take more phy-damage, you have more leech. If you have more phys, you have more fire-damage through added fire. So: taking more phys-nodes and less fire would be good.

Just my 2 cents, could be wrong, but that is how i went to lvl 92 with my groundslammer.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Last edited by ghamadvar on Aug 17, 2015, 11:34:12 AM
Isn't it much more effective taking the path to Skull Cracking (52% increased phys damage + culling on stun + stun threshold) instead of Lava Lash cluster (50% increased fire damage with weapons)?
@Rodrux

What level and what items do you have?

Ill test and post a reply back
"
Connorj177 wrote:
@Rodrux

What level and what items do you have?

Ill test and post a reply back

I am not using this build. I saw it searching for something to respec my duelist into, checked the tree and that came into my mind.
I'm using this build and I really love it so far! Thanks for making this guide. What type of weapon would you recommend for it? The skills that you use increases damage for 2 handed weapons as well as maces. Would you recommend one over the other or just use both weapon slots?
"
Adumu wrote:
I'm using this build and I really love it so far! Thanks for making this guide. What type of weapon would you recommend for it? The skills that you use increases damage for 2 handed weapons as well as maces. Would you recommend one over the other or just use both weapon slots?

Thats pretty confusing but build is made for 2h maces
"
Taotao11 wrote:
"
Adumu wrote:

Thats pretty confusing but build is made for 2h maces

Oh I wasn't aware there were two handed maces. I'm still kinda new at this game. Thanks :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info