CWDT + Phase Run = The Next Best Thing? and more

instead of CWDT try it on COMK (Cast on melee kill) what with the damage added damage that melee kill gives aswell this is working amazing with cyclone as you are getting immense speed and damage since there is no limitation to the supported gem level of melee kill also and you will be quite surprised how often it is activating. I have it tied to Vengence with culling, every cool down is a hit.
"
J4m wrote:
instead of CWDT try it on COMK (Cast on melee kill) what with the damage added damage that melee kill gives aswell this is working amazing with cyclone as you are getting immense speed and damage since there is no limitation to the supported gem level of melee kill also and you will be quite surprised how often it is activating. I have it tied to Vengence with culling, every cool down is a hit.

I know this post might be long dead but just reading through for ideas to improve survival and found this to be very helpful setup. I am new to this late game damage buff/debuff stuff with these types of gems however, Linking it to something like COMK seems like reverse of the intended use. Reason being doesnt COMK require to be linked to a Melee skill? running a test currently in late Cruel Act 4 and it seems like it gives just the edge I was looking for. only thing I might do is drop to CWDT to level 1 so it procs more often. Can't say i have noticed the lose of frenzy charges from Blood rage and Phase Run being use and yet you would gain them back fairly quick.
The only problem I always have with this setup is that I am usually constantly attacking or casting, so I never really stay in the Phase Run status for any noticeable amount of time. Might be useful for totem builds, though.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
Last edited by zagibu on Jul 25, 2017, 4:10:32 AM
"
zagibu wrote:
The only problem I always have with this setup is that I am usually constantly attacking or casting, so I never really stay in the Phase Run status for any noticeable amount of time. Might be useful for totem builds, though.

it's a nice idea but it simply fails in practice
''It gladdens me to know that Odin prepares for a feast.
This hero that comes into Valhalla does not lament his death.
I shall not enter Odin's hall with fear.
And I welcome the Valkyries to summon me home!''
Last edited by Khan1105 on Jul 25, 2017, 6:30:47 PM
If you have the spare socket then it is still useful. Don't forget that it gives you a damage bonus for your next attack and it makes you harder to be hit while it is active which is hard to notice, but probably makes about as much a difference as immortal call does with no endurance charges - very quick but still worth using.
The other day I wanted to give Blade Flurry + CwC + Phase Run a shot. The cooldown kills it tho. :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info